test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why do I have to input my password when I launch from Arc?

echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
Exactly what it says. Since last night I've been having to input my password in the launcher when I launch from Arc. Before that I didn't need to do that, it would just launch from the account that was signed into Arc, which is usually my main account.

Why has that started happening and is it happening to anyone else?
Now a LTS and loving it.
Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    horstpfickhorstpfick Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    It's happening to me too and I'm wondering the same thing.
  • Options
    And I'm having trouble connecting to the login server and even when I eventually get to my character list it still disconnects before getting me ingame.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    jhawranickjhawranick Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Same here. I can usually log on, but now I have to input my password every time.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,323 Arc User
    Experienced it myself. Sounds like a cookie problem.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    The launcher tells me 'Invalid username and/or password' every time I try to log on from Arc
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    echatty wrote: »
    The launcher tells me 'Invalid username and/or password' every time I try to log on from Arc

I log in through Steam, and it says that. But... I've always had to input my password anyways so it doesn't bother me. It probably has something to do with how they intended to link Steam and ARC accounts, and put that on hold. I don't know. I only use ARC for promo codes honestly. Well... that and Khan outfit if I make a new character.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    betsyphotog#1877 betsyphotog Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I'm having the exact same issue as you, echatty.
  • Options
    parish#5017 parish Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    Same for me for the past half hour(first attempts for the day). Login server down again. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Maybe this had something to do with it.

@trekonlinegame: We're aware that there's connectivity issues this morning. Should be resolved shortly.

I had no problem earlier this morning.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    I have been having the same problem since yesterday, the extra password stuff itself is extremely annoying, and the login issues add insult to injury. I hope they fix this bug soon.
  • Options
    I hope so too. Thankfully I got my stuff done early this morning before the server went down.

Thankfully it's back up now. I was able to get my Cardassian through Frozen, Coliseum and Cutting the cord. He'd been stuck on Frozen till they fixed the bugs, then I got to playing with another captain and just got back to the Cardie. I really dislike Cutting the Cord and Coliseum.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    Cutting the Cord... that's the one where you lay siege to that citadel and confront Hakeev right? I actually like that one.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    Hey!

I use the Arc client and after I log on with my password, its set to not remember. I can usually just start Star Trek Online without issues, but now Star Trek Online claims the password or username is wrong.. When I put in my information again, it logs in just fine. Just kinda tiresome that I have to punch in my password twice.
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Cutting the Cord... that's the one where you lay siege to that citadel and confront Hakeev right? I actually like that one.

`Yes that's the one. While I like giving Hakeev what he deserves, getting there sometimes was a pain. I've gotten better at it, but if it didn't have that line telling you which way to go if you get turned around, I'd be lost half the time. LOL.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    I know the feeling.
  • Options
    Oh, that issue seems to be fixed for me now. I went to launch the game awhile ago and it went normally.

If it was Cryptic, thank you. If it just fixed itself, whew!
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    @ambassadorkael#6946

Re: the PM that I sent you yesterday...
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    Peeps were talking to Kaiserin about this earlier today, seems to have been a bug in the Arc coding.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Sadly another BUG in ARC Software is they force a reinstall of STO or NW, rather than just let you install or reinstall, without starting a whole new download, cause if the game is fully installed it will delete then start the whole download process from the start.

A little SAD..
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    furyofthefugafuryofthefuga Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    I just use the STO launcher directly. I’ve never liked the concept of using a launcher to launch a launcher to then launch the game. :/
This discussion has been closed.