test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stranded in Space Sci Accolade bug

c0mpc0mp Member Posts: 57 Arc User
Every time I play through the mission 'Stranded in Space' as a Federation Science officer I can not get the accolade for healing the injured crew. I have tried this on multiple characters multiple times and the issue/bug persists. The mission log will not update after I have interacted with 1,2 or all 3 of the the injured crew, therefore I am unable to collect the accolade.

compuknight-Star-Trek-Online-20200501-12-35-13.png

Comments

• awesomeweaselawesomeweasel Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    this has been broken for awhile now and unable to be completed since they changed it to klingon's in the final battle instead of orion's like it was originaly.
    even before they changed it it was buggy, you had to interact with each one 2x once to heal them then once to talk to them once they stood up and after finishing the map you would have to play it again and you would get the accolade after doing it a 2nd time because one of them would not register properly.
  • rhypon#4930 rhypon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    > @awesomeweasel said:
    > this has been broken for awhile now and unable to be completed since they changed it to klingon's in the final battle instead of orion's like it was originaly.

This is very disappointing. I've only recently begun playing TSO (although on PC) and I've also discovered this issue. Do we have to complete this mission to continue the storyline?
  • awesomeweaselawesomeweasel Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    you can skip almost every mission you do not want to play, the only ones you can not skip is the solo missions and i believe the gamma missions
  • rhypon#4930 rhypon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    you can skip almost every mission you do not want to play, the only ones you can not skip is the solo missions and i believe the gamma missions

Thanks, that's good to know (although it'd be nice to be able to follow the storyline to completion.)
  • darkstar#8047 darkstar Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    It is annoying that science officers don't get the accolade, most of my chars are science, but I did get most of them through before the mission broke.(tactical and engineering still work fine)

I don't recommend skipping that mission though, because you can still complete the mission, you just don't get the accolade, the reason i suggest you complete it anyway is because that is the mission you get the trader transponder, to summoning the trade ship once every hour from where ever you are (sooner if your fleet has been upgraded to reduce the time of summoning.

If you don't care about having the transponder then by all means just skip the mission.
  • sircrimsonfoxsircrimsonfox Member Posts: 2 New User
    I just started playing recently and thought I was doing something wrong. I interescted with the injured crew and they were able to go to sickbay. But the quest did not update. Can this please get fixed?
  • sircrimsonfoxsircrimsonfox Member Posts: 2 New User
    Note this is a bug in the PC version too
  • knightmare#8708 knightmare Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    This issue is still not resolved.

To replicate the issue, play as Federation Aligned Science officer.

Start the mission "Stranded in Space" destroy opening ships then beam on board the damaged freighter. Make your way to the first injured crew member Scan the Patient. Then heal the patient. The optional mission status does not change from 0/3 to 1/3 it stays at 0/3. Optional Accolade mission fails even if you heal all 3 crew. No accolade is attained. This happens regardless of Character, Male, Female, or race including Jem'Hadar it is really very easy to replicate, no special items needed or special circumstances required, it just FAILS.
    Engineering and Tactical work and award accolade fine. Sciences does not.

Coming up on 2 or 3 years now for this bug. The transporter officer also still says there are Orion's incoming when in fact they are Klingon. A simple text issue and nothing to really be concerned over, but that Science accolade is an issue.