test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

another oddity...

keepcalmchiveonkeepcalmchiveon Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
so as i was asking in another thread, i am looking for carrier type details, etc...

anyway, i realized i had the cat box carrier from wy back in the day.

so here is the odd part. all my toons cant claim it, aside from the jemmie, and of course the cats i have.

ideas?

the only version of that cat carrier any other toons can see f the fleet version.

meh

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Its only available to fed, and fed aligned chars, nothing more..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    edited May 2020
    yup, i now. all my toons on the fed side cant claim it unless its a cat (i have a cpl) or the jemmie i aligned on the fed side. no other fed toon can see it to claim it.

i should have added that to the post. apologies.

Wow!, thats quite odd, i can claim it with all my fed chars, the others are level 50 at least?, thats a T5 ship, so can only be claimed by level 50 and up..
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Check this on the fed-aligned characters who can't claim it:

Do you have at least 1 active ship slot open, and 1 inventory slot with nothing in your overflow bag?

It does not appear in the T5 tab??, that even more odd... you should post it in the bug section... sure you buy it with zen, wasnt part of a promotion or something?
    Try this command, just in case /lootCancel, it wil clear your "pending", (or at least the game thinks is pending) inventory
    gaevsman wrote: »
    It does not appear in the T5 tab??, that even more odd... you should post it in the bug section... sure you buy it with zen, wasnt part of a promotion or something?

honestly, i cant say 100%. i know it was well over 4 years ago...probably longer that it was obtained. i would lean on a zen buy vs promotion as promos and LBs are not favorable to me...as i have bad luck.

Yeah, is that i have some ships that can only be claimed in the Promotions tab in the c-store, they do not appear anywhere else..
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,596 Arc User
    Try this command, just in case /lootCancel, it wil clear your "pending", (or at least the game thinks is pending) inventory

hmm nice trick.. is there a list of commands like that?
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    This probably falls into the "silly questions" category, but...

On the characters who don't even see it in the list, is there any chance you had already claimed it in the past? I think it was a freebie giveaway one year and if it was claimed it may show at the bottom of the list as "purchased".
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,261 Arc User
    This is definetly odd as the game shouldn't "know" your race, apart from the built in traits races are just visual and the game sees only the factions.

So as far as the game sees it "catian" and "human" should be 100% identical as far as ship limitations go.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Check any Federation aligned Character Level 52 and above that have the problem and see if you have the Admiralty Card for it.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    tagen wrote: »
    This probably falls into the "silly questions" category, but...

On the characters who don't even see it in the list, is there any chance you had already claimed it in the past? I think it was a freebie giveaway one year and if it was claimed it may show at the bottom of the list as "purchased".

i had used it in the past on my cat toons. but it should be an account wide available option. i mean, heck, my jemmie who i made recently can claim it if he wanted. my cats can claim it...the ones that didnt have it already, and thats like 1 or 2.

just FYI, this is when i am looking from ship vendor window. i looked in the available ships under the zen store and i think it was there for some toons again, and not all.

so not a silly question. just trying to figure it out.

Yeah. The part that confuses me is not even seeing it in the ZEN store. If a character can't get that ship, it should still be there and grayed out. Not missing entirely. But they did make changes to the T1-4 ships recently. Maybe that had some spillover damage to other parts of the store for some players?

I do still see it on my pre-50 characters, though, so it is just plain strange you can't. Even stranger that it is not consistent across all your FED characters.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User

hmm nice trick.. is there a list of commands like that?

https://sto.gamepedia.com/List_of_console_commands
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    edited May 2020
    I think perhaps the ship is in the drydock??, if it is, you would be unable to claim it again?
  • howtorhowtor Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    Double check the banks lol I had a character with a ship in the bank but because of the number of spots I just missed it
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    can you claim it from the ship claimer on ESD...I have the same problem with the NX class T1, can't claim it from the zen store, but is perfectly fine to be claimed from the vendor.
    Go pro or go home
    so this is a mixed bag.
    tested 5 toons of level appropriate access to the carrier.
    two had used it before and its in inventory - thanks for reminding me to check this.
    two can see it at ESD ship vendor and in Zen store.
    one cannot see it in the ship vendor, but can see it in the Zen store.
    just wanky in how it works out, but it appears maybe that command worked, not sure. i tried it anyway, so thanks for that.

so with that, all seems ok at this time. thank you all for input and details.

Glad to help :smile:
This discussion has been closed.