test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BSON: Black Screen of Nothing

valkymmyr1valkymmyr1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
Hello all,
I am having some problems tonight logging into the game. I was able to log in earlier today, but tonight I am getting the Black Screen of Nothing. I can connect to ARC just fine, and the launch pad works fine as well. I can also connect to Tribble just fine. Is anyone else having the same problem?
Thank you.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Best Answer

• Options
    valkymmyr1valkymmyr1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    I found out the issue. Alienware updated their AWCC on 30 May, and mine was updated yesterday. I fully uninstalled AWCC and was able to get in fine. I reinstalled AWCC, and the same problem occurred. I have removed AWCC for now, and am able to fully access the game again.

Answers

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    The game is currently down for Maintenance, but should this happen post patch.. try this.

First, open your launcher and click the 'Force Verify' option under Options at the top. After this is done, go ahead and put in your user/pass and the game will verify that all your files are intact and repair any that need it. Once that is done, go ahead and try to log in.

If you still get the black screen, then try to play the game in Safe Mode. This option is also under the Options section of your launcher. Safe Mode will put the game in a 'safe' resolution and disable all visual options. If this is successful and the game launches, then reset your options one at a time starting with your resolution. After every change, re-launch the game and verify that it still works. If you enable a setting and go back to the black screen.. that's your culprit and you can get back in by doing safe mode again and bypassing that setting.

Hopefully, it's just a corrupted file that can be repaired and get you back in game. Good luck! :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    valkymmyr1 wrote: »
    I found out the issue. Alienware updated their AWCC on 30 May, and mine was updated yesterday. I fully uninstalled AWCC and was able to get in fine. I reinstalled AWCC, and the same problem occurred. I have removed AWCC for now, and am able to fully access the game again.

Glad you got it figured out.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    voyagerrulzvoyagerrulz Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Looks like this was the problem then for me too. I do remember AWCC doing a small update as i opened it up to check the sound settings on my wireless headset.
    But is the problem between Arc & AWCC because this time i downloaded the game through steam and i was once again able to start the game back up successfully.
This discussion has been closed.