test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can we please get a T6 Oberth

123457»

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    I'm sure a T6 Oberth as an anniversary gift would set the forum ablaze.

Good luck in Australia. It's almost apocalyptic to see those fires in Australia on the news.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    You guys might just get your wish, though not for the anniversary:
    There's TMP era ship in works. (From last night's livestream)

Again, 'might' - it could be a homebaked design ship like the Georgiou class

Did they say how many ships
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I probably should've known that I was going to get disappointed with the ship not getting a release in the foreseeable future.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
    edited February 2020
    Okay so the Oberth among other ships did not get T6 versions during the anniversary, however I recall someone saying that there will be a TMP era ship released some time later this year, however since the Excelsior wasn't one of the ships included in the Legendary ship pack there is a chance they might actually do another version of that ship, the Oberth or the Constellation.
    That would be a shame if so.
    edited March 2020
    The last times we got a science ships was the DIS pack for Fed and KDF last year, and then we got a few in the anniversary pack which were recreations of already existent science ships in the game which will probably not be sold as single ships, however I get the feeling that they won't do anymore single science ships at least if they are not DIS ships, event ships or lockbox/promo ships.
    Is there any likelihood that they will want to release a T6 Oberth?
    With the "year of Klingon" announcement it looks pretty slim that there will be any Fed ships anytime soon. There's always next year if there's a chance that a T6 Oberth will be released.
  • kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    I LOVE the Oberth and would love to see a T6 version. I have to admit tho, I think the Geneva Command BattleCruiser some how captures the essence of the Oberth.

Perhaps it's the ship's stance that is evocative.

ticonderogaa008.jpg

oberth.jpg?w=840&ssl=1

I liked the look so much I purchased it, Though I have to admit I don't fly it much as I don't have a satisfactory build for an 8 year FTP, fleetless, newb. Lol!

I vote YES for a T6 Oberth!

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    Will it have a "Ship explodes when hit" console?
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User

I think is a build-in feature... Grissom Insta-Kill ability..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    The Walker already had one (sort of).

Though seriously speaking the Oberth was used both as a light science ship and a technology test bed so there's plenty of potential console/trait options there.

Personally I'd make a "T6 Oberth" either Intel or MW based support focused scoutship. That would fit the role we see it often without making it a joke.
    I'd settle for the Tier 1 ship getting a secondary deflector and science ship abilities.
    Ideally, it would have higher tier seating, but NOT higher tier weapon loadout. The Oberth should be minimally armed.
    If it was higher tier it wouldn't be the same ship anymore it would just be advancement upon the same ship design. TNG had a bigger more advanced version of the Oberth which was even given special phase cloak technologies. The NX was given a T6 despite how dated the original ship was I don't see why it should be any different for the Oberth.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Honestly, i'll just slap a secondary hull to the Somerville and call it a day! :lol:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
This discussion has been closed.