test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Protect Pahvo!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
We're launching a brand new event on May 7th, where you can defend Pahvo in space or on the ground, and progress towards your choice of a T6 Ship and 200 Lobi, or 1000 Lobi! Plus, find out our plans for the next part of 2020 here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11407923

Comments

• foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I see Cryptic is still nerfing the amount of Specialization Points rewarded down to 1. I suppose this is the new norm by Cryptic to reduce rewards. Perhaps there's a Specialization Point Bundle package in STO's future.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    @foppotee#4552

Read again. It is THREE Reward Choice Boxes with either a Spec Point or Upgrade.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    @foppotee#4552

Read again. It is THREE Reward Choice Boxes with either a Spec Point or Upgrade.

3x Featured TFO Reward Boxes

Each gives a choice of 1x Specialization Point or an Enhanced Universal Tech Upgrade

Got it this time, not sure how I missed it, thanks.
  • awesomeweaselawesomeweasel Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    is the bonus dilithium after completing the event actually going to pay out the proper amount this time around or we going yo get short changed again and only get 8k a day and none of the bonus like in the 1st contact event?

we use get get 50k dilithium for completing an event amd you cut that in half and we use get 2,500 1st day and it would go up 2,500 each day after that and it worked fine. now you completely change the dilithium payout after the event and does not work at all the way it is suppose to.

so doing the buyout would not get you extra dilithium like it use to that for sure, does not even pay to do the buyout any more.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Should be good this time as this is a normal Featured TFO and the Event Engine was set for that. The First Day Contact Event was fouled up because they jammed the old three-day Event into the 21-day normal TFO Event. Then added in AFK Conditions, Quality checks onto that without good testing. They also took the Rewards from last year's three-day FDC Event (only one Spec Point) and put it in here.

I do have to say that they more than made up for that with the 150k XP Boost in the Badge Selection Box. That could be one a day for each of your Characters that ran it.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • awesomeweaselawesomeweasel Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    Should be good this time as this is a normal Featured TFO and the Event Engine was set for that. The First Day Contact Event was fouled up because they jammed the old three-day Event into the 21-day normal TFO Event. Then added in AFK Conditions, Quality checks onto that without good testing. They also took the Rewards from last year's three-day FDC Event (only one Spec Point) and put it in here.

I do have to say that they more than made up for that with the 150k XP Boost in the Badge Selection Box. That could be one a day for each of your Characters that ran it.

if all your toons are already level 65 the 150xp boost does not make up for the loss of the bonus dilithium
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    any elite marks awarded for doing advanced? or just choice of regular marks regardless of difficulty.

edit: confirmed - advanced ground gave elite mark for discovery PLUS choice of regular marks
    Post edited by tigeraries on
    tigeraries wrote: »
    any elite marks awarded for doing advanced? or just choice of regular marks regardless of difficulty.

edit: confirmed - advanced ground gave elite mark for discovery PLUS choice of regular marks

Oh that is very nice :-)
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    A note for the Devs...

I've yet to complete this leg of the Event Campaign and collect a KIDD Drone, but when I went to place one of my turrets, a KIDD popped up. It just floated there for a bit before disappearing. No harm, just weird. :/
    Post edited by zedbrightlander1 on
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • syagriansyagrian Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Can anyone actually play? Server seems to be hosed up.