test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where Do I Get the Scalable T6 Fleet Ships?

millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
edited May 2020 in The Academy
I purchased the T6 Zen-Store version of a ship (Pathfinder, Sutherland, etc.), and have acquired a bunch of Fleet Marks, in a "maxed out" Fleet, and purchased a Fleet Ship Console. I'm looking to get the Fleet Intrepid or Fleet Magellan, which the STO Wiki says are scalable from Lieutenant onward. However, when I go to the Ship Vendor on Earth Space Dock, it only has the generic non-named versions available that requires an Admiral Rank. Where am I supposed to go to get the T6 Fleet ships that are able to be used from early levels and scale with the character? I'm a PS4 player, if that makes any difference.

Comments

• millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    I'm a PC player so if any of this doesn't make sense, that may be why, but...

If you are using the shipyard filters for your rank, ships that are available may not be visible, because the shipyard filters only show ships that have that rank as their minimum. (On PC there is a pulldown JUST for T6 Fleet ships.)

The fleet ships SHOULD be pretty close to their non-Fleet counterpart, if you have the rank filter set such that they are visible.

Also, there is one qualification you didn't mention: your fleet must have "Buy from Provisioned Fleet Stores" set to ON for players at your current fleet rank. This is a customizable setting and will be visible in your fleet's settings screen.
    Thank you for the information. I don't have a pulldown like that in the vendor menu, but I did check the Fleet Ranking tab, and my rank doesn't have the "Buy from Provisioned Fleet Stores" turned on. I'll try and see if my Fleet's leader will allow me a temporary promotion, so I can buy the ship. Hopefully having that switched on will solve my problem. Again, thanks for taking the time to reply to my question.
    So yeah, the Fleet I'm in wants me to get to Level 65 before having access to buy from the fleet provisions, which defeats the purpose of a scaling ship (the people in the Armada chat didn't even believe there were scaling fleet ships).

I was told that ship provisions have a cost to them, so I'd have to earn my keep if I want to get one. I understand that concept, and probably so people don't just grab some kind of fleet benefit and then bounce without contributing much. Like what's the cost to the fleet in order to add a fleet ship provision to its stores? I'd be totally willing to pay for it if I can afford it.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Is there a reason why you must use the fleet version? You can still use the regular C-Store version until you hit level 65 and then upgrade to the Fleet Version. At lower level there is no difference between the two ships anyway since many differences like the extra console slot aren't even unlocked until you're higher level. If you're sub level 50 then the C-Store and Fleet Version should be functionally identical. In fact, leveling up using the C-Store version gives you the chance to unlock the ship trait which you can't get from the Fleet Version.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Are you aware the Fleet version of the ship you want does not come with either the special Console or the Starship Mastery Trait? For both of those you must purchase the T6 version of whatever ship you're trying to get. Which is perfectly fine to use for nearly all of the game's content. The only real benefits to FT6 ships are the extra console slot and the 10% additional HP. Which are nice but not 'must haves'.

One more thing: Sometimes the Fleet version of a ship can have different BOff seating arrangements. These differences are usually very slight. But they are there.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
    edited May 2020
    I have the C/Z-Store version already, and have it Leveled to 5, so I have the trait unlocked. I just want the extra bonuses to help make things easier. I made it to Level 50, and have all the normal requirements. Just that the Fleet I'm in requires I be 65 to be able to buy from the repositories. I'll just have to wait it out and get there. They've been helpful in most everything else.