test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thank you for nothing! and Arc support...

saimorphx#5330 saimorphx Member Posts: 42 Arc User
I wanted keys, which Would get me $60,000,000 in game credits, and 280,000 dilithium. the credits I can get with another account, but not the dilithium, i wanted that to upgrade my Jem'hadar since it's upgrade weekend. a week from now makes that useless!

it's upgrade weekend, I needed the dilithium to buy stuff (30 or 40 phoenix box's!) to do upgrades... i can't use this zen to buy dilithium, so i have no dilithium to buy the upgrades... making wasting that $20 useless!

Conversation with the most useless support in the existence of the universe!

Arc: We can't refund, you need steam to do it...
Steam: We can't refund, until the game refunds...

(private correspondence removed) - darkbladejk

But you know us criminals, we wait decades to rip these companies off for $20!!!! my life's work wasted!!! 12 years of setting up my grand Steam scam and 10 years with Perfect World scam, foiled!
Post edited by darkbladejk on

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Log out of the game.. close it completely.

Go to your Steam Folder where Star Trek Online is installed. In that folder, launch Star Trek Online.exe to launch the game without steam.

You should be able to then use your Zen to buy Dilithium.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • saimorphx#5330 saimorphx Member Posts: 42 Arc User

Go to your Steam Folder where Star Trek Online is installed. In that folder, launch Star Trek Online.exe to launch the game without steam.

Thank you for giving me something to try, but it didn't work. I tried what you suggested, I even restarted my PC and tired, then tried a none steam STO client, everyone of them said the same.

I've even tried logging into an alt account, odd, that if you open STO the way you said, and click buy zen in the cstore, it goes to the arc store! i was surprised it didn't try to start steam.

But, no, it stands, it was wasted, the upgrade weekend will be over before I can use this zen, if I could buy zen on my alt, and move dilithium of phoenix box's I'd let the $20 sit there, and buy $20 on my alt. Craptic has destroyed my upgrade weekend!

I'm open to any other suggestion! I even looked in \AppData\Roaming\Arc I'm not sure if STO keeps temp files, but I can't find it.

Hell, I'm stupid, but if I could put $20 on my alt account, and transfer the zen or dil to my main account, I would! I would even add $10 more to my main and buy a T6 Jemmy ship...
    edited May 2020
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    I should lock and blank this post on principle alone, but I'm going to give you a chance to take a deep breath, and try to explain what's going on. Did it put your account on probation? What exactly is the issue preventing you from using the $20 to get your stuff going? Also what ticket numbers do you have that you can pass over? I will make sure the appropriate folks see it.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
    https://support.arcgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018021354-What-is-the-account-probation-period-

Can you remove probation from my account?
    Customer Support can remove your probation status early as long as we can verify your purchases. Please note that this will be done on a case-by-case basis, and you may not get your account approved by the Customer Support team. Simply submit a ticket and we will evaluate the probation status as soon as we are able.

Why couldn't support just remove it? The account is a decade old, in good standing, I've bought a lot of zen without issue... I'm honestly trying to find some way to NOT issue a chargeback here!
    I should lock and blank this post on principle alone, but I'm going to give you a chance to take a deep breath, and try to explain what's going on. Did it put your account on probation? What exactly is the issue preventing you from using the $20 to get your stuff going? Also what ticket numbers do you have that you can pass over? I will make sure the appropriate folks see it.

The issue is being penalized for no wrong doing. And people should know that purchasing zen through Steam penalizes you, no matter how old you account is, or how much you spend, or if your account is in good standing.

But, no, simply making a purchase through steam put this probation on me. There needs to be a disclaimer, warning, or other such notification or reminder prior to purchasing Zen at all! after we have Zen, the damage is done, the Zen is what I bought! telling me I can't use the Zen once I have it, that is a huge issue, that is bad business!

If there was a message, I would have remembered that I shouldn't buy Zen from Steam, and I would have gone into the arc client, I honestly don't even know why I was using the steam client for STO, I normally use the standalone in a folder, and I just went through the motions, and got Zen, and got hit in the back of the head with the proverbial bat. even if I need 2 clients at once I elevate the second, I don't know why I had it open from steam...

Over all, I wasted money, I have no recourse to get it back, and keep my Steam or Arc account in good standing. the upgrade weekend will be over before this punishment is over. punishment, probation same thing!!! So once this weekend is over, the whole reason for spending the money will be gone. I can't use the 2000 zen, to buy dilithium to buy phoenix box's.

Member since: 08/06/2010 I didn't spend 10 years to scam PWE out of $20! I've bought Zen over 20 times in 10 years subbed for a few years... I feel people should know not to buy Zen from Steam, UNLESS they know they won't be able to use it on all STO services for some time.

Zildross put in a ticket for me and gave me this ticket number: #176829
    There is a provision that says they might be able to remove the punishment. I doubt they will remove it before the event is over, so, the issue stands, I don't get what I wanted. :(
    They removed it! they fixed it!!
    edited May 2020
    Thank you (name of GM redacted)! you are awesome!
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I'm happy it was sorted out :)
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    Never buy zen via steam just do it via the game itself
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    so what exactly was the cause of the issue? why was it locked and then unlocked?
    can i get a layman's answer?
    i mean, from posts it sounds like he was wanting to swap dil from one toon to another. got some zen from arc, then i get lost as to what and why.
    im only asking for reference. i dont launch STO from steam and never have, so if it is mute or a steam vs arc thing, that works as an amswer too.

they bought zen though steam which triggered an anti fraud measure that binds it and anything you buy with it to you for a few days, which just happens sometimes, which stopped them from doing a few things and had a little trouble getting it fixed.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • howtorhowtor Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    I had this issue a couple months ago. I was able to get it fixed within a couple hours by emailing support. I explained my purchase history in the email.
  • crossmrcrossmr Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk

edited May 2020
    (response to redacted post removed) - darkbladejk

Thanks everyone for answering keepcalmchiveon!!

Yeah, I'm more afraid of losing my steam account than I am a PWE account, 575 Games Owned 287 DLC Owned... that isn't something I want to lose! I don't even put anything on my PC that Steam VAC can think is meant to mess with a game, or my account. But I also love my account! I put a lot of time and money into it. I'm very happy they fixed it, I even just put $20 more in this evening from the arc site, and I didn't get charged the extra $1.28!! another reason to not buy zen through steam.

There should be a better way to judge how established an account is, on both Arc and Steam. GM (name redacted) did say "As an FYI, there is a known bug that is causing players to be placed back on probation randomly." so hopefully, at some point, no one will have to deal with this!
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    since this issue has been resolved I am going to go ahead and lock this down.

For future reference the account probation does NOT mean you are in trouble. This is an anti-fraud feature meant to protect both you and cryptic. If it's been awhile since you've bought zen, if you buy through steam from time to time (which is technically a 3rd party), your first time buying, and such, the transaction is sometimes placed on a probation to be verified. This protects your account from fraudulent activity. If you normally logged in from here in the States but suddenly you logged in somewhere in France and purchased a large amount of zen, it will get flagged. This is also meant to protect Cryptic on their end from people buying large amounts of zen and hitting charge backs. It's a pain in the rear sometimes, but it's better to have it than not have it.

Lastly, if you guys are seeing this bug crop up, do let me know via PM and/or bug report and I will make sure they see it.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.