test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mudd is Spoiling you for Choice!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
The Mudd's Stealing Time Bundle is coming to Mudd's Market on 5/21! Each bundle you purchase will allow you to pick three of six rewards, including ships that used to be Lock Box and Promotion exclusive! 50% off until 6/4!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11435073

EDIT:

I'm seeing a lot of confusion in this thread, so I'm gonna attempt to clarify again, although a huge thank you to the people who have tried this already. :)

This bundle has six possible items you can claim from it. When you purchase the bundle, you can choose any three of those. The six items are:

Amarie - an Account unlock, reclaimable on all characters
Temporal Science Vessels - Account Unlock, you get the faction appropriate ship on all characters
Temporal Destroyers - Account Unlock, you get the faction appropriate ship on all characters
10x Ultimate Tech Upgrades
2x 100% off Any Ship in the Zen Store
1 Phoenix Epic Prize Token

Again, you can choose any three of those. You can pick all three ships if you like, and that would be your bundle. You can pick two ships and the upgrades. You can pick one ship, the upgrades, and two free ships in the Zen Store. You can pick the Upgrades, the free ships, and the phoenix token.

The only thing you cannot do is buy the pack twice, and claim the same ship from it again. If you already claimed the Amarie, for example, it is now an account unlocked ship and you already have it on all of your characters, so we're not going to let you waste money by claiming it again. The only things you can claim multiple times are the things that aren't account unlocks, which are the upgrades, the coupons, and the token.
Post edited by ambassadorkael#6946 on

Comments

• eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    The Mudd's Stealing Time Bundle is coming to Mudd's Market on 5/21! Each bundle you purchase will allow you to pick three of six rewards, including ships that used to be Lock Box and Promotion exclusive! 50% off until 5/29!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11435073

You need to correct this. It is until 26th NOT 29th. You amended on Social Media, but haven't here.
  • psycherzpsycherz Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Now we know why they had a key sale... lol
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    Maybe it's just me, but considering the Legendary Bundle was under $200 for the bulk of when it was available for 10 ships. This seems like it is overly pricey, even at the current discount.
  • psycherzpsycherz Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    If the Amarie had Captain's and crew quarters. It would almost be worth the pack to have as an account unlock for RP. It is such a sweet interior. Dont know why they left those sections out.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I dont get it.. you chose one of the packs?, i mean, the Detroyers, or the science vessels, or the Amarie?? it's that it?... it's expensive, and already have those ships (Except the Amarie, i dont like it), they are really good ships, so, not bad at all as an account unlock, i think... but i dont have the money, love to, but dotn have it.. :neutral:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    I think it is nice that they have a way to have lockbox ships available for direct currency as many people have been screaming for. It is upto the individual to decide if they think the price is worthwhile but for me its a pass.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    Just wanting something clarified.

Is this an one time purchase (it locks out after you make your choice) or can you purchase it multiple times to pick the other ships/items you didn't in the first purchase?

Like if you pick the Amarie, the epic token and the 10 ultimate upgrades, can you buy a second one to get the Destroyers or Science vessels? Or do you have to pick all the ships to get all the ships?

Can you pick all the ships?
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    I dont get it.. you chose one of the packs?, i mean, the Detroyers, or the science vessels, or the Amarie?? it's that it?... it's expensive, and already have those ships (Except the Amarie, i dont like it), they are really good ships, so, not bad at all as an account unlock, i think... but i dont have the money, love to, but dotn have it.. :neutral:

Dang it, lol, I was reading it as out of those 6 options you/we get to choose 3 of them for the price & I was thinking the 3 "special" ships as account-wide unlocks seemed like a decent, not good, deal. Now I'll have to go-back & re-read it to probably be disappointed lol.

I know the Amarie has a "special" bridge & at one time was a popular ship. Do these Temporal "special" ships have that default temporal bridge or another? And does it vary between the factions, Fed/KDF/Rom, of these Temporal "special" ships or they all share the default? The KDF & Rom versions lack any cloaking which is poo.

The Phoenix Epic Token is still just 1 & isn't account-wide unlock correct?

The 2 -100% C-Store ship coupons don't seem like a good value at this bundle's price, but I could be wrong.

The 10x Ultimate Tech Upgrades I don't know what their value is within this bundle or on their own. I like the idea of being able to get them without buying the gamble keys though.

I do like that Cryptic is tossing out a variety of options though in this bundle. I'd not thought that the Legendary Bundle price would so soon seem like a better priced bundle lol.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    The -50% accuracy on that Amarie's Slamshot experimental weapon is not appetizing at all.

Also, not a fan of the 2 included Temporal ships sharing their console set perks with that other Temporal Paradox ship which isn't include in this bundle.

I think the Temporal Science Vessel's starship trait & console seems more useful than the Destroyer's.
  • anarisaanarisa Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Wanting some clarification on this pack. Can we buy just 1 pack and select all 3 of the ship packs? Or do we only get to choose 1 ship pack and 2 of the other things? Basically all I want are the ships. The rest of the stuff to me is worthless.
    NF5ObqL.jpg
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    This is too confusing. If one buys say the temporal science vessels, do they get all 3 flavors unlocked or just one of the 3?
  • joeandsto#1535 joeandsto Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I don't see what's so confusing about this.

You have 6 options:
    * Amarie
    * Temporal Science Vessels pack (3 ships: faction-based variants of the Temporal Science Vessel)
    * Temporal Destroyers pack (3 ships: faction-based variants of the Temporal Science Vessel)
    * 2x C-Store Coupons
    * 1x Epic Phoenix Token
    * 10x Ultimate Tech Upgrades.

You choose 3 of them. Pick and choose.
    * Amarie + Temporal Science Vessels + Temporal Destroyers
    * Temporal Science Vessels + Temporal Destroyers + 2x C-Store Coupons
    * 2x C-Store Coupons + 1x Epic Phoenix Token + 10x Ultimate Tech Upgrades (why you'd go this route, I don't know, but you do you if you do buy this set of 3)
    * Etc.

If it's about, "You buy this and pick a ship, if you buy again you can't pick the ship," I read that as a safeguard to keep you from buying something you'd already bought. You're not going to buy an account-unlocked Amarie twice, and you'd feel horrible if you picked it twice by accident without that safeguard in place.

• disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    For this price I was expecting the Annorax and Universe to be included. You guys do that, and you'll have yourselves a deal. ;P
    edited May 2020
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Adding this image here, which we made to clear up some of the confusion.

To clarify - when you purchase the bundle, you can pick any three of these rewards. If you choose a ship, and then purchase the bundle again, you won't be able to choose the same ship twice. You can purchase as many zen store coupons, phoenix prize pack tokens, and ultimate tech upgrades as you'd like.

f8993671558aaeb67634d9a1b016a70c1589913968.png

Ok, now i get it... it's not a bad deal, actually.. it seems that if you buy this pack twice, you cant select a ship you already have unlocked... i'm good with once. Anyway, i already have those ships, so, the only practical bundle for me would be the 10 Epic, the Amarie, and the 2 discount coupons, and... thats not a very good deal, as i dont like that ship, and havent even used the last Free coupon :lol:

I'm going to save my zen for the next one, hoping there are ships i dont have, because i kinda like this promotion.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Look at it this way. The Bentham Crusier was on sale when released into Mudd's Market for 6,800 Zen. This can be 7 Ships (of which 4 additional are Faction specific so 3 overall) on sale for 14,750 Zen. Using the Bentham model for 3 Ships that would be 20,400 Zen.

If the Epic Token got an Account-wide Unlock it would be a different story, but it is very underwhelming otherwise.

4,916 Zen per Ship for all those that were talking about gladly paying 5,000 Zen for an Account Unlock for a Lobi, Lockbox, and Promotion Ship.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    I believe it is either Amarie Plus coupons as option 1
    or
    3 pack science + phoenix box as option 2
    or
    3 pack destroyers + 10x tech upgrade

each one around 150 dollars US - at 50%

So in order to get all three you will have to spend 450.00 dollars US - As each bundle can ONLY be claimed once for purchase.

This is a horrible bundle deal and outrageously priced - The Legendary bundle was a far better bargain as you get 10 ships at half the price of this entire 3 bundle deal. I personally do not like Cryptic business practice and I find this borderline predatory selling.

I rather have Cryptic throw a twice a yr flash sale on these lockbox ships at a mark up price around 50 to 75 dollars per ship instead of these insane bundle prices.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    I wonder how many whales they will be able to harpoon with this deal. It is priced way, way, beyond what anyone else could pay (especially so soon after the Legendary bundle) so to me (and probably most other FtP players) it is immaterial.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Pick ANY three means just that. Amarie, Temporal Science, and Temporal Destroyer for three choices.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Look at it this way. The Bentham Crusier was on sale when released into Mudd's Market for 6,800 Zen. This can be 7 Ships (of which 4 additional are Faction specific so 3 overall) on sale for 14,500 Zen. Using the Bentham model for 3 Ships that would be 20,400 Zen.

If the Epic Token got an Account-wide Unlock it would be a different story, but it is very underwhelming otherwise.

4,833 Zen per Ship for all those that were talking about gladly paying 5,000 Zen for an Account Unlock for a Lobi, Lockbox, and Promotion Ship.

It'd be great if all Epic Tokens were Account-wide Unlocks. I only have two of the ships in the Phoenix Epic that I need to get, and I got an Epic Token from the Legacy pack (but kept it since it's not account unlock for PC as far as I know).
  • iranoveryourdogiranoveryourdog Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Iv'e been grinding for those temporal ships since they were added to the game... This is the deal of the century.(<that's a time joke, son) SOLD.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    I mean if you've played with these fed noobs even on normal difficulty for these tfo events especially the ground one its not hard to confuse one of these people. They are so confused that its confusing me and then how am I supposed to use timey kind of stuff when I am confused on many times I can actually count on the times I can use these ships. So this is no time to be confusing me about time we just do not have the time.
  • solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    In theory, somewhat interesting. In practice, the glut of insanely expensive items is getting just a little old. It's about at least six months, if I'm not mistaken, since the last regular C-store ship release. Is this the new normal? 'Cause that's kind of not funny.
    edited May 2020
    stark2k wrote: »
    or
    or

So in order to get all three you will have to spend 450.00 dollars US - As each bundle can ONLY be claimed once for purchase.

This is a horrible bundle deal and outrageously priced - The Legendary bundle was a far better bargain as you get 10 ships at half the price of this entire 3 bundle deal. I personally do not like Cryptic business practice and I find this borderline predatory selling.

I rather have Cryptic throw a twice a yr flash sale on these lockbox ships at a mark up price around 50 to 75 dollars per ship instead of these insane bundle prices.

No, you pick the 3 ships (packs), and that's all... account unlock, or the T6 coupons, the epic token and the upgrades, or the Amarie, the coupons and the token.. you pick 3 prices of the pack.. ANY prices, but just 3, at least thats what i understand.. because if it is your way, then is quite underwelming... and not worthy at all..
    Iv'e been grinding for those temporal ships since they were added to the game... This is the deal of the century.(<that's a time joke, son) SOLD.

You sure took your time to get it! :lol:
  • redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    Am not paying contemporary prices for outdated ships.

To quote Captain Spock, "If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'Go To Hell'...".

That's right Mudd, your market is just an overpriced outdated junk shop.
  • redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    redwren89 wrote: »

To quote Captain Spock, "If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'Go To Hell'...".

Edit: but i guess that's the point. If you want this shirt bad enough, some fool will pay for it.

Edit: but i guess that's the point. If you want this shirt bad enough, some fool will pay for it.

What outdated ships??, those are T6 ships, and quite new, actually.. :neutral:
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    so basically $150 for 1 ship & choice of 2 out of the remaining 3 items.

2 T6 Zen ships
    10 ultimate upgrades
    1 phoneix token <- ship is 1 time acquire on 1 char only.

so T6 ship is 30 = 2 for $60... you can wait and buy during sale for $45 worse case for 2 ships.

10 ultimate upgrades... sorry dont know real value of it is.

seems like it gets worse each time they include a mudd ship.

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    gaevsman wrote: »
    stark2k wrote: »
    or
    or

No, you pick the 3 ships (packs), and that's all... account unlock, or the T6 coupons, the epic token and the upgrades, or the Amarie, the coupons and the token.. you pick 3 prices of the pack.. ANY prices, but just 3, at least thats what i understand.. because if it is your way, then is quite underwelming... and not worthy at all..

there are 3 ship options... you can choose only 1 ship option... then your forced to choose 2 of the other items... 2 T6 coupons, 10 ultimate upgrades, 1 phoenix token.

edit: maybe I am reading it wrong but... "you can only choose each ship pack once" hoping I am off.
    tigeraries wrote: »
    so basically $150 for 1 ship & choice of 2 out of the remaining 3 items.

2 T6 Zen ships
    10 ultimate upgrades
    1 phoneix token <- ship is 1 time acquire on 1 char only.

so T6 ship is 30 = 2 for $60... you can wait and buy during sale for $45 worse case for 2 ships.

10 ultimate upgrades... sorry dont know real value of it is.

seems like it gets worse each time they include a mudd ship.

You mean you can only choose one of the ship packs?, are you sure??, because is not worth it if it is like that.. :neutral: