test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't transwarp to Bajor

crossmrcrossmr Member Posts: 86 Arc User
Something seems wrong with this. In the last couple weeks I've had issues transwarping there. Every time I select it, it takes me to Defera instead. I've made sure that I'm clicking on Bajor, hit transwarp and bam, I'm at defera. Today it just wouldn't do anything. I hit bajor, transwarp, window closes, nothing happens. Did it 5 times. it wouldn't transwarp. So I selected Defera and instantly TW. Anyone else having issues with this?

Comments

• grimoaldus1701grimoaldus1701 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    Yes, I have been for months now.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    That's because Bajor is not a valid Transwarp destination for free. You need to spend a Transwarp Coil to get there.

Free Transwarps can also be gained by Missions.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • crossmrcrossmr Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    That's because Bajor is not a valid Transwarp destination for free. You need to spend a Transwarp Coil to get there.

Free Transwarps can also be gained by Missions.

According to the wiki Bajor is unlocked by Conduit IV and Defera by Conduit V

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Transwarp

It shows no difference between TWing to defera or Bajor.

That also doesn't explain why when I chose Bajor it sent me to defera for the last two weeks. If it was simply not working because it wasn't free, nothing would happen.
    edited May 2020
    It had sent me to Defera instead of Bajor a few years ago when I didn't realize about the Coils. Then it would sometimes do nothing. I am talking about using my Transwarp Dropdown and selecting Alpha Quadrant - Bajor.

Are you Transwarping from your Transwarp Dropdown and selecting Alpha Quadrant - Bajor or are you using the Fleet Transwarp Gateway at your Starbase? Those Conduit unlocks only work from that Gateway as far as I know.

Frankly, what I do since they provided free Transwarps with no Cooldown for most Missions, is I keep 'Second Wave' in my Mission Log and that takes me right outside of DS9. 'Of Bajor' may take you directly to Bajor.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • crossmrcrossmr Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    It had sent me to Defera instead of Bajor a few years ago when I didn't realize about the Coils. Then it would sometimes do nothing. I am talking about using my Transwarp Dropdown and selecting Alpha Quadrant - Bajor.

That's what I'm talking about. For the last couple weeks it's been sending me to defera instead of Bajor, and then yesterday it just did nothing. No error, nothing.

As for queuing a mission, meh, that's a workaround, this a forum for reporting bugs and there is something broken with that.

• tek#2957 tek Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    How do you know if a transwarp coil is needed to select certain destinations?
  • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    tek#2957 wrote: »
    How do you know if a transwarp coil is needed to select certain destinations?

If the icon looks like a transwarp coil, then it requires one.

5qxkxsywu2fy.png
    1xe027q.png
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    As previously mentioned, these 2 destinations are added by Fleet upgrades, and like the other destinations added by fleet upgrades, they should not be required to have TW-Coils to be used.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    As previously mentioned, these 2 destinations are added by Fleet upgrades, and like the other destinations added by fleet upgrades, they should not be required to have TW-Coils to be used.

Yes, but not to your personal transwarp list. For the fleet unlock, that you have to transwarp to your fleet starbase space map and use the transwarp conduit there.
    1xe027q.png
    Which is what I said back at the beginning of the month.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    Yes, but not to your personal transwarp list. For the fleet unlock, that you have to transwarp to your fleet starbase space map and use the transwarp conduit there.
    Then Risa, Vulcan, Mempa sector, etc. transwarps should also be removed since they come from Fleet Upgrades, or be required to have Transwarp Coils.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/