test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ark Royal class

oliverrogerr#5018 oliverrogerr Member Posts: 105 Arc User
this game has only 1 pure carrier ship created from the federation the jupiter class, don’t get me wrong, it’s a very good ship, but the beautiful Ark Royal class would be excellent in the game and would help close this gap that is the lack of carriers in the federation with its own design!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Indeed if the ship didn't show up in TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT, DSC, PIC or the movies it's not avaible for Cryptic as a rule of thumb there's some exceptions but they're special cases.
  • oclosoclos Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    They could come up with a variant(say, 5 nacelles {one of which positioned like the 3rd from 3-nacelled Galaxy} and a variant saucer and bits here and there) and nobody could say something about it, cause classic Fed designs are based on a handful kitbashed ones anyway.
    Adm. Necheyev didn't own ANY Starfleet ships. Starfleet did. Also she didn't make one bolt, connect a single wire, gelpack or device, or otherwise helped on making them. I find it presumptuous she claimed it was HER ships. In fact saying as much would probably warranty a reprimand from any of her superiors in Federation and possibly not participating in said actions as other superior personnel do, would in our days(2409 onwards) result in herself facing the same fate as what she has threatened, in that same penal colony.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    oclos wrote: »
    They could come up with a variant(say, 5 nacelles {one of which positioned like the 3rd from 3-nacelled Galaxy} and a variant saucer and bits here and there) and nobody could say something about it, cause classic Fed designs are based on a handful kitbashed ones anyway.

The Arc Royal is rather nice looking, though not available for Cryptic to use legally. The fact that Federation designs are mainly kitbashes of earlier ships actually works against something like that though, since it could cause legal problems no one wants.

And they would not have to go far if they wanted to do something like that anyway, the Star Cruiser (which is one of my favorites btw) is quite similar in style for instance which is why it is unlikely that there will ever be a carrier version of it even though it would be perfect for side-launched fighter bays along the long 'secondary' hull.

651px-Ship_Variant_-_FED_-_Sentinel_Star_Cruiser_%28T5%29.jpg?version=4d580bffa9962518857966df72fa54d5

edited May 2020
    True that tastes differ. Personally I do not think the Jupiter is exactly ugly since it has at least some of the kind of organic curves that the TOS Enterprise had instead of just the circle-section curves that were so common later on, though it is far from a favorite for me either.

I do like the Caitian carrier design, which is technically Federation, and I think it would make a good T6 Fed carrier.

The Federation design aesthetic has a lot of untapped potential, though it puzzles me how CBS misses the mark almost every time and ends up with graceless, ugly, industrial surplus looking ships.
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    This can't happen, for reasons that have been explained before. Check out point 15 of the FCT thread here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1245086/the-f-c-t-frequently-created-threads-list-2-0
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    oclos wrote: »

"Use the Ark Royal design but change it a little" = IP theft that Cryptic could be sued over.

"Come up with an original design using elements of canon ships that Cryptic has a license for" = OK.

Cryptic is more likely to take the second approach if they decide to offer another Federation Starfleet carrier.
  • ulysses359#8595 ulysses359 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    A Tier 6 STARCRUISER would be great. I suggest it as a Flight Deck Carrier, with a Layout something like this:

Weapons: 5/3
    Bridge Officer Stations:
    1 Lieutenant Commander Tactical,
    1 Lieutenant Commander Engineering/Command,
    1 Commander Engineering,
    1 Lieutenant Universal,
    1 Ensign Science

Console: 4 Tactical, 5 Engineering, 2 Science

2 Hanger Bays.
    Post edited by ulysses359#8595 on
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    this game has only 1 pure carrier ship created from the federation the jupiter class, don’t get me wrong, it’s a very good ship, but the beautiful Ark Royal class would be excellent in the game and would help close this gap that is the lack of carriers in the federation with its own design!

Oh no! Poor feddybears only have ONE dedicated T6 carrier? KDF and Roms don't have any.......

Lets give those poor 3rd world Klinks a pity ship and then you feddy bears can have a the usual series of 4, much better, designs ok?

Oh no! Poor feddybears only have ONE dedicated T6 carrier? KDF and Roms don't have any.......

Lets give those poor 3rd world Klinks a pity ship and then you feddy bears can have a the usual series of 4, much better, designs ok?

Isn't the Rom Kelvin Timeline ship a carrier, if true then Romulan do in fact have a T6 carrier that's exclusive to them.

this one

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Kelvin_T'laru_Intel_Carrier_Warbird

This FED hate is getting silly when feel you nee to lie to justify it.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    And the klinks also have the sarcophagus BUT those are buried in the gamblebox system.

Unless you're suggesting that this fed carrier also gets added to one

Either way it would still mean that the roms and kdf don't have a faction specific carrier on the store.
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    And the klinks also have the sarcophagus BUT those are buried in the gamblebox system.

Either way it would still mean that the roms and kdf don't have a faction specific carrier on the store.

Yup ALL the good Klingon and Romulan stuff is lockbox. Only feds have a zen dedicated T6 carrier.

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Ok... lets keep the factional ranting out and focus on the topic please.
    The fact of the matter is that Romulans and Klingons DO have something at least. And honestly I think I've seen more Sarcos and T'Lerus than I have Jupiters.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The fact of the matter is that Romulans and Klingons DO have something at least. And honestly I think I've seen more Sarcos and T'Lerus than I have Jupiters.

Stating the facts is not ranting. ALL the best KDF ships are gamblebox.

• lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    edited May 2020

I'd love to see it and the Yamato Battleship (obviously would need a different name though) plus some of the designs for Klingons and Romulans...but because it was made by someone else it will never be in game unfortunately

You can make something that kind resembles what it could look like in the 25th century with the Command Battlecruiser skins, it isn't a carrier but it does have a hangar bay.
    spiritborn wrote: »

Isn't the Rom Kelvin Timeline ship a carrier, if true then Romulan do in fact have a T6 carrier that's exclusive to them.

this one

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Kelvin_T'laru_Intel_Carrier_Warbird

This FED hate is getting silly when feel you nee to lie to justify it.

Oh yeah...one carrier and it costs over half a billion ec, fact of the matter is Feds are the only one who has a T6 carrier that can be bought off the c-store and account wide. (Two if we count the Temporal Discovery Connie from the legendary pack)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I was pointing out that there ARE factional Carrier options when people were saying there are none. Method of acquisition was not a factor in the statement. Carriers DO exist. Yea it may be more inconvenient than a C-Store purchase, but the fact remains, they exist.

Some people seem to enjoy pretending that unless its C-Store, then it is non existant.
    Also we have the Flight Deck Assault Carriers in the C-Store, which have two hanger slots. Allied species designs yes, but if we look at some of the KDF ships, they have integrated several Orion designs into their fleet, so the Blackguard can be considered a KDF Carrier. If you want to split hairs and say SPECIFICALLY that there is no T6 Klingon carrier... then odds are just wait for this Year of Klingon to progress. Odds are one is coming.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    I was pointing out that there ARE factional Carrier options when people were saying there are none. Method of acquisition was not a factor in the statement. Carriers DO exist. Yea it may be more inconvenient than a C-Store purchase, but the fact remains, they exist.

Some people seem to enjoy pretending that unless its C-Store, then it is non existant.
    Also we have the Flight Deck Assault Carriers in the C-Store, which have two hanger slots. Allied species designs yes, but if we look at some of the KDF ships, they have integrated several Orion designs into their fleet, so the Blackguard can be considered a KDF Carrier. If you want to split hairs and say SPECIFICALLY that there is no T6 Klingon carrier... then odds are just wait for this Year of Klingon to progress. Odds are one is coming.

You do realize that not everyone had a couple dozen farming alts to make tons of dilitium right? That not everyone can look at spending almost a billion ec like it's a drop in the bucket?

Maybe some people themes count? That maybe someone actually wants a Klingon or Romulan carrier that is not from another universe, timeline, or the past? Especially when we consider KDF was THEE carrier faction...now Feds do everything and the other factions do nothing...wonder why Feds are so popular?
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    The Ark Royal Class is from Starfleet Command II: Empires at War, a video game published by Interplay. Thus, any ships made for it are property of Interplay, and Cryptic can't use them.

Cryptic can use them with enough effort, but it is not worth the effort to get permission from Interplay to use these ships. As shown by the effort Cryptic went through to get access to the Vesta.
    starkaos wrote: »
    The Ark Royal Class is from Starfleet Command II: Empires at War, a video game published by Interplay. Thus, any ships made for it are property of Interplay, and Cryptic can't use them.

Cryptic can use them with enough effort, but it is not worth the effort to get permission from Interplay to use these ships. As shown by the effort Cryptic went through to get access to the Vesta.

True enough but the effort is by no way trivial, which is probably why Cryptic hasn't done it more then twice (with the Vesta and Luna).
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Klingons and Roms have Flight deck carriers, the Blackguard and the Silik, they are Orion and Suliban, but they do... full carriers, yes, the T'laru, Klingons have the Durgath, a Heavy Dread, but can carry 4 frigates and the Romulans have the Valkis (the only one i dont have), but no T6 c-store full carriers, i hope they can solve that soon, we also need more romulan hangar pets, like the Kestrel Runabout or something like that, to date, there is only the Scorpions, The cell ships, the Drones (only for the Scim and T'laru), and the Craeul frigates limited to the Valkis, so, if you are not lucky, or do a lot of savings to buy from the exchange, you are out of a lot of choices..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • kikskenkiksken Member Posts: 664 Arc User
    If it is lockbox, they do NOT have it!
    What kind of thinking is that?
    We should take your ships and put it into these theft boxes, how would you feel about that?
    Klingons don't get drunk.
    They just get less sober.
    kiksken wrote: »
    We should take your ships and put it into these theft boxes, how would you feel about that?

I have to agree, lockboxed ships are effectively inaccessible to a lot of people so it is not the same thing as having them readily available. Whales can get whatever they want, but FtP players (which probably outnumber the rest by quite a bit) have a much more limited selection to choose from.
    kiksken wrote: »

I have to agree, lockboxed ships are effectively inaccessible to a lot of people so it is not the same thing as having them readily available. Whales can get whatever they want, but FtP players (which probably outnumber the rest by quite a bit) have a much more limited selection to choose from.

Basically what I was saying earlier in the thread...

Lock box ships are very hard to obtain for the average player and so often those goal posts ended moving thanks to many factors, other than the price of converting dilithium to zen the price of a c-store ship is stable and not only that it's much cheaper and it's a account wide unlock

(Not to mention I've kept my eye on the T'laru since I was thinking about perhaps buying one some day and it's typically one of the most expensive lock box ships. I'm guessing because it's the only T6 Romulan carrier.)
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    True that tastes differ. Personally I do not think the Jupiter is exactly ugly since it has at least some of the kind of organic curves that the TOS Enterprise had instead of just the circle-section curves that were so common later on, though it is far from a favorite for me either.

I do like the Caitian carrier design, which is technically Federation, and I think it would make a good T6 Fed carrier.

The Federation design aesthetic has a lot of untapped potential, though it puzzles me how CBS misses the mark almost every time and ends up with graceless, ugly, industrial surplus looking ships.

sorry the cat box looks too much like the toy in my nightstand.. we can do without more marital aids in the game
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User

roms have no dogs in this fight, since they can use virtually ever ship in the game. so they have access to the Jupiter.

the KDF does have an argument which is why I do hope for a T6 Vo'quv. the thing is.. this is a big argument over a ship class that is not vialbe in almost every way. why fly a lumbering space brick with 6 weapons and 2 hangars when you can fly a FDC that has the same firepower plus 2 hardpoints? or do you really think frigate pets make the difference?
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
This discussion has been closed.