test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dilithium Token

As everybody is aware there are restrictions to refining Dilithium to 8K per day. So DEVS want to sell something? How about a Token in Mudd's store that allows a player to refine 100K Dilithium Ore. *
  • Note this Token should be unbound and able to be traded on the exchange.
      This would allow for faster progression of characters and for faster progression of fleet projects. All the while Cryptic sells these to allow access to something something you already possess. While we are at it... Make Gold Pressed Latnium redeemable for refined Dilithium. It would entail a special mission to see Commissioner Brunt at the auditors office of the Ferengi Commerce Authority he could [not necessarily would] sell a license at the banking exchange [for a fee of course] that would grant the player access to bargain with The Grand Nagus on special deals like buying a ship from previous events and refined Dilithium Ore.

Comments

• sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    We can allow it, however the price will be 100,000 refined dilithium.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I assume this is a one shot Token consumed on use? Perhaps this would be more suited as 'refining' Unrefined into a Dilithium Fleet Voucher. We can get a 40k Fleet Voucher out of thin air with the Klingon Admiralty Campaign 10 of 10. This would 'consume' Unrefined and still restrict.

This is something Cryptic could do to ameliorate their 'miscalculation' on how many Fleets would think the egregious Dilithium costs for the Fleet Colony would be loved by all. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    If you need dil you can buy it on the dil exchange.

Permanently upping your daily refinement is bad for the economy.

Selling one-time refinement tokens might be OK if the price was very high, for example 50%-75% of the cost of buying the dil on the exchange. That would still cause dilflation though.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    200.gif
    As mentioned, this would totally wreck the economy, and we would be stuck at 500/1 INSTANTLY with this, and we will never see anything below that ever again.

Recent changes have actually helped to curb some of the inflation, allowing for lower exchange prices. We don't need a token to instantly erase that and basically ensure only the space rich or people farming 50 alts can benefit from the dilithium exchange.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Actually I say go for it: Make it cost 50,000 Zen. ;)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Have Mudd take care of it.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    as an alternative.... how about merging fleet & reputation dilithium vouchers and GPL?

That way we could use GPL for some things that people might currently want dilithium for, which would reduce the desire for increased refining...

Removing dil sinks also causes dilflation.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Absolutely terrible idea.

This would destroy the game for anyone that wasn't willing to dump a ton of cash into the game. The entire economy would be plunged into ruin.

NO!
    westmetals wrote: »
    as an alternative.... how about merging fleet & reputation dilithium vouchers and GPL?

That way we could use GPL for some things that people might currently want dilithium for, which would reduce the desire for increased refining...

That's actually not a bad idea.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    This would allow for faster progression of characters and for faster progression of fleet projects.

There's already a way to throw money at "make my character or fleet progress faster". It's called buying Zen and exchanging it for refined Dil. That's how Fleets with rich sponsors did it back in the day.

(heh. I still remember some of the panicky threads "OMG, the Dil exchange rate is dropping below ____! This will destroy the game's economy because whales will no longer be willing to blow wads of $ to exchange for Dil for their fleets!" )

edit: "And it should be tradeable on the exchange" - we also already have a way to turn Zen or Dil into EC - buying keys (or Promo packs) to sell on the exchange.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,713 Community Moderator
    This is covered under FCT and this will be closed by the time you read this. the problem is not the dilithium being in short supply, but the market being inflated due to oversupply and not enough demand.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.