test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC]Galactic Red Alert!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
The entire galaxy is going to Red Alert next week, and you can earn an Ultimate Tech Upgrade and a Specialization Point!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11442493

Comments

• foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    "Ultimate Tech Upgrade" isn't that a step-up from the normal upgrade reward? It is only one but the best one if I'm thinking of it correctly. Nicely done too Cryptic involving all of the Red Alerts.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    ec9005ad45687a8a32a73cadcf6c71851590099121.jpg
    Really nice image with all 4 factions plus the alliance in the center.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    Crikey! How long has it been since we last saw the Na'kuhl Red Alert?
    I don't recall seeing them since they were first added to the game, then 'removed' when the Na'juhl storyline was finished.
    However, I may be wrong...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    OMG all red alerts.

We're sat at home, confined, furloughed, isolated - being lazy. But the dark corners of the galaxy have noticed and they're coming to give us a good tribbling for it!!
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited May 2020

Yeah, they do put out some pretty artwork.
    Lots of RAs, good. I can do one a day and rotate through them and not get horribly bored of just having to do 1 like the last event I just finished.
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    edited May 2020

Speaking of which can we get a version that is in 1920 x 1080 if possible please :)

That art would look awersome as a desktop background.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    > @duasyn said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Yeah, they do put out some pretty artwork.
    > Lots of RAs, good. I can do one a day and rotate through them and not get horribly bored of just having to do 1 like the last event I just finished.

The last event had two choices. Besides what's not to like about instant killing mob after mob on peril over pahvo?
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    redwren89 wrote: »
    > @duasyn said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Yeah, they do put out some pretty artwork.
    > Lots of RAs, good. I can do one a day and rotate through them and not get horribly bored of just having to do 1 like the last event I just finished.

The last event had two choices. Besides what's not to like about instant killing mob after mob on peril over pahvo?

Two choices?! I saw Space option and something unacceptable. ;)
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    I normally don't do ground missions, but I found this one faster than the space one.
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    I did ground multiple times to break the monotony, but I have alts set up to be decent on the ground, so... *shrug*

I absolutely agree about the art, if we could get 1920x1080 (and 3840x2160, some of us are on 4k :) ) it'd be wonderful. ^_^

I do disagree with one thing on the announcement though. Players need to learn that it isn't all about just pew pewing, granting that attitude in events is counterproductive when they think it in queues later. As such: I'd honestly recommend a Tzenkethi Alert by itself in the future without the fail condition remove, rather than a promise to remove fail condition for events. Teach them to do more than blindly fire at whatever moves.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    The entire galaxy is going to Red Alert next week, and you can earn an Ultimate Tech Upgrade and a Specialization Point!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11442493
    Heads up, folks - this event is currently running NOW on consoles, but has only around 2 days left.
    Shame there was no official announcement of it going live on those platforms...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/