test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

mission skipping...penalties? are some not skip-able?

keepcalmchiveonkeepcalmchiveon Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
so i am looking at story arcs, and looking at rewards. i know the button says i can skip, but can i skip from say the top all the way to the bottom without penalty, or anywhere in the middle?

meh

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    joeykoricjoeykoric Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    You can skip without any penalties. Just be mindful, that you will not get rewards from the skipped missions, unless you go back and play them later. Also, skipping missions in a story arc might be confusing if you are playing for the stories and not just the action.
    Fleet Admiral Zach Caldwell
    Commanding Officer, Strategic Starfleet Operations
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    Certain missions are not skippable, but usually they are very simple "introductory" missions entering an area... the first episode in the Dyson sphere, for example.

You also can (I believe) only skip if you have previously done the same mission on another character.

There is no penalty for skipping, and you can go back and do them later.

All of the exploring the various parts of the Dyson Sphere missions in that section cannot be skipped. They are the only missions with any combat in them that I can recall that cannot be skipped.
    so i am looking at story arcs, and looking at rewards. i know the button says i can skip, but can i skip from say the top all the way to the bottom without penalty, or anywhere in the middle?

Aside from those few mentioned above, you can indeed skip all the way to the end. I did that on a character shortly after it became possible and played the episodes backwards just to see how it went. I would recommend giving a character that does that a few million EC to get some nice purple gear to start with, or at least before you start fighting the Hur'q. You'll want to build for speed and wide firing arcs for them. Other than that, it's not so difficult, and was actually quite fun.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
This discussion has been closed.