test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Khitomer in stasis removed from randoms

fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
There's no evidence that it is being done for the same reason, but after Infected ground, Khitomer ground is also being removed from the random TFO system.
[4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    Great job Cryptic, adding a system that is supposed to increase the playability of missions, only to arbitrarily remove some missions.

Are we not supposed to play this, is there a technical error or what?

Can anyone 'over there' at least give some additional information as to why these decisions are made - decisions that arguably have quite some impact on the parts of the playerbase that enjoy these missions - or don't your players even deserve such a basic explanation anymore?
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I've done KGA twice in the past week thanks to the randomizer. There were zero issues with it aside from people quitting at the start because they don't want to do KGA. Both finished fine, and with all optionals. So I have no clue why they would remove it.

It was bugged some months ago with invisible walls, but that was fixed.
  • Options
    husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    We all know the proper fix for this... however it would involve admitting error.

Random Space Que
    Random Ground Que

I have no issue with all the non borg ground missions. However it would be really nice to be choose which game mode I want to random.

The problem of 8 or 9 people being annoyed with the borg ground as 3-4 transport out before it begins... and the 5 that stay often having to carry 2 or 3 people that have either never played the map, or clearly don't want to be there. Is a very real problem. However just removing the maps from rotation is a lame fix. Its time to add a ground/space selector.

The arguments against boil down to... the game has 2 modes... and but ground will never pop. Both are silly.... game has 2 modes but you can never really optimize for both at the same time due to the system setup, and some of those ground maps are just far smoother if your setup 100% for ground. Also I think if people could go full in and spec full ground Temp/Commando instead of being forced to go into ground maps with their space spec setup.... it may be surprising how many people swap to a ground setup and que the ground mode. The ground randoms may even pop quicker... and when they do pop people will be far more likely to find a team of willing participants prepared to do the content and have a little fun. (as apposed to the current Ahhhh lets get this over with attitudes)
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    I forget if it's this particular one or not, but I am aware that there are certain of the Borg Ground TFOs which can become unplayable if you have players AFK but still on the map (due to trigger waypoints, or due to puzzle consoles that require multiple players to activate). Perhaps there was a spike in complaints regarding that happening?

Khitomer needs 1 active player with a clue, no more, provided the others can at least shoot the right thingy when the 1 player presses the buttons. The only problem is if those others refuse to blow up the thingy or don't have the DPS to do it (one engineer with sabotage can fix that.)
  • Options
    grancommesgrancommes Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    I would much rather they allow people to block one random mission per day, rather than continue to remove missions.

If I'm sick of swarm, I wouldn't mind blocking it - but I wouldn't want it removed from randoms.
  • Options
    As I said... I forget if it's Khitomer or not. One of the Borg TFOs has a trigger waypoint which all players have to reach to disable a forcefield, which will prevent progress if someone AFKs at the start point but does not leave the map. And there's another one (maybe the same one?) that has puzzles requiring three simultaneous console activations, so if you have three AFKers those puzzles can't be done.

In both cases, someone who is still on the map but refusing to participate can break the TFO.

I've been in both situations and had to eat leaver penalties.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Into_the_Hive
    is one that won't let you proceed if someone afk's at the entrance.

The other mission you're thinking of is an iconian ground mission in quo'nos, and its fun in my opinion. And I bet two people is all it takes. The person triggering the first console usually has time to get to a second console and deactivate it.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Brotherhood_of_the_Sword
  • Options
    thriftsterthriftster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Flaming/trolling redacted. -- WingedHussar
    Post edited by wingedhussar#7584 on
  • Options
    No, it was very definitely one of the Borg ones, that I was mentioning with the three console thing, not BOTS. BOTS has something very similar but not exactly the same and, as you said, it's timed so one player can do two of them. The Borg one I'm thinking of, you can't do that way; the system resets so fast that one player can't do two.

Hmm, maybe I'm just not remembering it.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    If they did give us an ability to block a specific TFO, I'd be blocking Defense of Starbase one, or Swarm, which I seem to get constantly. In 6 missions today over different characters, those two are the only ones I've gotten. I wouldn't want them removed from random, but I am sick of those two.

I'd take any ground mission over those two.
    Heck, I'd take gateway to grethor over those two and people play that mission so stupidly most times.
    Post edited by grancommes on
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    No, it was very definitely one of the Borg ones, that I was mentioning with the three console thing, not BOTS. BOTS has something very similar but not exactly the same and, as you said, it's timed so one player can do two of them. The Borg one I'm thinking of, you can't do that way; the system resets so fast that one player can't do two.

Nevermind, that was the one they removed from random a while ago. Manus? Something like that.
    It was at the end of the mission.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Infected:_Manus
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Shame this is actually quite an easy TFO and nice one to run.

Now if only we could get them to remove Battle of Procyon V. I flat out refuse to play that rage inducing pile of garbage. 30min-1hr-12hr-24hr tfo ban is worth every second not having to be in that map
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    any que that requires teamwork should be removed from random. if I recall... this que required someone to teleport down to a console to trigger shield gens being dropped... so you trigger a shield and folks need to make way to that location to destroy a terminal... lol re do the map... put console in center and shield locations in each corner or chamber in each compass direction (no tp required and make it so the shield stays down for a good while so 1 can solo it if needed)... once done go to next map/room for boss.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

Now if only we could get them to remove Battle of Procyon V. I flat out refuse to play that rage inducing pile of garbage. 30min-1hr-12hr-24hr tfo ban is worth every second not having to be in that map
    I agree that it shouldn't have been removed.

I disagree about procyon v.
    Its true that a lot of players ignore the objectives, which does make it more time consuming - but 2 players can run through it quickly if one is good at getting aggro and the other focuses on closing portals.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    I didn't want to see it removed. But given we had a revamped Hive ground as an RTFO not too long ago I'm optimistic we could see this one revamped as well.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    grancommes wrote: »

I agree that it shouldn't have been removed.

I disagree about procyon v.
    Its true that a lot of players ignore the objectives, which does make it more time consuming - but 2 players can run through it quickly if one is good at getting aggro and the other focuses on closing portals.
    Yeah Procyon's not hard if you play the objectives. Unlike Khitomer ground Procyon actually has clearly marked objectives.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    the old borg queues all where way to hard for most people.. i mean interacting propperly as a team by using stuff at the same time or disabling something that the others could do damage against the target.. yep clearly to difficult ;)

i mean you cant afk this queue.. so thats defnitly a flaw in the design of the queue. only a queue you could propperly afk and get the reward is a good queue and fit the new standards ;)
This discussion has been closed.