test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

rp

Comments

• ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    *Pegasus Prime, Mila's Apartment.  Mila is sitting on the bed when her PADD chimes.  She stands up and checks it, surprised to see an address for one of the newer settlements on the planet; specifically a bar.  She doesn't recognise the comm code. There's a message included which reads:

"Hi Sis,
    Don't bother trying to trace this comm code.
    Meet me in the alleyway at this address. Come alone and unarmed. I'll do the same. We've got a few things to talk about.

And yeah, we've got a few fists to trade too, so don't wear anything nice.

Cass."*

Mila: What does she think I am? Stupid?

*She shows Johanna the message.*
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,206 Arc User
    Freya: *she sighs* I'm not sure what happened... but i suspect it might have something to do with Serah. I can't imagine much else putting her in a mood like that.

Serah: but will she even want to listen...?

Johanna: From how I've heard about her, its entirely possible she does. *she gets up and kisses Mila's cheek*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    westx211 wrote: »
    Freya: *she sighs* I'm not sure what happened... but i suspect it might have something to do with Serah. I can't imagine much else putting her in a mood like that.

Serah: but will she even want to listen...?

Johanna: From how I've heard about her, its entirely possible she does. *she gets up and kisses Mila's cheek*

Samana: One thing's for sure; it won't matter if you don't try.

*Tara's Quarters. Tara goes back over to comfort Karen.

Dalos Alpha Prime.*

Mila: She probably thinks the promise of a fist fight with her will override the fact she's a lying targ.

Worst thing is... *She turns and smiles at Johanna.*. She's right.
    Johanna: Mila please... your mom is going to be pissed if you get captured while I'm protecting you.

*Freya sighs sadly, she feels an instinct to help Karen but she doesn't know what to do*

Serah: But what if I try and make things worse? *she whimpers*

Lilly: Serah, trust us, we went through some pretty rocky stuff when we first met and we managed to pull it together. I'm sure you can Karen can work things out.
    Johanna: Mila please... your mom is going to be pissed if you get captured while I'm protecting you.

*Freya sighs sadly, she feels an instinct to help Karen but she doesn't know what to do*

Serah: But what if I try and make things worse? *she whimpers*

Lilly: Serah, trust us, we went through some pretty rocky stuff when we first met and we managed to pull it together. I'm sure you can Karen can work things out.

Mila: I don't think Cassi wants to capture me. Besides, I'm not completely brain dead. I'm not going completely unarmed, and I'll have you with me. *Smiles.*

*Tora Ziyal.*

Samana: Exactly.
    Johanna: Won't she be mad you didn't come alone?

Serah: I guess I can try it... but... i just want to curl up right now...

Mila: Let her be mad. If she thinks I'm stupid enough to go to her alone after everything that's happened...

*Tora Ziyal. Samana holds her comfortingly.*
  • logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    Ooc: I will try to post something later today or tomorrow.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
    ryan218 wrote: »

Mila: Let her be mad. If she thinks I'm stupid enough to go to her alone after everything that's happened...

Johanna: So... when are we going to go meet her?
    ryan218 wrote: »

Johanna: So... when are we going to go meet her?

Mila: As soon as you're ready?

*3 hours later, they arrive at the location Cassi sent. The bar appears to be closed down, reflecting the fact this particular settlement is close to failing as many residents move into the cities or had originally been refugees from the colonies on the Arcadian front and have returned home. Also, P-Sec is stretched thin and so many of these smaller "frontier" settlements have been consumed by crime and corruption.

Mila is wearing a hoodie and sweatpants as they walk into the alleyway. There's a feminine figure sitting against the far wall, face hidden by her own hoodie. A hint of blonde hair can be made out. Mila recognises her immediately from the hair and build.*

Mila: Cassi.

*Cassi looks up, smirking before climbing to her feet and stepping forward. She nods her head towards Johanna.*

Cassi: You were supposed to come alone.

Mila: You really think I trust you that much?

*Cassi grasps her chest in feigned indignation.*

Cassi: That hurts, Mila. It really does.

Mila: Tough.

*Cassi smiles and takes out a stun baton.*

I thought we were supposed to be unarmed?

Cassi: You really think I'm stupid enough to think you'd go along with that?

Mila: Now who's not being trusting?

Cassi: Lift up your shirt so I can see your waist and turn around - slowly.

*Mila scoffs, lifting her shirt up to show her waist and turning around to show she's not carrying a weapon.*

Mila: Satisfied?

Cassi: Ankles.

Mila: Seriously?

Cassi: Ankles.

*Mila sighs, lifting up her right ankle to show that she was, in fact, wearing her ankle Sheath and combat knife. Cassi tuts mockingly.*

On the floor, and slide it over to that waste unit.

*Mila takes the knife out and disposes of it. Cassi throws away her baton.*

There, that wasn't so hard, was it?

Mila: Your turn.

*Cassi smiles, showing her sleeves and ankles before slowly lifting up her shirt and turning.*

Cassi: Happy?

Mila: You're still conscious, so no.

Cassi: Wow, you're really eager to go at it, aren't you sis?

Mila: Get on with it, Cass'!

Cassi: Why? So your girlfriend can come save you again when you lose?

*She winks at Johanna, Mila letting out a hateful snarl as she tenses up.*
    Johanna: If you keep this up I might have to save you from my girlfriend, Cassi. *she glares at her*
    Johanna: If you keep this up I might have to save you from my girlfriend, Cassi. *she glares at her*

*Cassi smiles at her cutely, before turning back to Mila.*

Cassi: We need to talk.

Mila *angry*: We don't have anything to talk about, b****.

Cassi: You don't know what I have to say.

Mila *angry*: I don't care. The only reason I'm here is because I've got a score to settle with you, sister.

Cassi *angry*: You're so pathetically predictable, Mila.

Fine. There's a cage in the bar, and I've TRIBBLE the lock. You wanna fight? Let's do it where no one else can bother us.

Mila *angry*: Works for me, targ.

*The three enter the bar and Cassi turns on the lights. In one wing of the bar is an octagonal cage with metal chainlink for the sides and padded corners. It's obvious that this isn't a licensed cage - in fact the establishment doesn't appear to have much in the way of legitimacy at all, which explains exactly why it closed down. Cassi heads toward the cage and removes her shoes and socks, Mila hanging back for a moment with Johanna.*

Mila: Whatever happens, don't come in and rescue me unless it looks like she's cheating or trying to kill me?
    Johanna: I'll try to resist the urge. But um you sure you should go in that cage? It looks like it could collapse if you pushed on it.
    Johanna: I'll try to resist the urge. But um you sure you should go in that cage? It looks like it could collapse if you pushed on it.

Mila: I'll be okay. *She gives her a quick kiss.

*Mila and Cassi both enter the cage, Mila taking off her jacket and trousers to reveal her Republic-issue black tank top and a pair of trunks, with Cassi doing the same to reveal what's obviously a starfleet grey vest that's been torn down to a tank top.  They both start walking around each other, eyes locked.*

Cassi: Ready, Sis?

Mila: Let's go.

Cassi: Last time didn't go so well for you.

Mila: I remember.  Want me to break your other leg this time, sli'vak?

*Cassi growls and snaps into a stance, Mila doing the same as they continue to circle.*

Cassi *taunting*: Look on the bright side, targ.  Once I'm done roughing you up, your girlfriend gets to play doctor.

Assuming she's still your girlfriend after that.

*Mila snarls a little.*

Mila *angry*: ****.  You.

*Mila roars out, leaping up to throw a punch down over Cassi's guard, Cassi managing to block as she's forced back, taking a body blow followed by a back spin kick.  Mila tries to chase her and throw a flying knee, but Cassi blocks it and, keeping her hands interlocked, shoves Mila back at the abdomen.  Cassi then chases and throws a straight kick hard into Mila's guard, switching to a high kick with her other foot as Mila's guard breaks, knocking Mila onto her hands and knees.

Mila instinctively rolls away and climbs to her feet, breathing heavily from the shock before rushing Cassi.  Cassi countercharges and the two foster-sisters collide full-force and lock up.  As they grapple, it's clear that Cassi is just as strong as Mila, though Mila is perhaps marginally better in technique.  The sheer animosity between them is also laid bare, the two grunting and growling in anger as they fight for the advantage.*
    *Meanwhile, Tora Ziyal. Daya has Susan pinned on the bed, both wearing their PJs. They've been having what Daya punned a "play in", which in typical Daya logic means light wrestling.*

Daya *playful*: I think score's about to be 3-2, hotstuff.

*They started out as Daya joking that she could out-wrestle Susan (despite last-night's fight with Lorren) and the two wrestling best 2 out of 3 - which Susan won, and now on best 3 out of 5, with Daya managing to equalise and now going for the win. They haven't been going at it hard, largely just playing, but Susan can probably tell Daya's giving her more of a run for her money than she did when they first got together. Before, she wouldn't have even gotten to a match-point with Susan, regardless of whether it was out of 3, 5, or anything else.*

OOC: Thought we could show a playful-competitive side to their relationship, while giving them both some development. I'll PM you with some ideas I've got.
    Ooc: yeah as good as can be expected. I just haven’t had a lot of motivation to post lately will get something posted tonight or tomorrow for sure now just to keep a few things on my end moving.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
    Johanna: You can do it Mila! Kick her a**! Don't let her get in your head!

Susan: Someone I acting a little feistier today. *she giggles, ttrying to roll them over, growling slightly as she exerts herself*
    Johanna: You can do it Mila! Kick her a**! Don't let her get in your head!

Susan: Someone I acting a little feistier today. *she giggles, ttrying to roll them over, growling slightly as she exerts herself*

*Daya lets her before using their momentum to roll them over again, giggling a little as well.*

Daya *playful*: Too feisty for you?

*Pegasus Prime. Cassi throws a knee into Mila's gut, followed by a palm strike to break out of the grapple, but Mila blocks and throws Cassi over her back, trying to get in a top mount.  Cassi immediately pulls her into a close guard and rolls on top before throwing a heavy elbow to Mila's face, Mila managing to block and grab Cassi's arm, rolling into a rear arm lock, Cassi grunting in pain as Mila twists the hold.*

Mila *angry*: You like that, b****?!

*Cassi grunts in anger and rolls out, swinging her leg over and kicking Mila across the face, Mila responding with a similar kick into Cassi's gut before the two scramble to their feet, Mila wiping a tiny trace of blood from the corner of her mouth while Cassi guards her midsection, the two circling slowly as they size each other up.*
    Ooc: yeah sorry I keep forgetting and putting off posting. Fixing that now.

Lang walks into her office to find a man sitting already.

Lang: you know if you guys are truly wanting to work with us through this struggle you could make an appointment.

Davik: I could but where would that leave me. I think I’ll stick to my normal means of operation.

Lang sighs as she walks over to her desk sitting down.

Lang: Kori cleat my schedule for the morning I’ll be busy till further notice.

Kori: yes ma’am.

Turning the comm off Lang turns back to Davik

Lang: so where do we begin then.

Davik: well we have a number of things to discuss then. My organization has a number of resources your government can’t and has the ability to be useful.

Lang: I’m willing to acknowledge that. But what do you expect to get out of this.

Davik: you get right to the point don’t you? I like that. It makes my job a lot easier in running a galactic crime operation.

Lang: don’t remind me.

Davik: let me put it this way for you. I don’t expect you to agree with my methods or sanction what me or my organization does. So I’ll make it simple. I’m willing to use my resources to help you and the rest of the galaxy for a small area of space.

Lang: you want a base of operation safe from any government repercussions.

Davik: you are a smart one. There is a small system on the fringe of UNSC space. One that makes it easy to control operations in UNSC republic and federation space. You give me that system and I’ll use my resources to help you track and control this parasite.

Lang: what system?

Davik: Taris V.

Lang; alright. I want to speak to Harper and Carter first. But I don’t see why this won’t work as much as I dislike it.

Davik: very well. I’ll be in touch soon to see what you decide.

He stands up and nods as he taps his wrist and beams away.
    Secret facility

Osman is standing in the operation command area watching the finishing touches be added to the ship being built.

Atlas: ma’am all systems should be ready for stage one testing tomorrow.

Osman: good. The sooner we get this out the better.

Atlas: I’m still working on trying to find and catalog planets where the infection is located. On a good note from what I have seen it does seem to be spreading more slowly then we previously expected.

Osman: or it’s simply taking its time and testing us to see how much of a threat we really are.

Atlas: also possible but I figured I’d try to keep a positive spin on things if I could.

He stops a moment before speaking again.

Atlas: have you spoken to any of them again yet?

Osman: you are tapped into every comm relay and computer system and you have to ask me.

She turns giving him a look.

Atlas: may I ask why you haven’t?

Osman: what would be the point at this time? We have a lot more pressing issues then me to sit and be told I acted badly and need to bring myself in. Maybe when this is all over and the galaxy isn’t at risk of being eaten alive I will but for now.... no it’s simply better for everyone if I just avoid them as much as possible.
    Ooc: yeah. Hopefully he is doing fine
    *Johanna watches closely, not really sure who will win for now. She believes in Mila, but she also doesn't trust Cassi enough to not suspect of her trying to cheat*

Susan: Of course not. *she smiles a little flirting, trying a bit harder to keep them on their side, not willing to lose any ground*

OoC: Sorry been out with a stomach bug
    edited May 2020
    *Johanna watches closely, not really sure who will win for now. She believes in Mila, but she also doesn't trust Cassi enough to not suspect of her trying to cheat*

Susan: Of course not. *she smiles a little flirting, trying a bit harder to keep them on their side, not willing to lose any ground*

OoC: Sorry been out with a stomach bug

OOC: No problem man, glad you're okay. Did you see my PM?

*Daya growls a little as she tries to force the roll, smirking a little as she presses her shoulder against Susan's.*

Daya *teasing*: You sure 'bout that?

*Pegasus Prime. Mila and Cassi clash again, Mila blocking a punch and knocking Cassi back with a palm strike.  She follows up with a back spin kick to Cassi's abdomen before taking Cassi down and pounding on her, Cassi blocking with her guard and managing to plant her foot against Mila's hip, ready to kick her off.*

Cassi *angry, grunting*: This all you got, Sis?!

Mila *angry*: Ask me that when you wake up, wh***!

*Cassi grunts and kicks Mila off, the two scrambling to their feet before Cassi grabs Mila and pulls her into two brutal knees to the gut, winding her, and then roaring out and throwing Mila into the corner of the cage, Mila grasping the chain-link to keep herself on her feet as she tries to recover. Cassi breathes heavily and is getting ready to charge, which with Mila winded could definitely knock her out.*
    Virsio: so that’s what he wants?

Lang: yes. That’s all he requested for his help.

Virsio: please if you would director give us the run down again of his operations?

Carter: well the file ONI has on him is extensive but I’ll just cover the basics. It is estimated that he has at his disposal about 150-450 ships as well as the man power to operate them and a small army. He has an extreme amount of wealth and has become wealthy by operating a vast black market empire that spans the galaxy itself. He has operations in the UNSC Federation and Republic as well as every other minor power as well.

Lang: meaning get has the resources to be extremely helpful or could become extremely dangerous as well.

Carter: to be blunt given our state right now he already is dangerous. He has just chosen so far not to be and try to work with us on as many things as benefit himself.

Lang: alright. Recommendations?

Virsio: I still feel hesitant to ally with him but I don’t know as if we have much of a choice.

Carter: I agree. No one has the ability to monitor the outer worlds and backwater worlds of the galaxy where this parasite is spreading like he does.
    *Meanwhile, Tara's Quarters. Tara is comforting Karen in Karen's old room, Karen sniffling as she wipes away a few tears.*

Karen *sniffling, resentful*: I don't need her... It's better off this way...

Tara: You don't mean that...

Karen *sniffling*: If she's so afraid of me, why should I care about her?

Tara: You know that's not true.

Karen *angry*: She told me I reminded her of Jane! How else should I take that?!

Tara: Who are you angry at, sweetie?

Karen *resentful*: Serah...!

Tara: Really?

Karen *sniffling*:... No...

*She leans into Tara and starts to sob again.*

Tara: You're going to be okay, baby... I'm here as long as you need me...

Karen *sniffling, resentful*: I hate her... I hate her, I hate her! I hate that s**tty cloned piece of trash! I hate her!

Tara: Shhh... I know...

*She holds Karen close and rocks her motherly as Karen weeps, kissing her head comfortingly.*
    Ooc: will probably post tomorrow. Yesterday and today have not been good days at all.
    Osman is training in the holo deck going through some cqc programs. She pauses as the door opens and Harrison walks in.

Harrison: do you have a moment?

Osman: maybe. What is it you want to discuss.

She grabs a towel and a bottle of water as she walks over to him.

Harrison: a job offer for you. Since you aren’t going to be going back to RNI I figured you might want to take a job with me and my organization.

Osman: you don’t waste time do you Harrison.

Harrison smiles

Harrison: well given what’s going on and how little most of the galaxy as a whole has very little knowledge about the real threat I don’t like taking a long time on these sort of things.

Osman: I appreciate the offer but for right now I have to decline. Maybe when we have this all under control again but for right now i have to pass.

Harrison: fair enough. Just know the offer remains. Oh and I thought you might like to know the first simulated test of the new ship came back good. Tomorrow she goes out into space.

Osman: good the sooner we get it out the better.

Harrison: I’ve convinced Carter that you are still the best choice to command her. Don’t make me regret that decision.