test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Free Khitomer Alliance Uniform and Vanity Shield!

13»

Comments

• danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 496 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    My take on the AFS... no thank you. There is no 'Alliance government' to conduct oversight of such an agency and the AFS only serves to undermine the operations of Starfleet, the KDF, and the other existing services by diverting resources and manpower. Now it is plain to see that the eventual goal is for an Alliance government and the AFS to supersede those of the Federation, Klingons, etc. I oppose this restructuring. I find it to be too radical a departure from the established institutions we have come to recognize as integral with Star Trek. If the objective is to create a government based on mutual cooperation and defense, with all members subscribing to core principles of personal rights and liberties, then it already exists. It's called the Federation. I find the attempt to create a bigger Federation, just with a different name, not only redundant, but a slap in the face to the Federation that already exists.

And yet, with the Federation's tarnished history in allowing the population of Romulus, Remus, and other nearby systems to perish by terminating the rescue operations headed by Admiral Picard, that slap in the face has already been self-inflicted. And again, when the Federation failed to detect the Undine infiltration of the Gorn and went to war with the Klingon Empire rather than listen to what the Empire was saying. The Federation is not perfect, and it has had several major mistakes that have cast doubt on their dedication to their principles. True, they have worked hard to correct those errors since, but those still burn in the minds of those outside the Federation, and make them hesitant to believe in it.

With the Alliance, that history is not present. As the Klingons and the Romulans are equal partners, and the base of this new entity is the Jenolan Dyson Sphere in the Delta Quadrant, none of the past of any of the former enemies comes attached to it, though all carry that with them. Instead, what the Delta Alliance achieved and what it stands for can overcome the grudges and rivalries of the past. In that way, someday, once those who have been within the Alliance can learn to see what the Federation is supposed to stand for and decide if it has truly corrected the flaws within may choose to accept the Federation way and join it. A Klingon can be part of the Alliance and not have to face the stigma of 'surrendering to the Federation', while a Romulan can be accepted without facing the concerns of their fellows that they are abandoning the culture of their ancestors.

However, the Alliance does not replace the governments of the Beta Quadrant, nor are they yielding anything like a significant portion of their fleets. Each is still responsible for their areas of control within the galaxy. The Alliance is building on top of that, and offering a force of unaligned ships for dealing with issues that affect all of the governments, and to which each can accept within their borders without political reservations. Remember again, the Alliance is based mainly in the Delta Quadrant and the resources to build the Alliance are found there, not so much in the Beta Quadrant.

That is my take on the AFS.
  • nye#8522 nye Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    So any news on when the bundle will come to console?
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,702 Arc User
    nye#8522 wrote: »
    So any news on when the bundle will come to console?

I don't think none officially although it might be best to survey 3rd party social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, etc. since it seems Cryptic, Community Manager Kael, sometimes prefers those venues of communication versus the official forums. I don't think Cryptic has ever gone back on their word about releasing something on pc then console as planned & not done it though so I'm sure it will happen eventually. Who knows how much the COVID-19 scenario is holding them back currently. Hope you enjoy it when it happens though, I particularly was impressed with the uniform.
  • serbcelt#0991 serbcelt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Is there any chance to make this package available again, even if it is not free anymore?
  • oclosoclos Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Can you re-add that? And basically make it permanent? I wasn't around when you promo'd it. I already have the ship, so it would be nice to have the shield and I might make a new toon for the uniform since I have toons for all Fed era there is a uniform of available.
    Adm. Necheyev didn't own ANY Starfleet ships. Starfleet did. Also she didn't make one bolt, connect a single wire, gelpack or device, or otherwise helped on making them. I find it presumptuous she claimed it was HER ships. In fact saying as much would probably warranty a reprimand from any of her superiors in Federation and possibly not participating in said actions as other superior personnel do, would in our days(2409 onwards) result in herself facing the same fate as what she has threatened, in that same penal colony.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,223 Arc User
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 54,631 Community Moderator
    thread_necromancer_card_3.jpg
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.