test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulans Getting Legendary Ship

ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
Just up on Twitter

@trekonlinegame: If the Republic calls for heroes, will you answer?

Coming soon, Romulans get something Legendary of their own. A Legendary Starship, and an item never before seen in Star Trek Online, exclusive to Romulans. More details to come.
'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
Judge Dan Haywood
'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
l don't know.
l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
Lt. Philip J. Minns
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    ... a trophy room :P
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well, I'm not going to read anything into the use of the word 'Legendary' as it relates to a Zen Purchase as the Federation ones. Perhaps the early retirement of the Borg Lockbox into the Infinity is a sign of a new Picard Lockbox.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Hopefully it's a Legendary T'liss in the C-store. I'd guess with full pilot spec, to match warship Defiant.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I welcome any new Romulan content; ANY ROMULAN CONTENT AT ALL!!!

However, the last thing we need is another Romulan Tac ship with pilot seating. What we NEED is more science ships! Or a Romulan Carrier.

But any new Romulan content is much appreciated as long as I don't need to sell a kidney to buy it.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Might be worth saving up some Zen...
    Hopefully...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Exclusive to Romulans sounds like it won't be C-Store, so with the lack of supply and high demand probably 500M-1.2Bn EC+ for a character bound ship.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,102 Arc User
    So much for the "Year of the Klingon", eh ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I'm interested in seeing it, Year of Klingon or not. Doesn't mean a full stop to anything non Klingon related after all. Just means more of a focus on it.

And rather than fall into the "glass half empty" pessimism, I'll adopt my usual, more optimistic "wait and see" approach. While saving up Zen. If this is a full on Legendary ship... with luck it will be my first as I couldn't afford the Fed bundle.

Still wish they offered individual ships too... >.<
    I could have gotten a couple then...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Undoubtedly a T'Liss revamp to reflect the one seen in 'Picard'
    latest?cb=20200214000550&path-prefix=en

Yep! As seen in this tweet:

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    I wonder if it'll be a new pack, like the Akira pack. There's plenty of Romulan BoP variants in the game, maybe they're releasing the 2399 BoP as the headliner in a similar all-variants pack? I'm interested in the unique thing, whatever that is.
    chipg7 wrote: »
    I wonder if it'll be a new pack, like the Akira pack. There's plenty of Romulan BoP variants in the game, maybe they're releasing the 2399 BoP as the headliner in a similar all-variants pack? I'm interested in the unique thing, whatever that is.

I hope it isn't an expensive pack full of ships I already own and only one ship I don't.
  • revanmichaels#6727 revanmichaels Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    I have mixed feelings. I’m glad to hear more ships are coming, but the bargain I made when getting the 10 ship legacy bundle was no more STO purchases this year. Soooo, part of me says hope the ship sucks so I want feel bad about not getting it. But then I like STO and don’t want them turning off the servers anytime soon so we need them to sell a lot more ships. So the ship better not suck.
  • pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    chipg7 wrote: »

I hope it isn't an expensive pack full of ships I already own and only one ship I don't.

That's my issue with quite a few of the bundles. They become entirely uneconomical the moment you happen to already have even one of the items usually. It would be great if they could make use of the scaled pricing again.

im just gonna play the bad guy for a sec...

1. i hope its bundled with stuff people already have, i hope its 65k in zen.
    2. if single, i hope its 25k zen and only has a bridge. no corridors or other rooms.

Why?
  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    I’m looking forward to this. Anything that’s not Fed Faction Unique is a plus in my book
    I’m looking forward to this. Anything that’s not Fed Faction Unique is a plus in my book

Agreed
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    ChR Bloodwing.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

2. if single, i hope its 25k zen and only has a bridge. no corridors or other rooms.

Any reason? or you just being a TRIBBLE and hoping people can't get what they want? Cause that's what it sounds like.

Ridiculously stupid post.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Hope there's a Legendary D'deridex, you know the most famous ship of the romulans regardless of your preferredera. I won't be getting a revamped Tliss.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    D7
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    D7

Please no. I certainly hope not.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    im just gonna play the bad guy for a sec...

65k zen is $650. That makes you insane :p

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    D7

I hope not this Legendary Ship. However if/when they make the Legendary Klingon Pack I would be thrilled if one of the D7s released had the Raptor Wings Option for Romulan players.

• psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    Be weary of undefined starship silhouettes for Legendary ships. :P Not everyone appreciated that vagueness first time around. But a bundle? T'Liss and D7 variant? I might be interested.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    I welcome any new Romulan content; ANY ROMULAN CONTENT AT ALL!!!

However, the last thing we need is another Romulan Tac ship with pilot seating. What we NEED is more science ships! Or a Romulan Carrier.

But any new Romulan content is much appreciated as long as I don't need to sell a kidney to buy it.
    Well, this line of Romulan ships is science heavy so they can space magic pretty good.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • spacecatz#6038 spacecatz Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    A new ship from the latest show is already considered 'legendary' lmfao.
  • furyofthefugafuryofthefuga Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Any reason? or you just being a TRIBBLE and hoping people can't get what they want? Cause that's what it sounds like.
    >
    > Ridiculously stupid post.

Pretty sure that was meant as a joke/sarcastic.
This discussion has been closed.