test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will we ever get a plasma omni episode reward?

nukeblast#9932 nukeblast Member Posts: 5 Arc User
So we had all the other energy types for a while now, was wondering if we will ever get a plasma omni episode reward, so we can run 2 omni's on our plasma builds as well. Would be nice to have the complete set. What do you think?
Cheers!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    There's one in the Lobi store, so don't expect a mission reward one any time soon.
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    No...they hate plasma. Just like they hate Romulans, Dominion and the T6 Nova.

Well technically they can't hate the T6 Nova, it doesn't exist. ;)
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Would be nice to also have a plasma energy torpedo from a mission and not at overpriced character bound lobi cost, but I guess only Feds, KDF, and antiproton get that privilege.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,496 Arc User
    That would be nice.

Devs, please also treat omnis like turrets and remove the limits of 1 each of (crafted OR lock box) and (lobi OR non-existent episode reward) while you're at it. Thanks!
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    They should just add a romula plasma omni array to the romulan rep already
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,496 Arc User
    They should just add a romula plasma omni array to the romulan rep already

Agreed!
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    Although I think we're more likely to see a entirely new romulan themed rep in 6 months to a year with Picard. maybe a Quwat Molit rep?
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    Would be nice to also have a plasma energy torpedo from a mission and not at overpriced character bound lobi cost, but I guess only Feds, KDF, and antiproton get that privilege.

Polaron too, nice purple torps
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    I miss when the T'varo's console torpedo did plasma damage instead of kenetic. Those were the daaaaaysss...
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User

There's the not so overpriced plasma torp from the romulan rep.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    But it does Kinetic damage with Plasma DoTs.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    The hyperplasma is also like those HY volley fired torps the Romulan NPCs use... very slow. There are ways to make that work, but they require additional stuff.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    If they do a Picard related mission, it would be the perfect oportunity to introduce a Plasma set with an omni as a reward, as the series is totally connected with the Romulans, (Or even Borg) "it makes sense", as it was stated in a Ten Forward stream once :wink:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    gaevsman wrote: »
    If they do a Picard related mission, it would be the perfect oportunity to introduce a Plasma set with an omni as a reward, as the series is totally connected with the Romulans, (Or even Borg) "it makes sense", as it was stated in a Ten Forward stream once :wink:

Yea it would be nice to see a Omni Plasma similar to the one from Beyond the Nexus with Geordi, Klingons also had a Martok one released around the same time. For now my Romulan's mostly use the Altamid Turret in its place...
    0zxlclk.png
  • dragonturtletimmydragonturtletimmy Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    The 6 main energy types mission reward omni for reference:

Phaser: Beyond the Nexus

Disruptor: Brushfire

Plasma: No mission offers an Omni

Polaron: Time and Tide

Antiproton: A Sphere of Influence

Tetryon: Butterfly

Hoping a feature mission will offer a plasma omni as a mission reward choice.
    Phaser Beyond the Nexus

Disruptor Brushfire

Plasma

Polaron Time and Time

Antiproton A Sphere of Influence

Tetryon Butterfly

Every other main energy type has a mission reward omni available....
    Phaser Beyond the Nexus

Disruptor Brushfire

Plasma

Polaron Time and Time

Antiproton A Sphere of Influence

Tetryon Butterfly

Every other main energy type has a mission reward omni available....
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,826 Arc User
    tasshena wrote: »
    There's one in the Lobi store, so don't expect a mission reward one any time soon.

does the lobi work with the crafted? I thought they fell into the same category
    Spock.jpg

tasshena wrote: »

does the lobi work with the crafted? I thought they fell into the same category

Yes, i have them both in one of my ships
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Every time you guys create a thread about this, the devs push back the mission reward plasma omni by one story arc.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    And I thought it was a kitten died instead. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    And I thought it was a kitten died instead. ;)

With plasma DoT? :lol:
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User

Yep. Yep.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
    edited May 2020

FED and KDF players have the same restriction on the altamid plasma energy torpedo that Romulans do. This isn't a thing that Romulans face exclusively.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User

FED and KDF players have the same restriction on the altamid plasma energy torpedo that Romulans do. This isn't a thing that Romulans face exclusively.

Maybe you misunderstood his comment. The only plas torp in game is lobi unlike others flavors such as AP. Getting a plas torp from a mission would seem like a no brainer for some Romulan missions but nothing.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
    There is no Plasma Energy Torpedo in the Lobi Store. They are all Kinetic but may apply Plasma Dots or Crit Plasma Energy weapons.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited May 2020
    aspartan1 wrote: »

Maybe you misunderstood his comment. The only plas torp in game is lobi unlike others flavors such as AP. Getting a plas torp from a mission would seem like a no brainer for some Romulan missions but nothing.

That is not the only plasma torpedo in the game. FED and KDF have the same access to plasma torpedoes. Why bring them up? It's not like they get some special plasma torpedo from a missions that Roms don't. AP torps also don't come from story missions. It's a phoenix pack reward.
This discussion has been closed.