test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PLEASE ..... FIX YOUR BROKEN EVENT CYCLE!!

aboundedorc0#8479 aboundedorc0 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
Over the last month or so as several events have dogpiled upon one another during your "work from home" due to COVID-19 phase, something is not right in Star Trek Online. Frankly I grew tired of betting bounced or ejected from one loading screen after another, or simply from switching gameplay between different characters on the same account. By the way, I have two lifetime memberships and this frustration is compounded when it occurs on both gamertags. Right now, I am not able to play Star Trek Online and I've made too much of an investment, not to complain.

My margin of patience wanes swiftly after I've been tossed back to the main screen ten times simpy trying to access STO to run my dailies, much less the various events of recent weeks. "Server timed out" repeatedly and over and over again, every darn day for a MONTH? I've rebooted my system a number of times, pestered my internet provider several times, and even done a factory reset on my console.

Cryptic it's not me, it is YOU. Please with respect, FIX YOUR BUSTED "TRIBBLE" GAME and at least try to not keep shoveling one event after another, on top of another, at least for long enough to figure out whatever the heck you folks have bollixed up?

Comments

• Options
    captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    I hear you and feel your pain.

I have noticed the same very issue and pretty much did the exact same thing, gave up the game for the time being. Shouldn't have to come to this, but I doubt that anyone there [Cryptic] will respond in this forum? Over time the various people here that bend over backwards to explain away things on behalf of the devs will pipe in. Sort've surprised that nobody has done so, but it appears that this is a recent post, so maybe later?

• Options
    mutantcamel#2832 mutantcamel Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Thing is, location of workspace should be irrelevant in an environment like this. All engineers and developers should be able to remote-in to all servers, both to perform general maintenance and also to deploy patches and new releases. They should still be on a normal work schedule with this, albeit from home.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    Over the last month or so as several events have dogpiled upon one another during your "work from home" due to COVID-19 phase, something is not right in Star Trek Online. Frankly I grew tired of betting bounced or ejected from one loading screen after another, or simply from switching gameplay between different characters on the same account. By the way, I have two lifetime memberships and this frustration is compounded when it occurs on both gamertags. Right now, I am not able to play Star Trek Online and I've made too much of an investment, not to complain.

My margin of patience wanes swiftly after I've been tossed back to the main screen ten times simpy trying to access STO to run my dailies, much less the various events of recent weeks. "Server timed out" repeatedly and over and over again, every darn day for a MONTH? I've rebooted my system a number of times, pestered my internet provider several times, and even done a factory reset on my console.

Cryptic it's not me, it is YOU. Please with respect, FIX YOUR BUSTED "TRIBBLE" GAME and at least try to not keep shoveling one event after another, on top of another, at least for long enough to figure out whatever the heck you folks have bollixed up?

There is no need to rant and rave and use cuss wording. ALL the devs are doing ALL they can under difficult circumstances. Please you need to calm yourself and accept that during these unprecedented times things are likely to go awry. But rest assured all will come good in the end. I am pretty sure things will be made right to the player base in the end.
  • Options
    eazzie wrote: »

There is no need to rant and rave and use cuss wording. ALL the devs are doing ALL they can under difficult circumstances. Please you need to calm yourself and accept that during these unprecedented times things are likely to go awry. But rest assured all will come good in the end. I am pretty sure things will be made right to the player base in the end.

"Cussing" is NOT allowed here and such language gets overwritten by the system. TRIBBLE is used tongue in cheek, so perhaps the person who needs to calm down is gazing out at you each and every time you peer into a reflective surface?
  • Options
    'Orc, I told you that the trolls would show up, didn't I?
  • Options
    imatimelord#6399 imatimelord Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    Those that are NOT devs and just mouthpieces need to stay out of the mix...
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    edited May 2020

Those that disagree with you, orc, or anyone else on subjects are not mouthpieces and nor are they always trolls. You do not tell anyone to stay out of the mix just because you disagree with them. The devs when it comes to this game interact with the community through Twitch livestreams of Ten Forward Weekly, Twitter, and Reddit. Also, they have a STO Facebook page. As well as they post some stuff on these forums (still wish more stuff was posted on the forums).
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    sthe91 wrote: »

Those that disagree with you, orc, or anyone else on subjects are not mouthpieces and nor are they always trolls. You do not tell anyone to stay out of the mix just because you disagree with them. The devs when it comes to this game interact with the community through Twitch livestreams of Ten Forward Weekly, Twitter, and Reddit. Also, they have a STO Facebook page. As well as they post some stuff on these forums (still wish more stuff was posted on the forums).

I sort of have to disagree with you on this one, as what constitutes a "troll" clearly varies from one person to another. The person who called out 'Orc for ranting and raving is way off base in that interpretation just because the guy (or gal) typed TRIBBLE in place of a profane word that would not have flown anyway. I believe him or her when they said the expression was meant somewhat facetiously. And I consider that persons reaction to 'Orcs post about the problem they're experienceing trolling, although I realize that others may not see it the same way.

By the way, there's been no rush to have any official person respond to this report, so doubt that one is forthcoming I suppose?
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I'm still having this issue too and at this point, it's three plus weeks? I get booted out of the game just trying to login and then if I do get in and then select the current event, I get booted right out of the loading screen or immediately get a server timed out message?? Rinse and repeat over and over and over, and don't select another character or try to shift over to your alt; because it is just more of the same?

This TRIBBLE is totally on Cryptic, I mean I can continue to suffer this nonsense, reboot everything or cycle through online to offline and back, or reset my console; only to have the whole pattern swiftly repeat. I guess these are the breaks, but it would be NICE to have a dev or someone in the know comment about why this is happening?

This is the only game that I'm involved with where this is going on!