test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

✳️ "Boost any Romulan character straight to level 65" + Legendary ship ✳️

Comments

• thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Except that we will probably be getting an account-wide ship for $60 that would until now have sold as a single-character loot box ship for $250 (from Cryptic) or $120-$180 (from the Exchange).

The part of your post I was responding to was about the Legendary ship pack compared to this single Legendary ship, not lock boxes. Again, bad faith argument trying to change the goalpost of what I was talking about.

Also, I understand and agree that people should not expect an EXACT proportional breakdown from the legendary pack (as in each ship should only cost $20 if the pack of 10 cost $200). But whether $60 is reasonable or not is certainly a valid point of debate, and should not be simply dismissed as 'you got what you asked for but still aren't happy'.

Again, there are plenty of fine points to be made about people being hypocritical. But bad faith arguments aren't part of those fine points.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    As I will most likely have enough Zen to get it, I probably will. No use for the level skip thing though.

Saria might just get a refitted RRW Deku Scrub. lol
    Named my old little T'Liss that when I first started a Romulan. Her RP explaination would probably be decribing her as a little, annoying creature that spits nuts. The T'Liss is kinda the same, only with Plasma Torpedos.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Is this what you were waiting for?

https://youtu.be/GIGtHhAfe8w
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    > If it's a promo pack level ship and an iconic design like the Fed legendaries then sure, 6,000 zen is reasonable.
    >
    > Otherwise: NOPE.

It's going to be the BOP from Picard with the TOS, Tavaro, and Malem variants included. So it's basically the Romulan equivalent of the TOS connie they put in the Legendary bundle.

*IF* you're correct about this including the: T'varo Light, T'varo Retrofit, Malem, & whatever new "legendary" concoction Cryptic brews-up, the Rom ship from Picard, I definitely see the 6K zen price as far more appealing. Followed by whatever Cryptic means by: "over 70 different high level items, & the ability to set up your build,". I still see this as a possible more costly precedent for us as consumers compared to the Fed Legendary Bundle, but wait & see.
    Starting Price.

Remember the two versions of the Legendary Bundle.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    Might get it, especially if it means getting a TOS Romulan ship without sacrificing a goat or a virgin...
    Or a virgin goat!
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    I have yet to see 1 pack worth buying that they have offered in the last 6 months and then some that wasnt over priced. I will reserve my opinion for this pack till it comes out but if its 6k in zen it better be well worth it. So far i havent seen one this year even close and nothing in the Mudd store thats even worth it on sale. Plus i dont have 6k in zen right now wont till March of next year
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I know I said in the other thread that I would be happy for anything Romulan, but come on!! I certainly hope the "Romulan exclusive" they promised is not this instant-level-65 malarchy. I am going to still think positively.

It will all come down to the ship methinks.
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,185 Arc User
    I see ya all arguing about hot cakes since nobody knows what the 70 items are. It could me more then just worth it. All i know though is that 70 items for 1 char / ship is way to much stuff so I wonder about that Pandora's box.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    I wouldn't be offended by a Legendary T'Liss if it's comparable to the Defiant Legendary Pilot Warship. Especially if it has the 5/3 weapon layout. The experimental/heavy weapon slot has never impressed me.
    Credits to Navy Beans that they will take this opportunity to equip this Legendary Romulan Ship with four Advanced Plasma Arrays, which will unlock purchase in the Dilithium Store.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    I really hope those 70 items are amazing.. because 60 bucks for just a single ship is gonna be a rip if they're all just basic affair weapons and consoles..
  • dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    Am I the only one who is annoyed that you only learn of it on f*******k and t*****r?

And for everybody salivating about those 70 items. Obviously it's going to be a pick 10 out of 70 deal now that they ran the successful test.
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • iveridian2iveridian2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Umm, yeah NO!
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Except that we will probably be getting an account-wide ship for $60 that would until now have sold as a single-character loot box ship for $250 (from Cryptic) or $120-$180 (from the Exchange).

The part of your post I was responding to was about the Legendary ship pack compared to this single Legendary ship, not lock boxes. Again, bad faith argument trying to change the goalpost of what I was talking about.

Also, I understand and agree that people should not expect an EXACT proportional breakdown from the legendary pack (as in each ship should only cost $20 if the pack of 10 cost $200). But whether $60 is reasonable or not is certainly a valid point of debate, and should not be simply dismissed as 'you got what you asked for but still aren't happy'.

Again, there are plenty of fine points to be made about people being hypocritical. But bad faith arguments aren't part of those fine points.

Saying that your exaggeration was still valid was at least as much a bad faith argument as what you were replying to.

The Legendary bundle was essentially $20 per ship, but that's a volume discount. The scale for a similar size volume discount in ships is established in cross-faction mega bundles, which are 9 ships for the price of 4. That scale is awfully close to what we have here.

This whole performance of, "I'm going to buy it but the people complaining are justified for x arbitrary reason that I made up." is tiresome.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    Starting max level with all the rep races done too would be worthy methinks. The L65 Jem set was nice. I guess that will be the compare value wise... three ships for all toons was a nice boone to say the least. The traits were meh but nice ships for the average player.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    The items are definitely going to include equipment for the ship and character. Start someone out at 65, a fresh newbie, lets say, and they have no equipment? That would be miserable for them. So it is definitely going to be a full suite of at least purple ship equipment and ground equipment just like the Jems start with.

8 ship weapons, 11 consoles, 4 space equip, that's 23. Ground equip is 2 weapons, shield, armor, and a kit frame, and I'll guess they throw in an environment suit too, and maybe you also get a full selection of kit modules which is either 15 or 5 if they do a career specific box for them. Then you're going to get 3 more pieces per BOFF for at least 4 BOFFs, or 4 if they do throw in environment suits.

So you're looking at 45-60 pieces of basic equipment just to make sure a fresh Romulan is properly equipped at 65. What the rest might be is anyone's guess.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    dukedom01 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who is annoyed that you only learn of it on f*******k and t*****r?

And for everybody salivating about those 70 items. Obviously it's going to be a pick 10 out of 70 deal now that they ran the successful test.

I dont even get to see any of this stuff till someome posts it here. I for one will NOT look at more than one news feed for anything in a day. I didnt even realize the Romulans were getting anything till it was posted here by someone.
  • lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 490 Arc User

You're argument itself is bad faith because it doesn't go back to the root cause either.

5-6-7 of those ships in that pack cost hundreds of dollars for a player to get ONE. With less fan fair. How much is one flight deck cruiser. How much is one Light cruiser. How much is one Kelvin cruiser, or NX, or discovery?

Even if you change the outline of the ship such as the layout, its not bad specially when some ships are a vast improvement over the original. Plus you get the trait and the console and the weapons and the skins and the experimental weapons of the original plus all new items and skins.

I paid thousands of dollars to get those ships and players got them for 20.00 no not even twenty dollars most players got them for 17.00 each and still complained. So your argument is just as hypocritical and bad faith as you assume his argument to be. Where he is actually correct that that is how the system goes and how the people react.
    Even god rested. No work ethic.
  • acethepugacethepug Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Need more details. I expect the ship is probably the T'liss variant from Picard, hope it gets the classic skin as well.

As for the autolevel to 65? Might be tempting for a new player, but I have lots of research assignments from old lockboxes and a stockpile of XP Boosts from First Contact Day, can get a new toon to 65 in a day by loading up assignments after the XP Boost and getting them to 12 for Duty Officers and added DO packs (again, from old boxes)

The 70 items I would guess might be along the lines of what a starting Jem'Hadar gets. That makes the most sense, but until we have more details (and I agree, shouldn't this kind of announcement be on the ACTUAL site, and not Twitter or Facebook?), I don't know if I care enough.
    VR Boffs will probably be provided as well.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    I wonder how many folks will be in the same boat as me, which will be buying the pack solely for the ship with little regard to the other items or max boosted character?

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    I wonder how many folks will be in the same boat as me, which will be buying the pack solely for the ship with little regard to the other items or max boosted character?

If any of these 70 items are unique boffs, personal traits and costumes, the bundle would definitely get a lot more interesting. If it's just the ship with a bunch of very rare mk xiv gear, I don't think I'm going to buy it. The level 65 boost has no value to me. I'd rather level up a new toon in the "traditional way".
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    szim wrote: »

If any of these 70 items are unique boffs, personal traits and costumes, the bundle would definitely get a lot more interesting. If it's just the ship with a bunch of very rare mk xiv gear, I don't think I'm going to buy it. The level 65 boost has no value to me. I'd rather level up a new toon in the "traditional way".

Agreed, I was emailed a level 60 token years ago as part of Cryptic's "random gift for no particular reason" marketing program. I've created 4-6 characters since then and have never used it.

I enjoy starting over in a tier 1 ship with 2 weapon slots and 3 total boff powers (but only 1 boff) then working my way back up to endgame.

• alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Glad it's not another gamble prize type ship, and I hope the Malem or T'Varo skins can be used as I don't care for most TOS era ship designs.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Glad it's not another gamble prize type ship, and I hope the Malem or T'Varo skins can be used as I don't care for most TOS era ship designs.

Same.

Wouldn't it be nice if it was a pack containing a new T'Liss variant, the three c-store t'varo variants, and the temporal T'Liss? With updated consoles for the t'varos? And the ability to equip any subset of the 5 consoles on any of the 5 T'Liss/T'varo variants? That would definitely be worth the money!

But alas, I dream.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    WHEN is this coming out?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
This discussion has been closed.