test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disconnected Again and Again!

section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
What is going on with the LAG and the disconnects? It keeps happening with every TFO and I end up with leaver penalties. My ship feels like it has a tipler cylinder stuck in rinse and repeat. Why is this happening?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• drtomma#4726 drtomma Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    A lot of us have the same problem.. it started a few hours ago.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,345 Arc User
    I was on this morning, no problems. This evening, I couldn't even get the button to start the TFO to acknowledge I'd pressed it.

So I went to fiddle with a costume in CO (there's a costume contest next week for "Dark Reflections" - I plan to do an evil take on Hypernova). Got SNR'd in the middle of choosing a new chest symbol.

Don't have the time (or, frankly, the interest) right now to run a tracert, as I'm expected in West Virginia momentarily. Given the lack of interference with other online services, however, I strongly suspect we're having issues with Akamai again.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Same thing here.. I don't bother with it anymore.. I am sick of this TRIBBLE. As soon as this starts, I just log out and I am done for the day.

I am sick of all this lag and all these server issues. Very frustrating, I find I am just better off taking a deep breath, letting it go and playing something less frustrating.

Shame because this really is one of my favorite games.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I wonder what the common factor is here that's affecting people. My local friends and I have had none of this happen to us during recent events.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,345 Arc User
    For me, salazarraze, the common factor is the time of day. Between about 5pm and 8pm Pacific, the connections between here and Cryptic have gone to Gre'thor for the past couple of days. (Before that, no problem.) I suspect Akamai shenanigans, or possibly something going on somewhere in cyberspace of which I'm unaware.

I don't know if others experience this at those times, and I'm hoping the phenomenon ends before next Friday (the costume contest I mentioned starts at 4pm, and I'd hate for everyone to miss out on Hypernova's evil alternate Collapsar).
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    It would be nice if Cryptic stepped up and gave fleet marks per TFO to the players who keep getting disconnected. I probably got a better chance of them fixing the problem in the first place.
    I just call this game 'lag roulette' in it's current state. After all the problems yesterday, today it's butter smooth without a hint of lag in anything I do. No disconnects, no lag or slow loading.. guess it just depends on the day. :lol:
  • shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    I just call this game 'lag roulette' in it's current state. After all the problems yesterday, today it's butter smooth without a hint of lag in anything I do. No disconnects, no lag or slow loading.. guess it just depends on the day. :lol:

That's how it's been for me the past five days , some days go without a problem and then its a nightmare .

"There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    Well today the exchange ate two ships and locked itself up. I can't price or post items. The TFO lag is back with a vengeance. It loves zooming in on my ship and forcing me to reorient my position as waves of bad guys suddenly descend upon my position.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,912 Arc User
    I had no problems taking my Rom Delta Recruit through a couple of missions earlier this afternoon.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • blackshap9#1072 blackshap9 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »

Don't have the time (or, frankly, the interest) right now to run a tracert, as I'm expected in West Virginia momentarily. Given the lack of interference with other online services, however, I strongly suspect we're having issues with Akamai again.

HAHAHAAHAHHA Too funny.
  • alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User

That's how it's been for me the past five days , some days go without a problem and then its a nightmare .

Same here. Just been hopping in, dealing with reps, running the event and logging, maybe on 20 minutes... 5 days: one day that didn't have a server not responding, one day the account couldn't even connect after a SNR, one day of SNR VENGEANCE!!!!! (7 in the time I was trying to play) and one day of repeated 2 minute lag during the event...
  • sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    Same thing here.. I don't bother with it anymore.. I am sick of this TRIBBLE. As soon as this starts, I just log out and I am done for the day.

I am sick of all this lag and all these server issues. Very frustrating, I find I am just better off taking a deep breath, letting it go and playing something less frustrating.

They ain't gonna fix it, if they were, it would already be done, they just want the money to keep coming in and sweep the problems under the carpet.
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,382 Arc User
    sniper1187 wrote: »

They ain't gonna fix it, if they were, it would already be done, they just want the money to keep coming in and sweep the problems under the carpet.

They are trying to fix it, there is not a simple solution in this case. Do you think Cryptic likes that players are having this problem? No. They need money because this is a business and no they are not sweeping the problems under the carpet.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    sthe91 wrote: »

They are trying to fix it, there is not a simple solution in this case. Do you think Cryptic likes that players are having this problem? No. They need money because this is a business and no they are not sweeping the problems under the carpet.

As long as the issue has been going on, I am convinced that they're simply unable to fix it.

Either that, or the fix is too expensive.
  • alidarjalidarj Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    This is completely ridiculous, I keep getting disconnected roughly 4-5 times an hour on average since the launch of 'House Divided' last week, it's driving me insane enough to sign a contract written by a Ferengi without reading it first, I did manage to get several hours without a disconnect last night from 10pm-1:30am EDT, so i thought whatever was going on had somehow been fixed, so far today since i first logged in around 3pm EDT, the issue seems to have returned with a vengeance, it's more annoying than Q, and i know that should mean something.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I got disconnected from time to time too... but only when i log in or change chars... annoying, yes... but less that the first week of release on this expansion..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,912 Arc User
    I've been lucky in the d/c department. I do suffer a lot of rubberbanding in certain areas and I can work around that.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    Just did a Starbase alert, went to use Photonic 3 ability, hit it, lag hits, no ships appear, useless call. cryptic, no problems here. pppffftt. lol
    echatty wrote: »
    I've been lucky in the d/c department. I do suffer a lot of rubberbanding in certain areas and I can work around that.

Same, I get lag but disconnects are very rare for me.
    Just did a Starbase alert, went to use Photonic 3 ability, hit it, lag hits, no ships appear, useless call. cryptic, no problems here. pppffftt. lol

That's the best.. when you hit an ability and the lag makes the ability not fire, but it still goes on cooldown. Gotta love that! :lol:
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Disconnections aren't a problem for me its the rubberbanding. I've played less and less over last 7 days as getting fed up with it.

Despite Cryptic having a survey, a Lag thread which has been removed in General Discussions and been looking into this since at least October last year which is 8 months, I feel assured that the issues we are seeing will still be here this time next year. That's if any of us decide to stick around

[img][Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/iwLe95i.jpg)[/img]
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
    Disconnections aren't a problem for me its the rubberbanding. I've played less and less over last 7 days as getting fed up with it.

Despite Cryptic having a survey, a Lag thread which has been removed in General Discussions and been looking into this since at least October last year which is 8 months, I feel assured that the issues we are seeing will still be here this time next year. That's if any of us decide to stick around

Been playing more and more Star Citizen, god the graphics are beautiful, controls response time is in millsecs.
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User

Been playing more and more Star Citizen, god the graphics are beautiful, controls response time is in millsecs.

Thanks for the heads up I will take a look into that game
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
This discussion has been closed.