test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to Stop Your Ship from Stopping While DOff'ing?

tudenomtudenom Member Posts: 75 Arc User
Hey Captains

Is there a way to stop your ship from halting when you are talking to your department heads through the Duty Officer system?

It's kind of a time waste, I mean Picard never ordered help to "full stop" every time he needed to talk to his officers in his ready room. Why should we?

I remember seeing a post bout it from a few years ago, but can't find it.

Thanks!

Comments

• smr12smr12 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    yes there is in game options, probably under advanced tab. I'll post a screenshot when I get home. unless someone else does it before I can.
    Until Cryptic fixes the bugs and the huge lag problem, i refuse to give them a single cent. A company that charges hundreds of dollars but can't even give a stable bugfree game (or at least doesn't have bugs that are years and years old), doesn't deserve my money.
    Also when coming back after 2 years not playing STO, spending $30 and getting hit immediately with a 7 day account probation.
    This shows very little respect from cryptic towards their playerbase and, this is another reason to not spend any single cent on this game.
  • edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    To expand on the previous post slightly, in sector space the department head doff job lists are sector specific. When you go to a new sector they'll be different. The doff screen apparently isn't setup to change the mission list while you're looking at it, thus the game stops your ship when you bring up a department head mission list. The localized nature of doff missions is also why the old doffcalls channel was made. (Not sure if I spelled the channel name right.) People used to announce certain highly sought missions on it when they encountered them, so that other players could do them.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Essentially there's a gameplay element that could get highly annoying if we didn't stop, we have to remember that in the end STO is a game not a 100% accurate simulation of what it would be to be Starfleet captain, I mean you never hear people complaining that they should run out of torps or fuel.

So it's a compromise to make the gameplay more enjoyble (like the fact that you can cross the federation space in under an hour at Warp 5 instead of it taking several days or possibly even weeks).
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Well actually its only because talking to your department heads counts as talking to an NPC. If you DOFF while talking to an NPC say like a security officer, you note you can do personal and current map doffing without closing it, but as soon as you open up a department head, the security officer dialogue closes.

While its true that crossing sector boundaries can mess with some missions that is only true of missions locked to certain sectors. Most department head options aren't, and if you are looking for the ones that are you can still manually stop it.

All you have to do is toggle the option to stop moving when talking to an NPC to fix it. It is somewhere in the options, which tab I don't remember.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    tudenom wrote: »
    Is there a way to stop your ship from halting when you are talking to your department heads through the Duty Officer system?
    Keep your ship from stopping when talking to any NPC - ESC -> OPTIONS -> CONTROLS -> setting outlined in red below should be set to on (default is off).

zDdXooQ.jpg
    Until Cryptic fixes the bugs and the huge lag problem, i refuse to give them a single cent. A company that charges hundreds of dollars but can't even give a stable bugfree game (or at least doesn't have bugs that are years and years old), doesn't deserve my money.
    Also when coming back after 2 years not playing STO, spending $30 and getting hit immediately with a 7 day account probation.
    This shows very little respect from cryptic towards their playerbase and, this is another reason to not spend any single cent on this game.