test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mudd is Spoiling you for Choice!

1235»

Comments

• redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    > @szim said:
    > I don't know... comparing this to the legendary ship pack - 10 starships, a load of consoles, traits and ship costumes, 10 ship slots - all that for a discounted price of 19'500 Zen. And now Mudd is "spoiling" us with 3 ships for 14'750 Zen? I think that offer is rather terrible in comparison.

Unless the devs are roll playing Mudd as an entirely separate tradesman then I can see the comical value of bundles with poor value for money and ambiguous advertisements. It's almost...ferengi. At least the lobi crystal consortium is decent.
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Reading comments on all fire pages so far, and still haven't been able to find out due to contradicting infomation...
    Do you get all the faction variants ships, or just variants for the faction you happen to be on while opening it?
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    All varients.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • awlaforgeawlaforge Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    claudiusdk wrote: »
    Reading comments on all fire pages so far, and still haven't been able to find out due to contradicting infomation...
    Do you get all the faction variants ships, or just variants for the faction you happen to be on while opening it?

Let me try to clarify by experience (and I hope I am clear enough). I purchased the pack and picked the ships. First character who claims the pack gets all three bundles (the Amarie, Temporal Science, and Temporal Destroyer). The ships are in boxes so faction will then determine which sub-type you get (Fed, Romulan, Klingon). The Amarie only has one variant so you open the box and you get it. Other characters then can claim any or all of the ship types from the Mudd store. Claimed ships are also in boxes. I believe boxes are bound to character. When character opens box, faction determines sub type of destroyer or science ship character receives. So technically, each character can claim 5 ships based on current arrangement; Amarie, faction temporal destroyer, faction temporal science vessel, Romulan temporal destroyer, and Romulan science vessel. Bonus is every character gets the Admiralty card from the Amarie without any additional effort.

Hope this clarifies the choices.

Edit: I just tested and you can only claim the temporal ships once based on faction.
    Post edited by awlaforge on
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    awlaforge wrote: »
    Edit: I just tested and you can only claim the temporal ships once based on faction.

Actually - you can dismiss the ships and claim them again, but they will be only the ones from you faction.
    So, I think you mean you can claim the temporal ships more than once, just they will be of the one faction only...

Oh, and Jem'Hadars will get the Fed or KDF ones, depending on ally choice...

Yes. Point is you cannot claim both a main faction (Fed or Klingon) and Romulan temporal ship.
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    If they really wanted to make an enticing bundle (that ISN'T overpriced), they could have done something similar to the Legendary Bundle without the ship refits. I'd be totally on board with buying say... A temporal promo bundle including the Temp Sci Vessels, Temp Destroyers, Paradox Dreadnought, Krenim Warship, Zahl Heavy Cruiser, and the Annorax. The idea being that you can equip the consoles from every ship in this bunch on the Annorax and make the ultimate timeship.

It's a better deal than what they're selling us now, at least.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Eh, they just "testing the waters" (and how tight we keep our wallets too, I suppose :p ).
    And maybe they hope for increase of buyers of the Paradox, and the other ships.

Still it's first somewhat sensible bundle of box ships that landed in Zen store (even if overpriced), and will stay permanently, unlike that Legendary Bundle, which I did not had enough time to grind enough Zen through Exchange for :(

Well, like that guy in Expanse said: "It a small step, but forward…"
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Hopefully we'll get a Charge Bonus.

Amen to that!
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Whilst this isn't a purchase I will make, the option of an Epic Phoenix token in this pack surprises me. I know they're as rare as rocking horse excrement but I really don't think they're valuable enough to warrant being included in a pack like this. Partly beause it would only have value as a method of obtaining ships - it isn't really worth using it for a few Phoenix upgrades since one of the other pack options is a stack of Ultimate upgrades.

Though I guess if someone really was THAT desperate to obtain a ship that was, once-upon-a-time, free......

There's only two ships that I missed from the T6/Epic Phoenix boxes (even more missed from the older/lower tier ships), due to circumstances (computer problems, older style ways of earning event ships, that sort of thing), so it would've been tempting to get the Epic Phoenix token.

Mind you, single character Epic Phoenix token ships are a poor substitute to account unlockable Promo, Lockbox and Lobi Store ships.
    edited May 2020
    <snip>

Mind you, single character Epic Phoenix token ships are a poor substitute to account unlockable Promo, Lockbox and Lobi Store ships.

Agreed.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Frankly, I like the fact that they are putting lockbox, promo, and lobi ships in the C store, even if they are overpriced. What I am really disappointed by is this obsession with bundles. Enough of the bundles already!! Not very many people can up and drop $150 on a game all at once. Some folks, like me can only buy ships one at a time. It would take me a long time to save up enough for a $150 bundle, and by the time I did so, the sale would be gone and I wouldn't be able to afford it anyways.

I do like that this is a choice bundle, so the purchaser is not necessarily forced to pay for stuff they don't want just to get the one ship they do. I chose not to buy the Picard bundle when it came out even though I want the Miradorn because I refuse to pay for all the other fluff I don't want or need.

Please, can we go back to selling one ship at a time, and give people to option to buy a more expensive bundle if they want to. You know, like the way ship bundles used to be (temporal, pilot, MW bundles).
  • littlemikey#8141 littlemikey Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    If you got all six items in the pack for the price I would buy it, but having to pick three makes it seem like a bit of a rip off.
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    If I had plenty of money to spend, sure I might drop the Zen for the whole pack since I don't consider the contents of this "deal" worth the asking price at all. But honestly all I want is one of those ships the T6 temporal ship. Nothing else.

Sometimes I wonder if those at Cryptic and/or Perfect World worship the Ferengi. Many of the deals and trade practises would suit a Ferengi and the species seems to enjoy a favoured position within the game. How many Ferengi do we get to kill? How many try to kill us and get away? How many enslave a whole mining colony and get away? Twice over? Think about it.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    I wish they would hurry up and bring back the Legendary Bundle. I don't think I really appreciated the value of some of those consoles and ship skins back when it was advertised. I also didn't have the cash for it then but will in a couple of weeks.
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    ..."Bentham Crusier [sic]"...

Yo, do you remember when the Benthan Cruiser first came out? It was pointed out at that time [by other posters on those forums] that the ship was flying backwards. It's shaped so weird, I never cared about it myself. I knew I would never buy it. Do you know if it's still flying backwards? I bet it is!
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
    I believe it still is.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    thetanine wrote: »
    ..."Bentham Crusier [sic]"...

Yo, do you remember when the Benthan Cruiser first came out? It was pointed out at that time [by other posters on those forums] that the ship was flying backwards. It's shaped so weird, I never cared about it myself. I knew I would never buy it. Do you know if it's still flying backwards? I bet it is!

Yes I remember that. The Benthan cruisers flying backwards. And yeah I also doubt it's been corrected either. ;)
    > @reyan01 said:
    > Console – Universal – Supplemental Weaponry
    >
    > I assume this console remains locked to use by the Amarie class only?

Yes.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,205 Arc User
    > @mikoto8472 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Yes I remember that. The Benthan cruisers flying backwards. And yeah I also doubt it's been corrected either. ;)

No, they fixed it years ago. Admittedly it took them like 6 months or something like that to fix it, but they did eventually.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    I just realized why they did not have a Zen Charge Bonus during this Bundle's Sale. With it you could just about get the Bundle with the 10,000 Zen offering. The 20,000 Zen offering could just about get you two of these Bundles. ;)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    westx211 wrote: »
    > @mikoto8472 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Yes I remember that. The Benthan cruisers flying backwards. And yeah I also doubt it's been corrected either. ;)

No, they fixed it years ago. Admittedly it took them like 6 months or something like that to fix it, but they did eventually.

Well colour me surprised. But good for Cryptic that they actually fixed the issue. I always liked the Benthans and am happy to hear the ship was fixed. If I ever have a spare few k zen I might even get one.