test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The real Endeavor is other people

predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
Something ain't right when the "challenge" is having to compete with everyone else to get some task done. Like this V-rex thing. Beat just one, sure. That pretty much means camping where they spawn and let everyone else do all the point capturing. Because you'll never get there in time before twenty other people wipe it out. And my god, the "Kill 60 Gorn on Nimbus" thing. Hope you like instance hopping.

The list goes on.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    Maybe the real Endeavor was the friends we made along the way...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    jonsills wrote: »
    Maybe the real Endeavor was the friends we made along the way...

Oh you definitely get to ride in da Stompa! For you know da meanin' of love. Also Lenny the Ork brought be a bunny. ;)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Well there is a case to be made that a number of these endeavors are very poorly designed. Obviously the nimbus endeavors are really frustrating because there are only so many enemies and they take a while to respawn. Why also are the arthropod kills required double what the Gorn kills are? That can be fixed pretty easily by tweaking the numbers, though.

The V-rex is a bigger design problem, but if they made it so you kill a V-rex or capture 3 points, that would be way less of a problem to complete.

It isn't the players fault, though. Don't blame the player, blame the game.
    Well there is a case to be made that a number of these endeavors are very poorly designed. Obviously the nimbus endeavors are really frustrating because there are only so many enemies and they take a while to respawn. Why also are the arthropod kills required double what the Gorn kills are? That can be fixed pretty easily by tweaking the numbers, though.
    One workaround, as I have been frustrated by that, is to find a less populated instance.
    The V-rex is a bigger design problem, but if they made it so you kill a V-rex or capture 3 points, that would be way less of a problem to complete.

Might be doable, because as is I think it promotes camping the V-Rex more than actually participating. Someone in another thread advocated for having everyone beamed back to the base when the V-Rex phase starts so that no one can camp the V-Rex.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • villainvilevillainvile Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    How about to couple the Rex universal endeavor with the kill 60 Voth in Dyson Zone very rare daily endeavor? So you must kill Voth to get the Rex.
    Doesn't work that way. Endeavors aren't linked to each other to say "do this to unlock that". If they happen to line up, people would probably stick around for the universal if they happen to have another one in that zone. If not... they move on.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Anthropods need more because there are many more of them. It may take a few minutes if there are a bunch of other groups running around.

Gorns can be done in just about one run through. Start from the back.

The V-Rex is easy. I always go to the Outskirts and never take the 'Capture Two Points' Mission. Between the spawn at the Transporter, the 'Railroad Car' and the Artillery you can just about complete a Hard Voth Endeavor. Then head back to the Transporter and just around the corner is the V-Rex spawn.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Anthropods need more because there are many more of them. It may take a few minutes if there are a bunch of other groups running around.

The V-Rex is easy. I always go to the Outskirts and never take the 'Capture Two Points' Mission. Between the spawn at the Transporter, the 'Railroad Car' and the Artillery you can just about complete a Hard Voth Endeavor. Then head back to the Transporter and just around the corner is the V-Rex spawn.

whaat? there aint that many gorns. I don't do that one anymore because it was taking 4 or 5 circuits around that whole back area. where you hiding these here gorns?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User

There's also the fact that the arthropods are made of wet tissue paper, as opposed to the Gorns being made of standard, dry tissue paper. I just look in the general direction of an arthropod and it dies.

There's some minor inconvenience with those two when they're Very Rare, but it generally comes out about the same in time spent doing it as a Very Rare for anything else at 30 needed.

whaat? there aint that many gorns. I don't do that one anymore because it was taking 4 or 5 circuits around that whole back area. where you hiding these here gorns?

There are probably enough in the whole canyon for a Very Rare version if you happen to be there alone. Maybe a little more. About six per spawn, usually, and there are likely about a dozen spawn points throughout the entire area, not counting Hurlers. Getting the entire area to yourself would be the tricky part, of course.

As far as V-Rexes go, I generally help out in the instance when it is possible/needed, but will make a beeline to the nearest silo when the zone is about one point away from them activating. It's rare that I need to try more than two times to get credit.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Nimbus endeavors should be removed.

They are an unbelievable chore.. they're an automatic re-roll for me. The zone caps are too high, and it's too difficult to get into an instance where you can kill that many Gorn in any reasonable time frame.

Most Endeavors I have no issue with.. the V-Rex one I just skip, the Universal isn't worth much anyway. But those stupid Nimbus ones have to go.. all they are is a reason to use a re-roll token.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Kill voth ships in dyson battlezone is often watching paint dry.

I skip the ones requiring completing x TFOs of a certain type.

Regenerate shields or health can sometimes be annoying, acid bathing on nukara.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    The multiple TFOs of any one category are the only things that I re-roll. It just takes too long, even for the Borg ones. Even having ones that people consider tedious here, I'm generally done with them in about 30 minutes, which is about right for a few daily tasks, at least by my estimation.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    where you hiding these here gorns?

Gornhub

OK, that was funny
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    where you hiding these here gorns?

Gornhub

well, they're not exactly 'hiding' there, are they? everything is out on full display​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Only ones I re-roll are do X TFOs on hard or medium. If I get the easy do X TFO then I'll do that since I only need one.

Other than that, I will do most any other, when I'm playing the game, which I will be starting Friday (I always wait to start those things the day after maint).
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    I reroll all do more than one TFO, last weekend a Borg 2 TFO wouldn't reroll so I did do that.

I reroll all Iconian and Lukari TFOs.

I reroll all heal shields or hit points, Space or Ground.

I reroll all Tzen'kethi Ground.

I reroll H'urq Attendants Ground.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • poddlipoddli Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    Hurq Attendants are a doddle. Do the mission Home, there are enough on the dreadnought for the hard endeavour. The space section gives enough targets for the other endeavour too. Tzenkethi ground - I got partway through Signs and Portents and just left the mission in my log. Transwarp there, beam down, shoot them and beam out, leaving the mission in limbo for next time.

I reroll the TFO endeavours and ground healing stuff.
    edited May 2020
    I don't mind doing 2 Borg TFOs, caught Disconnected adv and ISA pretty quickly and got that endeavor and shoot x Borg ships at the same time. Only other one was an easy Gain Salvage.

Ground/space healing/shields are not a problem either.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Endeavors for me are not important. I have long since stopped chasing after them. Just think of the rewards you get from them, some ec, some dil(like it hard to get), maybe a mark box, and the occasional pass token. So the only real reward here is the Perk point, which just gives you unneeded powercreep.

These are if I happen to do them in the process of doing something else, goof. If not, just as good. I'm not going to tell anyone to stop doing them. But, I do advise you stop an think if they're worth doing to begin with. Most times I can't think of single reason to do them.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    You can also get lots of Attendants on the mission Melting Pot.
    Now a LTS and loving it.

I reroll all Tzen'kethi Ground.

I reroll H'urq Attendants Ground.

I have an easy method on these two, if you're interested.

Next time you get TZ ground, play 'Of Signs and Portents' until you get to the ground part. Get your quota of TZ for the Endavor and beam out. Hide the mission from your log, but don't drop it. Just keep it on that character, and anytime you select it from your journal you start right at the part where you beam down to the planet. Makes this endeavor easy.

I do the exact same with Terrans on the 'Ragnarok' mission. I just continue it right when I beam onto the Enterprise J, get my terrans, and beam out.

Easy peasy. :smile:
    edited May 2020
    Terrans, I use 'Illusion of Communication'

Tzen'kethi, I had used ' Brushfire' in the past but will keep 'Of Signs' in mind

H'urq, I did use 'Home' but I like keeping that at an earlier stage to do H'urq Ships

'Midnight' for Herald Ships

"Staging Area' for travel to Carraya for Destructible Torpedoes, Japori for Space Mats, Archer for Tholians, and Dyson Gateway for anything on there

'Sphere of Influence' for Ground Mats

'Operation Gamma" for Badlands Endeavors

And, "Fistfull of' Grom for any Nimbus $tuff.

Thanks for the info.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    I have one alt that I keep at the ground phase of 'Home' for Hurq ground. I use a 'fresh' run on another alt when I need the ships.

Those are all the ones I use as well except for the Destructible Torps, I use CCA for that. But I'll give yours a try as well. Thanks! :smile:
    edited May 2020
    Keeping an Alt specifically at the Ground Phase is a good idea. Thanks. :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    Kill voth ships in dyson battlezone is often watching paint dry.

I skip the ones requiring completing x TFOs of a certain type.

Regenerate shields or health can sometimes be annoying, acid bathing on nukara.

awwwww THAT's what that dude was doing..... it would be really easy to do the Gorn if they would just make the valley an instance when you get the gorn awry mission. pop the mission, whack the lizards, make some luggage, done. for shields and health, I take an engi to the voth zone, camp the communications relay with the appropriate generator, shield or medical, and usually by capture I have the endeavour done. they are also my go-to for kill a captain, since the big robots with the shields are captains. I'd do Defera but that elite one that walks around is too hit and miss to find.
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
    For the Gorns, start from the end. Take the Transporter from the Bar to the Canyon.

I do love that the Gorns stationed on the cliffs that throw boulders at you have a longer range than our weapons do. :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    "Stsgong Area' for travel to Carraya for Destructible Torpedoes...

<.<
    >.>

Two other viable locations for destructable torps.
    Undine Battlezone and...
    >.>
    <.<

Crystalline Entity.

The homing shards count as destructables.
This discussion has been closed.