test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is supposed to happen when you active a KIDD drone?

indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
I recently earned a KIDD drone and was trying it out. When I activate it, it vanishes and nothing seems to happen for a while. What does it do when you use it? I can't see any benefit.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Simply having the kit module slotted will cause a drone to spawn all the time and will attack your enemies. This requires you action NO your part at all (besides having the kit module slotted). There is a second ability that you actually have to activity that causes it to split into 3 parts that each person tach/sci/eng abilities. That "split" effect is only temporary, and it eventually reverts back to the single drone.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • conradhauserconradhauser Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    the secondary ability is glitched for sure
    not only that but just having it in inventory makes it show up
    Simply having the kit module slotted will cause a drone to spawn all the time and will attack your enemies. This requires you action NO your part at all (besides having the kit module slotted). There is a second ability that you actually have to activity that causes it to split into 3 parts that each person tach/sci/eng abilities. That "split" effect is only temporary, and it eventually reverts back to the single drone.

how temporary? most dont even see it. maybe the detail should be better explained? i got one too, as many i am sure, have it slotted, and when i click it to make it split up, it POOFS...
    if that is the case then myself and others are seeing the wording wrong on the descriptive end of things. from the way it sounds, is it divides into 3 parts and assists as needed or ordered, etc.

The slit parts show up for me and fly around doing their thing. Not sure why they aren't for some folks. Also, not sure whether it's supposed to split automatically or not, but if it is supposed to be automatic not sure why there is a command (that you slot on your toolbar) to do it.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    Here are some pics to demonstrate.

Before split (see red circle around blue button to make them split):

https://i.imgur.com/VeXR47T.jpg

After split:

https://i.imgur.com/kj06gxc.jpg

You can see the different names of the different parts in the 2nd pic. Because I'm not in combat they are all grouped together, but in combat they fly around separately.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    it doesnt really split up in game... your pet goes poof and 3 new pets spawn somewhere on map and paths to ya... then they do their bit but, and this is the kicker... the countdown starts once they appear on map, even while they path to you. so they dont last long... I thought it was bugged too but I did see 3 smaller pets come running to me while I did the Ground Pavo map.
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    I have not seen the small three pets. I'll keep an eye out for them.
  • alonaralonar Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    For me the activation only works on solo maps, any other map like nukara, nimbus iii, zombie prime, or the voth ground bz it doesn't work.
  • parmeggidoparmeggido Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    On Nukara the other day, I was gathering crystals in the cave when a kidd drone piece suddenly spawned next to me. If a group of people would test it, I suspect we would find that on multiplayer maps the drone pieces are spawning near any allied/friendly player entity, rather than being tied to the user, which is why it seems to work properly on solo maps, where you are the only player for it to spawn on.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    on pavo ground, your group is more likely at different spots... so it spawns near someone else and paths to ya... it goes poof before it reaches you. wait on pavo till your at the very last crystal... everyone should be gathered near it or during final ground event.
    I can confirm that mine disappears when split on TFOs, but works normally on solo episodes.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    I was testing on Deferra and did not see any splits
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    If you let two or more components of the KIDD Drone cross their streams you'd get a total protonic reversal. Which is very bad and they would disappear. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • jangobladesjangoblades Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    So far mine seems to work just fine, use the ability, it splits up and does it's thing. I have noticed that it does actually fight in it's single mode by firing a laser every once in while and it actually has a health bar and can die in it's single form as well. When this happens it takes like 60 secs to regen and be usable again.
    So far only one time has the unit vanished during a ground fight, even though I could hear it fighting and such.
  • crossmrcrossmr Member Posts: 86 Arc User

how temporary? most dont even see it. maybe the detail should be better explained? i got one too, as many i am sure, have it slotted, and when i click it to make it split up, it POOFS...
    if that is the case then myself and others are seeing the wording wrong on the descriptive end of things. from the way it sounds, is it divides into 3 parts and assists as needed or ordered, etc.

The slit parts show up for me and fly around doing their thing. Not sure why they aren't for some folks. Also, not sure whether it's supposed to split automatically or not, but if it is supposed to be automatic not sure why there is a command (that you slot on your toolbar) to do it.

It depends on the situation. By all accounts, it's picking a random player on the map to spawn beside instead of the owner. What are the results of this?

1. Solo mission - you're the only player, of course it spawns beside you
    2. TFO where all players are together? - It may look like it's working since everyone is in close proximity.
    3. TFO where everyone is spread out or battlezone? - Its' very likely not to spawn near you and it will just look like it disappears.

Anyone who thinks it is working fine, go to a battlezone or something and try to trigger it and you should see that it disappears.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    If you let two or more components of the KIDD Drone cross their streams you'd get a total protonic reversal. Which is very bad and they would disappear. :)

Zool? there is only Zool.. :smile:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
This discussion has been closed.