test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Bank and event rewards

gileslestradegileslestrade Member Posts: 86 Arc User
So I've been playing for several years on XBOX one, but I've just been playing, letting my inventory fill up on missions, not participating in events, etc. Recently decided to figure out how to empty my inventory, earn zen and so forth.

I have a lot of items in my fleet bank, and I'm wondering how they got there. I am not a member of any fleet to the best of my knowledge. For 6 of my 8 characters, there are many items in the fleet bank. Do some rewards you get go straight to the fleet bank just in case you start or join a fleet? Can I just transfer those items to my inventory and use them? I have a LOT of lockboxes with potential ships. Why are there items in my fleet bank when I'm not a member of a fleet. Where do I check to see if I'm a member of a fleet that I just don't know about? Maybe I accidently accepted an invitation?

Also - after completing the First Contact event, I cycled through my characters to reclaim the reward, and found out that I had a T6 Fek'Ihri S'Torr Warship available to reclaim, but I don't recall ever completing an event and winning this ship. It did not exist for any of my characters, I had to reclaim it for all 8.

Any information would be appreciated.

I'm not even going to ask about reputation, marks, etc. Why did they make this game more complicated than my job?

Comments

• protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    Hi, I play on PC, but let's figure out if you're in a fleet and what banks you have access to and should use just to get started.

Assuming the user interfaces are about the same if you click on the symbol marked in red at the bottom of your mini-map that will bring up your fleet user interface that shows your fleet's progress, roster, projects, etc.

Also, if you see 'Fleet Bank' in your list of banks that would mean you're in a fleet as well.

How did you get into a fleet? Yes, you would have had to accept an invitation. This is not necessarily a bad thing. It gives you access to many nice things. But you may not want to store unbound items in your Fleet bank but rather use your own bank as items stored in the fleet bank are not necessarily yours now but have been donated to the fleet.

If you have an account bank this would be the only way to share account bound items with your other characters (if applicable) aside from using in-game mail for the unbound items.

9wGe2Ko.jpg

kqXaEHk.jpg
  • gileslestradegileslestrade Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Ok, after further investigation through my characters - the ones that have access to a fleet bank have been invited to join fleets, but I have not accepted the invites. However, I haven't rejected them either, they are sitting in my queue to respond to. Is it possible that I have access to the fleets that I have been invited to because I haven't responded yet?
    Ok, after further investigation through my characters - the ones that have access to a fleet bank have been invited to join fleets, but I have not accepted the invites. However, I haven't rejected them either, they are sitting in my queue to respond to. Is it possible that I have access to the fleets that I have been invited to because I haven't responded yet?

On PC at least this would not be possible - fleet bank access without actually accepting the fleet invite and also 'sitting on a fleet invite'.

You've either accepted a fleet invite and are a member with some level of fleet bank access (this is set by the fleet admins), or not and have rejected the invite.

Are you sure that your characters with fleet bank access are NOT actually in a fleet?

If a character has fleet bank access and can bring up the fleet user interface then you ARE a member of a fleet.
    First of all, thanks for helping me figure this out, I do appreciate it.

I haven't been able to find the XBOX equivalent of your PC fleet progress icon, so I'm just looking at the evidence.

When I go to a fleet bank, I get the option to see who has last edited the fleet bank. In several cases, the name of the last editor matches the user name of the player who invited that character to join their fleet. However, in all cases the fleet bank transaction log is blank, which also seems strange.

Now, I have cycled through all of these characters and I now find that I overstepped when I said "Access." Apparently I can see the items in the bank, but I cannot interact. I cannot take something from the bank or add to it, I can only see what is currently in the bank.

Perhaps its a feature not a bug, and lets invitees look at the bank of the fleet they've been invited to so they can gage if it's worth it. I'm assuming I can only be invited to one fleet at a time, and my get invited to different fleets once I take action on the current invites, several of which are very old indeed.

Thanks again for your help.

It is a feature and not a bug but your interpretation may be incorrect.

It's not so much a 'preview' feature that you're seeing but a reflection on how the fleet admins have set permissions for each fleet bank tab.

The withdrawal permissions can be set both by rank and also by number of items per day. Deposits can be allowed or not as well.

You may want to figure out how to access the Fleet user interface on xbox.

Yes, a character can only be a member of one fleet at a time. There is a leave button in the fleet roster which is part of the fleet UI should you ever want to leave a fleet. There's also a section that shows you what permissions you have (i.e. fleet store access) as well.

Best of luck out there.
    So I pretty much confirmed my theory. Was playing with my daughter's character. Someone sent a fleet invite, did not respond to it, and I was able to look at fleet bank but not do anything with it. View only. I then rejected the invite and no longer had access to any fleet bank.
    That is interesting.

But being able to look at something but not do anything with it is really the same as no access.

I honestly doubt this ability is there to allow a potential member to gauge a fleet by what's in their bank if it's even working as intended at all.

Fleets are so much more than the contents of their bank tabs.

Perhaps at some time in the future you might actually accept an invite and get the full tour.
    Have further confirmed the fact that if you have an invitation you can look at the bank of that fleet until you reject the invitation. Don't know if its a feature or a bug.