test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 Dyson Science Destroyer

speedforce73#7331 speedforce73 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
Are there any plans to upgrade the dyson ships to T6? I really like the looks of the ships and would like to see them upgraded to T6 especially the tactical dyson science destroyer.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    only in the vague they want to get every ship to t-6 sense. the romulan ones are basically the only ships left I really want enough to pay for.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I would love to see the Dyson ships get the full T6 intel-spec treatment. The Romulan Republic Dyson ships are the sexiest ships in the game, especially with the Reman vanity shield from the Romulan Rep. I get chills just thinking about those ships.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    I would love to see the Dyson ships get the full T6 intel-spec treatment. The Romulan Republic Dyson ships are the sexiest ships in the game, especially with the Reman vanity shield from the Romulan Rep. I get chills just thinking about those ships.

personally I would prefer pilot over intel, though anything besides temporal is good enough for me.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
    I wouldn't mind temporal because there is not C-Store Republic temporal science ship, and I tend to 'gravitate' toward science focused characters.

That being said, intel or pilot would be much more appropriate for the story context behind the Dyson ships; there is nothing temporal about Dyson storyline.
  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    Considering the Sphere was famous in Trek canon for Montgomery Scott, I’d say Miracle Worker could work as well.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind temporal because there is not C-Store Republic temporal science ship, and I tend to 'gravitate' toward science focused characters.

That being said, intel or pilot would be much more appropriate for the story context behind the Dyson ships; there is nothing temporal about Dyson storyline.

Meh...there are way to many Science ships that have Temporal including all of the Romulan Science options. Pilot would be fun and would be the most unique since there are plenty of Sci ships with Intel too.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    It looks good with the emperor shield:

PjAxFwZ.jpg
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • furyofthefugafuryofthefuga Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    please for the things good in the STO universe, allow the older ships to get the T6 upgrade before the dyson.
    there are plenty of older ships that deserve the upgrade well before certain content and other ships came out.
    sorry, but id like to see my cat box carrier and other "older" ships get this first.
    and also for the Nova that many also want.
    all ships should allow one seat of specialty choice. not a forced MW or Intel seat,etc...

Agreed with both of these.
    (and there are plenty of ships for every single possible specialty)

And if for some reason we don't want to fly that ship? For example, I fly the Vo'quv cause I like it and I like the BoP pets. BoP pets can only be used on a Vo'quv. But when they release a T6 version, I'd like to be able to pick which specialty gets applied to it (even if I can't pick to which seat) because what I'd like to use it for is apt to be different from what someone else would.

Otherwise, if the specialty they apply is one that I consider useless for my play style, then it's a complete waste on the ship.
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Meh...there are way to many Science ships that have Temporal including all of the Romulan Science options. Pilot would be fun and would be the most unique since there are plenty of Sci ships with Intel too.

There are no Romulan sci ships that have a commander Temp op station other than the mirror ship. The only Romulan ship in the C-store that has a commander temp op is a tac ship (I don't count Mudd's rip-off boutique).

What if they did something different with the dyson ships, something in line with their 'dynamic design' theme? What if dyson ships have two specialty stations, and those two stations were determined by your captain's primary and secondary specializations?

This is an interesting idea. Here is my spin on it:

Since the Dyson ships have two modes, tac mode and sci mode, there is the possibility to have two specializations. Make the commander tac station have pilot specialization, and make the commander sci station have MW specialization. That way while the ship is in tac mode, it is a pilot ship (with pilot maneuvers enabled) and while in sci mode, it is a MW ship with the MW mechanic enabled (I'm not sure how to handle the universal console slot). Since only one commander station is active at a time, I think this would work.
  • denial#6763 denial Member Posts: 29 Arc User

+1

I too love Romulan Dyson ships, trully the sexiest in game and i hope like many others to get a T6 version !!!!!

• revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    What if it switched between two different types when it switches forms? That would be nifty
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »

PjAxFwZ.jpg

That is a matter of opinion.

Personally i never liked the dyson ships (although the Romulan one was decent ) probably because of a certain unnamed mission.
    I do feel that since the dyson ships are relative late to the party other designs which have been waiting for an update should get priority. Ships like the Nova and Oberth.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    I built a full protonic polaron tac/sci hybrid Harpia a long time ago on a Rom Tac, UR Mk 14 (max rank back then), it cost a lot of dilithium, and in that game's iteration it could destroy a tholian recluse in CCA within a few seconds before going on rather punishing cooldown. I doubt the ship was even capable of solo elite patrols, probably not, way too squishy since everything went into trying to make the hybrid aspect somewhat function.

Haven't had a chance to tinker with it again, or the Mirror Crossfield which I see as many steps above the old Dysons, but they have got to do something about how bad and niche protonic weapon & exotic damage is (bonuses against Voth), which is disappointing considering the Dyson pack, correct me if I'm wrong, was among the last if not the last T5 released before T6 and how badly they aged.

That said, I'd still really like to see T6 Dysons, provided you can just remove the protonic junk weapon in Tac mode altogether, and end up with really cool looking flexible ships that can be fully science or fully tactical depending on their mode.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • furyofthefugafuryofthefuga Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    > @keepcalmchiveon said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > as far as using certain ships in missions...i dislike it as a whole, no matter the ship, cuz the layouts never work, all the powers are generally not in locations one would use, etc.

Yup, that’s my grip with being forced to use other ships in missions, too.
    I built a full protonic polaron tac/sci hybrid Harpia a long time ago on a Rom Tac, UR Mk 14 (max rank back then), it cost a lot of dilithium, and in that game's iteration it could destroy a tholian recluse in CCA within a few seconds before going on rather punishing cooldown. I doubt the ship was even capable of solo elite patrols, probably not, way too squishy since everything went into trying to make the hybrid aspect somewhat function.

Haven't had a chance to tinker with it again, or the Mirror Crossfield which I see as many steps above the old Dysons, but they have got to do something about how bad and niche protonic weapon & exotic damage is (bonuses against Voth), which is disappointing considering the Dyson pack, correct me if I'm wrong, was among the last if not the last T5 released before T6 and how badly they aged.

That said, I'd still really like to see T6 Dysons, provided you can just remove the protonic junk weapon in Tac mode altogether, and end up with really cool looking flexible ships that can be fully science or fully tactical depending on their mode.

I've done something similar for a sci/tac hybrid build focusing on protonic exotic damage (there isn't much out there). I fly it in sci mode and utilize the 4pc console set with the Dyson rep deflector set. It is a good sci ship, but not nearly as powerful as the more modern ships.

Still the best looking ship in the game!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    The Romulan and Klingon Dysons were the only good looking ones. Honestly the Fed one looks like an Intrepid knockoff, and not a good one at that. The Dysons actually got better when they gained access to faction hull materials. The Klingon one actually looks pretty smexy with the traditional Klingon Green rather than the default Dyson white. Same with the Romulan one and traditional Romulan green. Fed was still pretty meh even with Fed gunmetal gray.

I just don't know what exactly it is about the Fed Dyson I don't like. I just... don't like it.

Anyways... after the release of the Mirror Crossfield as a transforming Sci Destroyer... I can see T6 Dysons coming. The original T5s flopped because they were pretty buggy. But I think they fixed that, and with the T6 Mirror Crossfield, opened the door to T6 Dysons.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)

Had a notion of making proton damage scale with aux power and/or exotic damage bonuses, depending on the source. Of course, I also wished the dyson-rep torpedo and rift was proton damage and not kinetic -- which, for some reason, has 100% shield bypass, when kinetic torpedo damage gets reduced by 90% -- as well as the damage boost for the set bonuses being changed from torpedo to proton.

I think it would be interesting for the dyson-rep torpedo to do proton damage instead of kinetic and the set bonuses to switch to boosting proton damage, crit chance, and crit severity instead of photon torpedo. The rift formed from the dyson torp I think should stay the way it is because it is basically a mini grav well (which is kinetic damage).

The dyson rep store tac consoles should be changed to boost ALL proton damage, not just proton weapon damage. Or add a sci console option that boosts proton exotic damage.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,501 Arc User
    I wanted a T6 version of the Dyson ships from the first time I saw them. I am not too fond of the Klingon one but the Romulan one is one of the best looking T5s in the game and the Fed one looks a lot better than the Intrepid that almost certainly inspired it (in fact, the Dyson and the Warship Voyager are the only Intrepid-like ships I like the look of in the game).
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    gaevsman wrote: »

PjAxFwZ.jpg

That is a matter of opinion.

Personally i never liked the dyson ships (although the Romulan one was decent ) probably because of a certain unnamed mission.
    I do feel that since the dyson ships are relative late to the party other designs which have been waiting for an update should get priority. Ships like the Nova and Oberth.

Oh!, i totally agree with you.. never liked the federation one, but with that vanity shield, it kinda looks good...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    On some exotic/physical damage space abilities, they are listed as doing kinetic damage, which would ordinary mean regular torpedo damage that's resisted by shields, so can be quite tricky. The dyson rep sci consoles add exotic-protonic damage to exotic damage abilities, while the dyson rep tac consoles amplify the protonic proc of energy weapons.

On appearance, I like both the warbirds and raptors with either shield visuals, while I used to really dislike the fed designs but they sort of grew on me a bit including their big deflectors. If a T6 dyson megapack was made, would definitely buy it all. So far only own the 1 warbird, and the 3 warbirds on alt account.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • cenellcenell Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    I can hope quite a few ships get considered for upgrade, Dyson, Atrox, Obelisk, the Vulcan D'Kyr, Kar'fi(I don't particularly like the Fe'rang, despite being a powerhouse, its not nearly as maneuverable as the Kar'fi which I feel is well suited for a Tac Captain), Hegh'Ta (I would buy that over the M'Chia)
  • speedforce73#7331 speedforce73 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Right now they made all of the best top end ships, the ships from the past. I would love to fly a t6 dyson ship instead if bring forced to fly retro ships to stay competitive
This discussion has been closed.