test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet stores not displaying properly

info in fleet stores is wierd/showing wrong. I don't know which to believe, the object or the description?

Comments

• Options
    captainrdallascaptainrdallas Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    also, normal stores can't sell, and mail can't send
  • Options
    proteus#8097 proteus Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    Yeah, the in-game vendors haven't been working properly for a while. (on Xbox)

When I want to sell off my random drop junk the sell tab often just doesn't open.

Noticed this mostly at Klingon Academy vendors but has happened elsewhere too.

Even more annoying than that, when highlighting items to buy, the item details on the right shows the info for the previously highlighted item, not the current one. Making it very easy to buy the wrong thing by mistake.

This bug appears to be universal to every in-game vendor at the moment.

Haven't had any problems with the mail system as yet.
  • Options
    mutantcamel#2832 mutantcamel Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    For a lot of that stuff (the junk to be sold), I normally just use the "Discard" option directly from the inventory. It might not get quite as much as you would from a store vendor, but it works pretty reliably and it's fast - no beaming down anywhere and running around trying to find the store.

The "Salvage" patterns are what I don't get. Sometimes the Salvage option is available for things that can be broken down into their component parts, and other times the option isn't there. Not grayed out, just gone. I have yet to figure out what conditions need to occur to have that option regularly appear. Quite frustrating, especially when an Endeavor requires salvage, I have a metric ton of junk to earn points on, and the option conveniently disappears. :#
  • Options
    proteus#8097 proteus Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    For a lot of that stuff (the junk to be sold), I normally just use the "Discard" option directly from the inventory. It might not get quite as much as you would from a store vendor, but it works pretty reliably and it's fast - no beaming down anywhere and running around trying to find the store.

The "Salvage" patterns are what I don't get. Sometimes the Salvage option is available for things that can be broken down into their component parts, and other times the option isn't there. Not grayed out, just gone. I have yet to figure out what conditions need to occur to have that option regularly appear. Quite frustrating, especially when an Endeavor requires salvage, I have a metric ton of junk to earn points on, and the option conveniently disappears. :#

The routine I have is salvage any junk I can valued at less than 10,000 energy credits, or discard it if the salvage option isn't there. Anything worth over 10,000 I aim to sell at a vendor for the 50% return. I base all my characters at Starfleet/KDF Academy, so it's not hard to find a vendor close by. Usually I go to the 602 Club bartender (Fed) or the stall run by the Klingon woman. (KDF)

As far as I can see most, if not all 'bound to character' items (i.e. mission rewards/rep/fleet items etc) are unable to be salvaged for materials. They can only be sold or discarded. The salvageable stuff is the 'unbound/bound to account on equip' random drop items, although I've seen the odd kit module that I couldn't break down. For a 'Salvage X amount' endeavour I just go and do a few Romulan patrols and pick up all the junk to salvage afterwards, if I don't already have enough.

Make sure also you haven't inadvertently selected the 'toggle protected status' on an item as that removes the discard and salvage options from the menu.

• Options
    mutantcamel#2832 mutantcamel Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Ah, yes, I completely overlooked the "Bound to Character" exception, thank you!

That was frustrating to me when I started getting some better-than-average items from the Reputation completions and couldn't flip them on the Exchange. Makes sense they would limit salvaging on them as well. Thanks again - very good suggestions there! :)