test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Current Campaign

anarisaanarisa Member Posts: 54 Arc User
The current event campaign I feel needs some tweaking. I don't know about other people but I am sure that most of us have already gained the 1000 lobi or 200 lobi and T6 coupon reward. All the "wasted progress" is sickening. I want some sort of reward or carry over for all the effort I feel is wasted. I've completed this current event campaign since pretty much the beginning of the second event. The entire third and fourth events will equal out to a total waste and loss of Campaign progression for me and others. Perhaps start rewarding a smaller prize for those who have already completed the main reward campaign for the 1000 lobi or 200 lobi and T6 coupon.

Now I understand that the extra events and time allowed is for those who work and don't have as much time to play and that's wonderful. As for those like myself who are disabled and have nothing but time on our hands, watching all my extra effort go to waste is annoying to put things mildly.

Just a suggestion and semi-rant.
NF5ObqL.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    I think it's fine as-is. You get your reward including bonus dil from the 21-day event, you just don't get a double reward any longer.
  • furyofthefugafuryofthefuga Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    I do have to ask, how were you able to complete the campaign so quickly? I wasn't around for the first event, but have been able to play every day for the second event and only have 1100 points towards the campaign (I could've actually had 1150, but screwed up on the extra progress). At 2800 total, this puts me as still having to wait until the forth event to make the grand prize, assuming the third runs for 3 weeks like the second did.

(This is just a curiosity question!)
  • anarisaanarisa Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    I do have to ask, how were you able to complete the campaign so quickly? I wasn't around for the first event, but have been able to play every day for the second event and only have 1100 points towards the campaign (I could've actually had 1150, but screwed up on the extra progress). At 2800 total, this puts me as still having to wait until the forth event to make the grand prize, assuming the third runs for 3 weeks like the second did.

(This is just a curiosity question!)

I've purchased both of the buyouts from both events. That is why I'm already done and probably would have close to 4000 progress now if the meter kept going and didn't stop at 2800.
    NF5ObqL.jpg
    Ohhh... ok. For some reason I was thinking that even with a buyout or whatever you still wouldn't be able to make anymore progress than if you had played every day. Ok, I think I get it, now.

Thanks!
    Ok, so armed with better knowledge ( :P ), even if you've completed the campaign already, you're still getting bonus dilithium from the events and the event prizes for finishing those. I'm not sure I understand the concept of they "will equal out to a total waste and loss"? I mean, it sounds like the buyout is not only for those that can't play every day, but also for those that just want to be done with it sooner. So at this point, you can just not do it anymore if you feel as though what's left is not worth your time? You'll probably get a lot of people crying "foul" if you can just throw a bunch of money at it and get extra rewards that no one else can from simply playing other than more dilithium. (And yes, I would be one of them.)

Sorry. :/
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    I don't know about "most of us", but I did not bother with the buyouts - and will not bother in next part, even if I propably will miss 6 or 7 days of it.
    Unless I will miss so much of some event that I would get the gadget (well - this time it will be ship) then I do not see sense in buyot, and I would think, that most of players are the same actually.
  • anarisaanarisa Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    I'm talking about the grand prize total campaign needing smaller rewards after the completion. I'm not referring to the daily dilithium which is nice for those seperate smaller events inside the larger picture. I'm pointing this conversation at the loss of all the +50 progress towards grand prize total campaign.
    NF5ObqL.jpg
  • iamjmphiamjmph Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    yeah back when you could get 10 rtfo tokens and an ultimate upgrade for 1k zen i did it, but now? It's not worth it if you can log in at least 14 of the 21 days. The 700 ECP is nice, but all that will do it end the campaign quicker. You'll still have to play the events or spend zen for their rewards....
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    anarisa wrote: »
    The current event campaign I feel needs some tweaking. I don't know about other people but I am sure that most of us have already gained the 1000 lobi or 200 lobi and T6 coupon reward. All the "wasted progress" is sickening. I want some sort of reward or carry over for all the effort I feel is wasted. I've completed this current event campaign since pretty much the beginning of the second event. The entire third and fourth events will equal out to a total waste and loss of Campaign progression for me and others. Perhaps start rewarding a smaller prize for those who have already completed the main reward campaign for the 1000 lobi or 200 lobi and T6 coupon.

Now I understand that the extra events and time allowed is for those who work and don't have as much time to play and that's wonderful. As for those like myself who are disabled and have nothing but time on our hands, watching all my extra effort go to waste is annoying to put things mildly.

I have no sympathy for this suggestion/complaint whatsoever. I feel you are looking a gift horse in the mouth. When you say, "I am sure that most of us", this is, in my opinion, entirely without justification.

"Oliver, Oliver, never before has a boy asked for more!"

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I finished up on the last night of the second Event (last night). I did not buy out but used 7 Legacy Tokens per each Event and played every day.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2020
    I think it's fine as-is. You get your reward including bonus dil from the 21-day event, you just don't get a double reward any longer.

Yea, I think it's UNFAIR to expect more, if you've bought out 1-2 events. I think each person needs to decide based on their time and availability to complete it, verses how bad they want the reward offered in each. If your already finished, the final reward was extremely gracious offering, and the added DIL you receive each day is very rewarding or gracious as well. <3
    0zxlclk.png
  • feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    westmetals wrote: »

It's actually not possible to have finished yet unless you did at least one buyout. I've played it every day, no buyouts, and am at 2100/2800 progress.

So you're upset because you don't get a "bonus" reward after buying out the regular one?

with old leftover featured tfo tokens its super easy even without buyout. even tho buyout and old tfo tokens are technically the same ;)

and its calculated to do every event without buyout or old tokens with the full 14 day duration and i think thats defnitly fine ;)
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I'm talking about the grand prize total campaign needing smaller rewards after the completion. I'm not referring to the daily dilithium which is nice for those seperate smaller events inside the larger picture. I'm pointing this conversation at the loss of all the +50 progress towards grand prize total campaign.

Well, you bought that out, so there is no need to continue to get +50. You're upset that you can't continue to get +50 after buying it out? You can't get any more progress than 100%, so why would you want to continue to get coupon progress?

This puzzles me.

And I disagree with 'most' already having completed it. I run it on five different accts myself (I have two and do it for three family members who don't have time and have authorized me to do this for them for years now) I generally just run the 14 days and take a break while the rest of the event runs out as dilithium is stupid easy to get.

Anyway, I'd venture to say that 'most' of us are still running our coupon progress up.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    sorry but paying for progress does not count.

I have the max possible without losing sleep of 2200. Will be done early in the 3rd event with a whole extra event looming. But no tears.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

This discussion has been closed.