test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So...event all the time it is now

coldnapalmcoldnapalm Member Posts: 9,653 Arc User
So we just finished an event. We now have a 7 day event. Followed by another 21 day event. I know we joked about them running events all the time...but that wasn't suppose to be literal.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yeah, a Five Ring Circus. Well at least this one is short, but longer and more inclusive for a Normal Blue Moon Red Alert Weekend. People grind them normally, but here you end up with an Ultimate Upgrade to boot.

The next one is a set of former Weekend Events mushed together and stretched out to 21-days. The prize being the Kobayashi Freighter, packed with the amenities of the Amarie . Goodbye Tuffli Sales. i wonder if it will get a Console that steers you into Harm's Way

So what say you, the fourth Event for this Event Campaign - Breach or the return of the Mirror Incursion (with the wildly 'successful' and beloved touch ups introduced with First Contact Day for AFKers). :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    So we just finished an event. We now have a 7 day event. Followed by another 21 day event. I know we joked about them running events all the time...but that wasn't suppose to be literal.

Glad to see I was not the only one thinking this..
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2020
    I'm personally OK with this ideal, I mean I don't expect one all the time either; yet nice to encourage people participating a bit more.

I especially like the current event, as I only wished like Patrols, Red Alerts also had a separate TAB that would allow people to always queue into them, either for Accolades or other rewards!
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    It's true, but I don't see it as a problem since even if you want the shiny you only need to do 14 days of the 21-day events. This 5-day event is just for a single tech upgrade and doesn't count for the lobi/T6 campaign so it can be skipped entirely.

People who have the time get something to do, people short on time or who don't want the grind can do something else. Win-win.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    I love events. But having them one after the other. As soon as one finishes another starts is getting a bit too much now. As I said. As much as I love events. It is getting too much and becoming tedious. It may end up driving players away.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    I agree. Too many events without any breaks in between. :|

Only good part is that they got a bit more versatile with options as to what content to tend to. The rewards structure also got better imo with stop mechanisms for our account preventing us to do something stupid.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    boldlygoing007boldlygoing007 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Definitely starting to feel 'Event Fatigue'. A two week break minimum between the major events used to be nice, allowed you to reset and just 'play', without feeling the need to do something just to maintain the latest event progress, or replay it on X number of chars every day just because it's usually the most effective way to grind harder to find marks.

Doubling up on the weekend events hasn't helped (not to mention never quite knowing whether the calendar / announcement for one is correct), trying to juggle which one you need the most.

I pretty much left the game for 2 - 3 years because it was starting to feel more like work than entertainment, and now I get the feeling it's heading that way again.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I rather like the RA week myself as a toon I'm running right now needs some marks pretty badly. Rerunning Borg is the quickest way to pick them up, as well as working towards the shiny. He could use that upgrade too, and more like it, but one will do.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I agree. Too many events without any breaks in between. :|

Only good part is that they got a bit more versatile with options as to what content to tend to. The rewards structure also got better imo with stop mechanisms for our account preventing us to do something stupid.

Agreed, I do like that there are multiple ways of doing them now.. that's a big plus. I absolutely HATE the Phavo space map, but I quite enjoy the ground one, so it was nice being able to choose the one I like.

Event Fatigue is absolutely a real thing though, I am happy that Cryptic is trying to keep things lively by giving us something to do, but I have to agree with the OP.. a short break between events is most welcome.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »

Welcome to how STO has operated pretty much for the last 3 or so years.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    As others have said, we have the summer event upcoming. Not particularly looking forward to that as the ship didn't particuarly interest me and can almost guarantee that the new Lolwut items will be more baseball related dross.

God I hope not. :/
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    they should just formally announce a daily log in bonus, log in do 1 que/patrol you get credit.

if they offered 1 free account bound key each day per account... when used contents of box are all character bound. would folks log in each day?
  • Options
    And Summer stuff is way overpriced compared to the Winter stuff.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    ltminns wrote: »
    And Summer stuff is way overpriced compared to the Winter stuff.

You only mean the bikinis right? :p
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    It's true, but I don't see it as a problem since even if you want the shiny you only need to do 14 days of the 21-day events. This 5-day event is just for a single tech upgrade and doesn't count for the lobi/T6 campaign so it can be skipped entirely.

People who have the time get something to do, people short on time or who don't want the grind can do something else. Win-win.

If they had thrown in 50 Lobi, I would be happier with the rewards for this 5 day grind. :P
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    [STOforummember] Geez all these events really too fast together... STO doesn't release anything for a week [STOForum member] DOOOOOMMMMM!
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »

If they had thrown in 50 Lobi, I would be happier with the rewards for this 5 day grind. :P

Before I saw this comment, I didn't even realize there was more to the "event" than "all the Red Alerts are available! Have fun!"

Also, given that you can complete the event with 5 Borg RAs, it's not much of a "grind".
  • Options
    No actually, Kit Modules and Bridge Officer Manuals. The Manuals got more expensive the higher the Rank, Winter was all the same. The Summer Manuals were also one Rank lower than Winter, etc.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Winter is also cheaper because you get "free" ornaments from doff missions without needing to do anything.
  • Options
    All I did this year was run the race with one Character and had a bunch of my other Characters stand by the Little Fellow and run Doff Assignments. In fact a Character I logged in the other day made the shuffle from Q's Winter Wonderland to the Transporter at ESD with some goodies. :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.