test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

THE NEW BATTLEZONE.. THE YEAR OF THE KLINGONS.. AND THE NEW PVP Battle zone ? YAY :)

jaymaverick007jaymaverick007 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
The year of the Klingon? Does this mean what I think it may mean? Is it just another tease for a supportive and long contributing member of sto?

I sure hope this means that the Klingon PLAYER BASE that took off a while back will get what they where hoping for after years of waiting around for it and contributing hundreds if not some thousands of dollars in contributions to the game, Literally just in HOPES that this would come one day. / me singularly have contributed thousands to this game / many others payed for lots of stuff just to help support sto over the years and keep up with the ever evolving dynamic of gear/requirment of high end pvp.. literally in hoping for this to happen one day.

I am and will always be a dedicated customer and have been patient and respectful and supportive since before the game launch to its players, its devs, and its future, because i support star trek and its future and the amazing posibiliies of sto.

I just truly wish people would move past the bad taste left by a few dishonorable pvpers and help support the pvp community of players like me, by giving us another place besides kerrat to play in the sandbox of pvp. or at least reduce the que limit sizes so we can get actually get que pops again. I'm starting to get to old now to spend my time and money waiting, wife kids, and all that jazz. but i still want to support this happening so at least other people can enjoy it, and i can get a taste of it between family and work.

The small sandbox of kerrat. I love it, but have been playing in that same sandbox for more then 10 years. I've seen so many players come and go and get tired of sto because pvp drew the short straw of content/ love.

Does this season mean that they may yet make a pvp battlezone for klingons to hunt their prey? Some where that they can actually use their skills and honor in a real battle? NOT This same old purgatory of repetitive pve content..

It is nice, but playing the same missions over and over does not compare to playing in a good balanced pvp fight.. EVEN BEING THE UNDER DOG IS FANTASTIC! IF YOU ARE A GOOD SPORT AND UNDERSTAND IT. It being that you are the underdog, make the best of it you can and enjoy the challenge.

Now im not asking devs to even worry about the balancing.. That should be up to the players to figure out how to balance their skills to be competitive that is part of the challenge of pvp.

(nothing worth having is easy.)

I sure hope this is so. Please Please make it so!! Cryptic !

I give some ideas but will take what ever you give us.
Maybe a cap and hold like Gon cra for pvp. With maybe 3 teams/sides, red, blue ,and green.. Romulan/KLINGON/FEDERATION?

OR MAYBE ANOTHER DIMENSIONAL MIROR UNIVER CROSS OVER. AND PLAYERS COULD BE SPLIT BETWEEN UNIVERSES, RED, BLUE, AND GREEN? THEN you can pick which universe you originate. blue, green, or red.
then there could be a 3 way power struggle in the battle zone. We could have add a map transition in the battlezone like starbase or planet or asteroids in a belt around a black hole or what ever much like the mission gravity kills.

You could transport down to a separate ground battle zone like the voth battle zone is set up in the dyson sphere.

would be best to
PICK YOUR UNIVERSE TO FIGHT FOR. then klingons, romulans, and fed can team up agains balanced like adversaries.

We could also have npcs that warp in and help hold the captured zones just like Gon cra?

sry now I am just kind of rambling and dreaming . but as long as i have the strength to dream.. like elvis says you know.

Cryptic I have faith in you and hope you will hear my dreams and not laugh! Cuz i have been trying to feed you for 10 years of purchases. pluse 2 life time sub scriptions purchased, lol just to help you make this game live long and prosper. Please don't bite my hand!!
Retired Rear Admiral-Jay Maverick-
Known simply as -Maverick-
Klingons should Beware of Maverick.
Maverick loves a fight and tends to be victorious even as the underdog.
He has an aptitude for tactics,guerrilla warfare and security.
"United Federation of Planets"
12th Fleet - Intelligence Division "Khalija" - Alpha Group
Not on Current Assignment.-On Retirement leave at Leach Lake in Minnesota
Post edited by jaymaverick007 on

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,514 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    The year of the Klingon? Does this mean what I think it may mean?

Sorry, almost certainly not since you want PVP.

The few hardcore PVP players do pay thousands into the game, but it's PVE players who pay the millions needed to keep it running. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the you.

It's likely to just be reworked story episodes, new ships, new costumes, new gear, and some new story episodes (and/or patrols & TFOs) to wrap up the J'Ula arc.
  • Options
    i can always hope
  • Options
    a few pvpers grow into more. and bored pvers slowly turn into pvpers years down the road.. they become lifers and if the fish bowl is big enough they will grow to their container
  • Options
    just saying it is hard to grow more fish with a bowl the size of kerrat. but if you have 10 people paying 1000 or more.. they beat 1000 people playing for free
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Absolutely no chance of PvP being developed in this game the Lead Dev isn't a fan of PvP so right there is brickwall
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    Absolutely no chance of PvP being developed in this game the Lead Dev isn't a fan of PvP so right there is brickwall

He may not be a fan of it. But he may understand that it still worth pursuing a supportive reaction to members like me.

I’m happy for some movement and I’m not trying to ask for a mountain. I know there is a lot of work and resources to make it possible.

But you have to start somewhere and then go on from there. If you stop before you get started and give up. You can not get any where or anything done. So I will keep asking and supporting this direction for sto.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    PVP? no. just... NO. very very few people want to turn STO into EVE 2.0
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    and bored pvers slowly turn into pvpers years down the road..

Eh, no. I used to dabble in the pvp minigames that always seem to be duct-taped to the side of 95% PvE MMOs, years ago. But too much exposure to PvPers has gotten me to the point that I won't touch PvP at all anymore (in any form - in MMOs, in shooters, RTS's, whatever). The mix of over-competitiveness with the anonymity of the internet will always be a recipe for griefing & misery. Not all pvpers are like that, but enough of them are that it makes the entire thing a toxic hellscape, no matter the game.

Mixed PvE/PvP games are also always annoying, in that attempts to balance gameplay for one side always messes up the other. It's just asking for trouble.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    PVP? no. just... NO. very very few people want to turn STO into EVE 2.0

PVP. ? Yes . Just yes. Many have and still do play sto for PvP. Sto was and is still a pvp and a pve game like it or not. PvP is part of Sto. It was a bigger part and yes there are annoying pvpers , But there are annoying pve players too. If people want to avoid playing with others. You are best off not playing a multiplayer game. Maybe Go play a single player game instead?

Pvp and pve in sto are separate from each other and none conflicting as was designed be the original devs.

If you don’t like pve you don’t need to. Unlike many other pvp games sto Has a controlled system already in place to avoid those related issues. It is called Kerrat

I’m ok with that , just hoping that they could expand upon that as the devs have eluded to in the past years they would do something more with pvp.

I can stomach dealing with others that’s what makes me and players like me important to sto’ s enduring future.

It is not just about instant satisfaction and fluff. But yes I buy that stuff too why not draw in more old school players who also like fluff

• Options
    edited May 2020
    [
    kiralyn wrote: »
    and bored pvers slowly turn into pvpers years down the road..

Eh, no. I used to dabble in the pvp minigames that always seem to be duct-taped to the side of 95% PvE MMOs, years ago. But too much exposure to PvPers has gotten me to the point that I won't touch PvP at all anymore (in any form - in MMOs, in shooters, RTS's, whatever). The mix of over-competitiveness with the anonymity of the internet will always be a recipe for griefing & misery. Not all pvpers are like that, but enough of them are that it makes the entire thing a toxic hellscape, no matter the game.

Mixed PvE/PvP games are also always annoying, in that attempts to balance gameplay for one side always messes up the other. It's just asking for trouble.

We already have pvp In game. The balancing issues are annoying aren’t they. Maybe we could work together and problem solve and show the world that we trekies understand the importance of working together to face problems.

I do believe that if they made the pvp area a dynamic of the same universe split into 3 mirror universes or even just an area for war games. There would be an elimination of balancing issues.

By having everyone using the same tools and an identical box. Would not be an issue. Annoying people that whine and put blame on others for their downfalls would be the only issue. The answer there is to just ignore them, or put try to put them straight with straight talk. Sorry to say..

Being constructive vs being whiny makes a difference in the world. Knowing the difference is key to moving the community forward and into a positive future.
    Post edited by jaymaverick007 on
  • Options
    TO THOSE WHO MAY THINK I AM BEING WHINY, I HAVE BEEN WAITING AND WILL CONTINUE TO WAIT AND SUPPORT THE GAME.. just been waiting a while about 10 years and did not want cryptic to forget i was here. thought id give a shout out to catch a devs ear maybe. i think i was lucky a couple of times over the years. i remember talking about saucer separation being a cool feature to the galaxy, and sweet they responded at some point, then waited and awesomeness they got it in game.. so hats of to cryptic and the devs!!!! I appreciate you guys!!! Even if i dont get what i may want... You guys still make me happy by furthing sto and listening to the comunity. :)
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,514 Arc User
    It's not whiny to ask nicely for things, keep doing that.

I cling to the faint hope that some year I'll get a way to unify my beam visuals :)
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,716 Community Moderator
    This is basically a ranting "I paid money so they need to do x feature" type thread, and we're not playing that game. also please do not spam just to try and drive up the post count. /thread
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.