test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

command line tailor access

renata666renata666 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
Does anyone remember what the command line for opening the tailor anywhere is? I remember it was published in a few months ago in a patch notes. But I don't recall which one.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    The command is - /GenSendMessage Tailor_Root Show
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • renata666renata666 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Thanks.
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    I thought they disabled that cheat a long time ago?
    Yes, the command still works. To the best of my knowledge, it’s always worked.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    How can it be considered a cheat because you can bring up the Tailor directly when a new Boff is added to your Roster?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    Interesting. I thought they'd called it a cheat a couple years back, and blocked access to it. Something changed obvs
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Never been denied access to any other Boff or Captain. I make sure that the Boff Screen that you got to welcome the Boff and call up the Tailor is not closed after I save and Purchase the changes to the new Officer. I just move on to other Boffs and finish up before I close that Screen.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Never been denied access to any other Boff or Captain. I make sure that the Boff Screen that you got to welcome the Boff and call up the Tailor is not closed after I save and Purchase the changes to the new Officer. I just move on to other Boffs and finish up before I close that Screen.

Same here. I've not been able to change anyone in my roster when I go to change a new BOFF.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    I believe it only denies you access if you acquire the officer while you're in a space map. If you're anywhere on ground, adding a new officer gives you unrestricted tailor access.

The command has never been labeled as a cheat nor has it been removed. If it was, it was before I started playing during Legacy of Romulus 7 years ago.
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    From what I've been told, it used to be that under certain specific circumstances, you could use that command line to mix and match pretty much *all* outfits from all categories, which has been patched out since.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Here is my experience: some of my old characters created years ago can edit BOTH boff and captain outfits using the command to open the tailor. However some of my newer characters can only edit boffs but NOT the captain using the command open. No idea why!

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • renata666renata666 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    They published the command line a few months ago, along with another one that I can't recall. I used one of those to "fix" a problem I was having with a KDF/Orion character.

Even though I'd changed her uniform from the "slave" girl look, that still showed on the opening screen if she was in space and not on a planet or starbase. I finally got it cleared so her proper uniform shows.
This discussion has been closed.