Install Arc

rp

Comments

• westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,211 Arc User
    ryan218 wrote: »
    westx211 wrote: »
    Susan: Thank you... *she smiles softly* Though it didn't feel like i was in control.

Daya: Hey... I've got a present for you. Call it a victory prize.

Susan: What is it? *she looks very curious, starting to cheer up*

*Daya starts dragging her towards the bedroom.*

Daya: Let me show you.

*The next morning, Karen leads Serah onto the holodeck for one of her 'blow-off steam' sessions. It may be apparent to Serah that Karen hasn't programmed in the usual hologram. Karen's come to the holodeck in her workout gear, ostensibly to train while Serah was beating on the training hologram, but again there's no apparent change to the program to allow for that.*

Serah: Is something going on Karen? *she seems a bit confused, in her workout gear but she looks around wondering why the hologram hasn't been programmed in*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    Susan: Thank you... *she smiles softly* Though it didn't feel like i was in control.

Daya: Hey... I've got a present for you. Call it a victory prize.

Susan: What is it? *she looks very curious, starting to cheer up*

*Daya starts dragging her towards the bedroom.*

Daya: Let me show you.

*The next morning, Karen leads Serah onto the holodeck for one of her 'blow-off steam' sessions. It may be apparent to Serah that Karen hasn't programmed in the usual hologram. Karen's come to the holodeck in her workout gear, ostensibly to train while Serah was beating on the training hologram, but again there's no apparent change to the program to allow for that.*

Serah: Is something going on Karen? *she seems a bit confused, in her workout gear but she looks around wondering why the hologram hasn't been programmed in*

Karen: Nah, I was just wondering if you were sick of pounding on light bulbs yet?

*She smiles challengingly.*
    Serah: Um... I'd rather not fight you Karen. *she rubs her arm, clearly feeling uncomfortable at the idea*
    Serah: Um... I'd rather not fight you Karen. *she rubs her arm, clearly feeling uncomfortable at the idea*

*Karen frowns, clearly upset.*

Karen *worried*: You've been ducking me every time I've talked about this for the past week now... Because of her?

Karen *worried*: You've been ducking me every time I've talked about this for the past week now... Because of her?

Serah: Yes... *she looks away* I just... I'm afraid. That if we fight... I'll be reminded of what happened...

Serah: Yes... *she looks away* I just... I'm afraid. That if we fight... I'll be reminded of what happened...

*That hits Karen like a spear through the heart.*

Karen *upset*: So, what, I look too much like that b**** for you to have fun with me anymore? You really think you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between me and Jane?!

*Anger clearly creeps into Karen's voice, weeks of lightly repressed anger towards Jane combining with days of anxiety around Serah and the sudden stress. She clenched her fists.*

Karen *upset*: So, what, I look too much like that b**** for you to have fun with me anymore? You really think you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between me and Jane?!

*Anger clearly creeps into Karen's voice, weeks of lightly repressed anger towards Jane combining with days of anxiety around Serah and the sudden stress. She clenched her fists.*

Serah: No its not that... I can still have fun with you. Its just... I'm worried that if we get too into things... I'll start having flashbacks to her... *she cowers a little as she hears the anger in her voice*

Serah: No its not that... I can still have fun with you. Its just... I'm worried that if we get too into things... I'll start having flashbacks to her... *she cowers a little as she hears the anger in her voice*

Karen *hurt, angry*: So you do think you won't be able to tell the difference!

*She closes her eyes, trying to hold back the tears as she shakes.*

Then maybe we need to fight...
    Serah: Karen... please no... *she shakes her head, backing away a little*
    Serah: Karen... please no... *she shakes her head, backing away a little*

*Karen stares at her, pained. She looks almost ready to hit Serah, just needing to lash out, but she can't bring herself to do it. Instead, she sniffs a little and goes to leave, shoving Serah out of the way a little roughly.*
    Serah: Karen... *she stays silent, starting to cry and letting her leave, eventually locking the door and curling up as she begins to sob, wondering whats wrong with herself*
    Serah: Karen... *she stays silent, starting to cry and letting her leave, eventually locking the door and curling up as she begins to sob, wondering whats wrong with herself*

*Karen runs back to their Quarters, diving onto the bed and beating on it as she sobs into the pillow.*
  • logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    Kovan is in his quarters at the Karee embassy waiting to hear from Lang for them to meet for a meal. His comm beeps as he answers it.

Kovan: go ahead.

Mako: sir I’m sorry to disturb you do you have a moment. It’s urgent.

Kovan: Mako my friend I didn’t realize you and the rest of the men and ships had made it. Are you in orbit?

Mako: no not yet sir. But what I have to sadly inform you of can not wait.

Kovan: Mako what’s going on what happened.

Mako: your father has died. You as his eldest son are now the supreme commander of the Karee Empire.

Kovan falls into his chair speechless and trying to grasp what has just been told to him.

Kovan: how did it happen.

Mako: that is best if we discuss when I arrive your highness. I will arrive at the capital in a few hours and will tell you everything then.

Kovan nods as Mako salutes before closing the channel. Kovan sits there for a few moments in silence. Processing the information and growing concerned with how Mako looked and acted. They had been friends since childhood. He knew how to read his expressions and something told him that something was very wrong.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
    *Serah doesn't know what to do, so eventually she gets out of the holodeck and heads to her moms' room, needing their help right now*
    *Serah doesn't know what to do, so eventually she gets out of the holodeck and heads to her moms' room, needing their help right now*

*Samana lets her in and immediately can see she's upset.*

Samana: Serah? What's wrong? *She pulls Serah into a hug.

Meanwhile, Karen eventually leaves their Quarters and heads to the gym, venting (unsuccessfully) on a training bag.*
    Serah: *she just cries quietly for a moment* What's wrong with me Mom? Why can't I just be normal... Karen and I had a fight... and not the physical kind... I don't want to spar with her because of... *her*. And Karen got angry and was yelling at me about how I can't tell them both apart...

Freya: *comes into the gym with some gear, planning on lifting weights when she notices Karen* Karen? Something up? You seem angrier than normal.
    Serah: *she just cries quietly for a moment* What's wrong with me Mom? Why can't I just be normal... Karen and I had a fight... and not the physical kind... I don't want to spar with her because of... *her*. And Karen got angry and was yelling at me about how I can't tell them both apart...

Freya: *comes into the gym with some gear, planning on lifting weights when she notices Karen* Karen? Something up? You seem angrier than normal.

*Samana kisses her on the forehead and leads her to the sofa.*

Samana: Nothing's wrong with you, sweetie. You're just having a rough time...

Tell me what happened.

*Gym. Karen yells out as she throws a back spin kick into the bag, only rivalled for decibels by the crack from the impact, which draws a few glances.*

Karen *quietly (trying to disguise how upset she is), panting*: Nothing... Just having a bad day...

*She's still shaking, before starting to beat on the bag again. She's pushing herself too far, not stopping to recover her stamina, even with her adrenaline enhancements.*
    Freya: Karen... *she comes up from behind and holds Karen close exactly how Tara would* Stop... you're hurting yourself...

*Lilly comes in and Serah explains to them everything that happened in the holodeck and why she hasn't sparred with Karen since Jane r**** her*
    Freya: Karen... *she comes up from behind and holds Karen close exactly how Tara would* Stop... you're hurting yourself...

*Lilly comes in and Serah explains to them everything that happened in the holodeck and why she hasn't sparred with Karen since Jane r**** her*

*Karen struggles a little.*

Karen *upset*: I don't care!

*Samana and Lilly's Quarters.*

Samana: You're afraid you'll lose control?
    Freya: I care. *she hugs her a little tighter, her motherly instincts winning*

Serah: No! Not at all... I'm afraid... if we fight... and get too into things... I'll flashback to... Jane. I would never confused Karen for her... but i'm scared of being reminded of Jane.
    Freya: I care. *she hugs her a little tighter, her motherly instincts winning*

Serah: No! Not at all... I'm afraid... if we fight... and get too into things... I'll flashback to... Jane. I would never confused Karen for her... but i'm scared of being reminded of Jane.

Samana: I understand...

*She holds her comfortingly.*

Wasn't the idea of you going to the holodeck to try and help you vent out your anxiety about Jane?

*Gym. Karen stops struggling and falls into the hug, quietly sobbing.*
    Serah: That was the idea... i guess its not working...

Freya: Let's get you home... *She picks up Karen, keeping her close and safe as she carries her to Tara's quarters hoping she's there*

Freya: Let's get you home... *She picks up Karen, keeping her close and safe as she carries her to Tara's quarters hoping she's there*

Samana: What do you want to do?

*Tara's Quarters. Tara is there, and quickly sits Karen down and sets her up with something to eat and drink, staying with her to comfort her.*
    Halsey: no I won’t do it.

Holland: come on you don’t really have a choice in the matter Doctor. ONI has chosen to work with him so that means you and him are going to have to work together to try to stop this parasite.

Halsey: over my dead body.

Anders walks in holding her mug

Anders: oh what did you do now colonel.

Halsey: he expects me to work with Xanatos and his team on the parasite problem.

Anders: oh. Good luck with that one Holland.

Holland lets out a sigh

Holland: listen I don’t expect you to like him or he’ll to even get along but you do need to work together on trying to find a way to stop this. Ok.

He gets up heading for the door.

Holland: he will arrive in a few hours. So at least try to be civil when he gets here. Ok.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
    Kovan is waiting as Mako beams down to the embassy. Mako quickly salutes as he materializes.

Mako: sir. Thank you for seeing me.

Kovan: come we will talk in private. Zin make sure we are not disturbed.

His aide nods as they walk into his private study. Once alone Kovan sits down motioning towards a seat for mako as well.

Kovan: we have been friends a long time. Now I need you to be honest with me. What happened and what is still going on now.

Mako: a lot has happened since you have been away. Many have seen your absence as a chance to gain power for themselves.

Kovan: the families are breaking up aren’t they.

Mako: May I speak bluntly.

Kovan: of course you can.

Mako: your father kept them in line online by brute force and sheer will. He had little time to deal with other things. Because of that things back home in the empire are not as good as they once where. Many old enemies are rising up again pushing back. Because his attention was on controlling the other families he had little time to deal with them. I believe other families are making deals with our former enemies to secure their own power.

Kovan: what can we do?

Mako: I’m afraid not much. Your father knew what was going to happen. That is why he sent me and my forces here. Sadly we really can’t depend on anyone else.

Kovan: how much of the military do you have?

Mako: a large portion to be sure. 4500 ships and over 4 million troops.

Kovan: so much for a mighty empire. I’m sorry this is all my fault. Had I been home I could have...

Mako: no you couldn’t have. This has been going on for far longer then me or you have been in positions of power. Sadly we are just the ones it happens to. Perhaps one day it will return to its glory but for now we can better serve and help everyone by helping the younger governments we are allied with.

Kovan: yes I suppose your right.

Mako gets up.

Mako: I should go back to my ship to oversee the rest of our men’s arrival. That reminds me. I have this for you.

He hands him a small crystal and a roll of paper.

Mako: I’ll report once we have everyone here and ready.

He salutes as he beams back to his ship. Kovan letting out a tired sigh as he sets the crystal down. He holds his hand over it releasing a small burst of energy activating it as his father appears.
    As he sits alone the image of his father appears from the crystal.

Zuko: my son I know we have not spoken properly in some time. There are many things I still want to tell you and teach you but I fear my time is coming to an end. I have tried to keep this empire together but I fear now it is to late. I have grown tired and weak and can not keep the other families in line as I once had. You may think I sent you away to be at the embassy where you are to avoid you. Know that is not true. I did so to try and protect you. Knowing if you where far away they would not try to make any move on you there. Mako will have all the men and ships loyal to our family and the empire with him. Lead them well. Know that I will always be with you. This crystal contains many other messages that will appear when you need wisdom. Not just from me but from all the leaders and teachers of the past. I have faith you will be able to one day rebuild that which was lost my son. I love you always and always will.

As the image fades Kovan closes his eyes as a tear runs down his face. He takes a deep breath trying to get his composure back.

*Tara's Quarters. Tara is there, and quickly sits Karen down and sets her up with something to eat and drink, staying with her to comfort her.*

Freya: I don't know what happened, I just found her hitting a punching bag so hard she hurt herself so I took her to you.

Serah: I don't know... I don't know anything anymore... I just want Karen to be happy...

Freya: I don't know what happened, I just found her hitting a punching bag so hard she hurt herself so I took her to you.

Serah: I don't know... I don't know anything anymore... I just want Karen to be happy...

Tara: Thanks... I haven't seen her like this since...

*Samana's and Lilly's Quarters.*

Samana: Maybe, and I'm not saying I'm right, but maybe you should try confronting your fear?

Talk to Karen... Explain how you feel. Then if you do have a problem while sparring with her, she can help you?

I'm sure all she wants is for you to be happy too. *Hugs her.*

Samana: Maybe, and I'm not saying I'm right, but maybe you should try confronting your fear?

Talk to Karen... Explain how you feel. Then if you do have a problem while sparring with her, she can help you?

Freya: Since *her*? *she tries to avoid talking about Jane*

Serah: But how...? How do I confront it? Karen didn't seem too interested in helping me... she just seemed angry over what I was afraid of...

Freya: Since *her*? *she tries to avoid talking about Jane*

Serah: But how...? How do I confront it? Karen didn't seem too interested in helping me... she just seemed angry over what I was afraid of...

*Tara nods.

Samana and Lilly's Quarters.*

Samana: That's why you two need to talk about it. I'm sure Karen just misunderstood.