test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Request: SpaceX suits

captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
Since Elon Musk is canon in Star Trek:Discovery, is it possible to get the space suits from SpaceX? After all it was quite the achievement?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I'm still partial to the classic 50s, Mercury, 'Men into Space' spacesuit.

https://youtu.be/XyP8eOT8K0A
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,463 Arc User
    Probably won't get them due to copyright issues.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Personally, I think they are ugly. But if people want it, I say why not.

Maybe we could also get some new EV suit TFOs.
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    I'm still partial to the classic 50s, Mercury, 'Men into Space' spacesuit.

https://youtu.be/XyP8eOT8K0A

~high 5~ Yes! That is what I was introduced to in childhood, so I'd love to see something like those. Though I suspect the TOS suit is as close as that gets.

As for the Elon Musk suits, aren't there something like it that you can get at ESD? They are hip as well.

Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Ah my bad.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    Sure, give our 25th-century spacefarers 20th- and 21st-century pressure suits. And while we're at it, let's have the new York Jets play a season wearing leather helmets and wooden shoulder pads! Equip the Navy with a fleet of 3-masted sailing ships! Let me fly a Sopwith Camel on a small-craft mission!

Not all things are appropriate to all eras, and as far as I know nobody in Starfleet or the KDF holds costume parties outside a holodeck.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    Sure, give our 25th-century spacefarers 20th- and 21st-century pressure suits. And while we're at it, let's have the new York Jets play a season wearing leather helmets and wooden shoulder pads! Equip the Navy with a fleet of 3-masted sailing ships! Let me fly a Sopwith Camel on a small-craft mission!

Not all things are appropriate to all eras, and as far as I know nobody in Starfleet or the KDF holds costume parties outside a holodeck.

We could make outfits that look like what a Neanderthal might have worn out of kevlar or something. Just like all those NX replicas or whatever excuse we use to fly ye olde starships around in game, we can have new suits that work like new suits but look like old ones.
  • captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »

We could make outfits that look like what a Neanderthal might have worn out of kevlar or something. Just like all those NX replicas or whatever excuse we use to fly ye olde starships around in game, we can have new suits that work like new suits but look like old ones.

Also the 500 year old tommy gun, a Lincoln axe and not to forget the Zefram cochrane rocket so....
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    I think the Discovery Rep EV suit might be closer to it than the Lifer suit.

Although I honestly wouldn't mind getting access to the Enterprise Era EV suits.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    And Cap and Desert Gear.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.