test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upgrade Bug Perhaps? Jem'Hadar Polaron Full Auto Rifle

marveriusmarverius Member Posts: 27 Arc User
I got my Jem'Hadar Polaron Full Auto Rifle up to level XV. It was odd that it did upgrade in quality along the way, but I know there is just a chance for that to happen. What I also thought was once you hit max level, doing a full upgrade again will upgrade its quality. I did it twice, and it did not upgrade in quality. I do not recall any other item failing to do so. Is this item bugged or did I miss something?

Answers

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    When at XV each complete upgrade only provides the chance at a Quality Upgrade based upon the Quality improvement % shown in the lower line in the Upgrade UI. You could get lucky at 2% or you may need multiple passes to get your % in the 30s or 40s. Even that is not a given. It can be very costly to get the Quality Upgrade, especially to Epic.

Another thing, if you are at XV and Rare or Very Rare, you will need to go through this same thing at each Quality Upgrade. So if you got to Very Rare from Rare with a 35% chance. Now at Very Rare the Quality % is reset to 0 and you must apply Upgrades all over again.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns