test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry Character Names Locked

nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
I went to create a new character and was told that I already had a new character of that name, I don't and was naturally a smidge confused. After a few minutes I remembered I once created a character in the foundry of this name. However the foundry has gone the way of the dodo but names I used in that are now locked out for me. Don't know if this is a bug or if its a result of the foundry stuff being locked away and not actually deleted.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Foundry characters weren't deleted. They're just in a database location that's inactive.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    I wish they would just delete em, I want that character slot back! I paid for it afterall.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    I wish they would just delete em, I want that character slot back! I paid for it afterall.​​

So when Cryptic booted The Foundry they didn't replenish your character slot you used for it? If that's the case, that is dodgy indeed. I would've thought Cryptic would've done that for The Foundry authors.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I thought everyone got a slot that was flagged as a foundry slot? IE you couldn't use it for a non-Foundry character.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    I thought everyone got a slot that was flagged as a foundry slot? IE you couldn't use it for a non-Foundry character.

I vaguely recall a sticky thread being here in GD for a few months asking people to post if they didn't get their slot back. A search on "Foundry" might turn it up.

Anyway, we can't do anything but support might be able to.

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Well IIRC from my time you got 1 "free" foundry slot you could only use for the Foundry (and it didn't get taken out from you character slot pool either) but any characters beyond that had to be taken from the regular character pool (so I had 1 free and 1 regular as I made a FED and KDF test characters).
This discussion has been closed.