What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

La Sirena Soars into Star Trek Online!

Comments

• westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,213 Arc User
    > @evilmark444 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > These things are planned and scheduled months in advance.

true, but they always have the option to delay something before its release. They chose to not delay this, and release it at possibly the worst time ever conceived for making tons of cash.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • imffsimffs Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    La Sirena, the ship that soared into a starring role in Star Trek: Picard, will soon be available in Star Trek Online!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11422643
    Thank you. I'm glad to hear we are close to to the end of ten years of assault on the franchise.

• ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    An ugly blob.
    Stats seem powerful for raider on first glance, to be expected as promo ship, business as usual.
    Traits and console could allow for an alternative to photonic officer.

Hard pass as it is a promo and STP related.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    *Yawn*

Not interested.

Loved the show.. but this does nothing for me.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    redwren89 wrote: »
    sthe91 wrote: »
    loveinit wrote: »
    Another ship in RnD box wont be getting with the terrible drop rate. just like the locked boxes went thru 200 keys just to get 1 t6 ship. dont even bother save your money

You do not need to open lockboxes. Instead you can buy the ship you want on the exchange if it is available.

True, but that defeats the object of gamble boxes and thats precisely the point mentioned here - they're a tired old cash cow idea and heavily unfavourable.

Life is not always favorable either. I disagree they are a tired old cash cow idea.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    redwren89 wrote: »
    loveinit wrote: »
    Another ship in RnD box wont be getting with the terrible drop rate. just like the locked boxes went thru 200 keys just to get 1 t6 ship. dont even bother save your money

You do not need to open lockboxes. Instead you can buy the ship you want on the exchange if it is available.

True, but that defeats the object of gamble boxes and thats precisely the point mentioned here - they're a tired old cash cow idea and heavily unfavourable.

Life is not always favorable either. I disagree they are a tired old cash cow idea.

they are? - i suppose that RnD condolence prizes and lobi crystals stacking up is a bonus but since everything is available cash in hand on the exchange, it defeats the point of these boxes. Not to mention the free 1000 lobis round the corner which further defeats the purpose of these hideous boxes. This makes accessing the La Sirena much more difficult that it needs to be.
  • psycherzpsycherz Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    No mention one way or the other in the announcement whether or not any faction can fly it.
    "We're going to give the Klingon players some luv. Just not quite yet!"
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Hey Picard is Romulan focused so all you Romulan fans should wait for the ships from that show.

First ship from the series is a promo box...and not Romulan. Shocker...said nobody from the Romulan faction.

Well it IS the HERO ship. What did you expect for the first ship release?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    So next year the Anniversary Bundle will be 11 Ships for the 11th Anniversary.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    A hard and expensive to acquire, unusually ugly hero ship that does not fit the overall Trek design conventions and looks more Elachi than Federation, from a so-so series made obscure by only being offered on an obscure little streaming service behind a paywall? Definite pass on this one :(
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Hey Picard is Romulan focused so all you Romulan fans should wait for the ships from that show.

First ship from the series is a promo box...and not Romulan. Shocker...said nobody from the Romulan faction.

Well it IS the HERO ship. What did you expect for the first ship release?

Considering I never believed any of you all saying just wait for it...nothing really. Just pointing out...still no Romulan stuff...from a series you all claim has a lot of Romulan stuff for them to add to this game. Like ANYTHING none feddie bear...I will believe it when I see it. So I'll gladly tell ya that you were right about all the glorious Romulan stuff to come from the show in this game when we see it. All the Romulan ground weapons and costumes...all the ships in the c-store (because if the Micheal Burnham show ships gets placed there, this one should too...some can be otherwise of course...but the majority should be c-store). All the storylines about it. All the voice actors. But I don't see anything...or them even HINTING at any of this as we are moving along to the Micheal Burnham show tie in again. Not that I have anything against the KDF getting some love...assuming they do...because once again...believe it when I see it.

I remember when they first made the change to Romulans that they can use allied faction ships. You, me and a few others were quick to point out that this likely meant the end of the development of Romulan ships and we were quickly shouted down because the devs 'promised' that wouldn't happen.

I would like to say 'who's laughing now?' but sadly the answer is.. no one. I am still holding out some hope for a C-Store Romulan ship release at some point, but as the months go by I am definitely not holding my breath. A C-Store Romulan ship would have generated far more interest from me then this.. whatever. The 'La Sirena' was just some random ship in Picard that no one cared about. I have watched the entire season twice and I didn't even know the name of the ship before this was released..

I didn't care either. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Don't count on any new romulan ships in the c-store. If anything it is going to be a Zhat Vash lockbox where the grand prize is a single romulan ship. Also, they won't add any new ships to the Lobi store, just ground equipment. If I was a gambler, I would put money on this being correct.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    ... Wild guess, but... it has the basic bridge, doesn't it?
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    imffs wrote: »
    La Sirena, the ship that soared into a starring role in Star Trek: Picard, will soon be available in Star Trek Online!

Thank you. I'm glad to hear we are close to to the end of ten years of assault on the franchise.

There is no assault on the franchise.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    psycherz wrote: »
    No mention one way or the other in the announcement whether or not any faction can fly it.

They've yet to do a Promo ship that can only be used by only one faction, and considering this ship isn't part of Star Fleet, it's a fair assumption that it's not Star Fleet only. :)
    imffs wrote: »

There is no assault on the franchise.

It sounds like he thought that STO was an assault on Star Trek.

*shrugs shoulders*
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    *Yawn*

Not interested.

Loved the show.. but this does nothing for me.

I had hoped more of the ship was going to take a bigger part in the show myself & more of it revealed, it was mostly just a space-taxi.
    > @captaincelestial said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > They've yet to do a Promo ship that can only be used by only one faction, and considering this ship isn't part of Star Fleet, it's a fair assumption that it's not Star Fleet only. :)

No, they have done it. The Mirror Crossfield is fed only. Klingons have to get the gear from a lobi pack
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    psycherz wrote: »

They've yet to do a Promo ship that can only be used by only one faction, and considering this ship isn't part of Star Fleet, it's a fair assumption that it's not Star Fleet only. :)

Well, not one faction since Cryptic has homogenized the factions somewhat, but probably have to be Fed-aligned for Roms & Doms.

I thought only Fed-aligned could pilot: Sect 31 Comm Heavy BC, Mirror Crossfield, & that Freedom-class Frigate.

I could easily see Cryptic making La Sirena Fed-aligned only too.
    > @foppotee#4552 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Well, not one faction since Cryptic has homogenized the factions somewhat, but probably have to be Fed-aligned for Roms & Doms.
    >
    > I thought only Fed-aligned could pilot: Sect 31 Comm Heavy BC, Mirror Crossfield, & that Freedom-class Frigate.
    >
    > I could easily see Cryptic making La Sirena Fed-aligned only too.

Yeah I think all 3 of those are Fed or Fed Aligned only
    westx211 wrote: »
    > @captaincelestial said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > They've yet to do a Promo ship that can only be used by only one faction, and considering this ship isn't part of Star Fleet, it's a fair assumption that it's not Star Fleet only. :)

No, they have done it. The Mirror Crossfield is fed only. Klingons have to get the gear from a lobi pack

*shrugs shoulders* I wouldn't waste a promo ship for the Mirror Crossfield, so I wouldn't know about that.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    It's a cool ship. You can even get a look a the bridge (but no actual bridge interior to visit).
    Still need to figure out how I can boost EPG further so I can make a Gravity Well / Scatter Volley build. Having Dual Commanders is unusual.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    It's a cool ship. You can even get a look a the bridge (but no actual bridge interior to visit).
    Still need to figure out how I can boost EPG further so I can make a Gravity Well / Scatter Volley build. Having Dual Commanders is unusual.

I do that with my Maquis raider with just GW1. It works, but its not as good in either area as either type of build focused on one or the other. It is a lot more fun and interesting though.
    reyan01 wrote: »

I do that with my Maquis raider with just GW1. It works, but its not as good in either area as either type of build focused on one or the other. It is a lot more fun and interesting though.

Yeah - that's what concerns me. Although this ship could probably throw science powers around pretty well, it doesn't have a secondary deflector and it just feels more tactical-orientated.

And I don't really want to be a Sci char pretending to be a Tac char.

I've long since gotten over maximal efficiency in a build since I avoid fleet stuff. I don't feel the need to fill my console slots with the relevant fleet console because I can't. That, as you can imagine, severely hampers science builds most of all, yet I do them anyway and still get perfectly viable results for advanced difficulty. They also tend to be cheap because I have to get a number of consoles from missions/reps and cheapish consoles from the market. They may not be optimal, but this game doesn't need optimal if you aren't doing elites.
    Well, power is a key thing to work out in a hybrid build. It isn't easy, but it is possible to get it pretty good to both weapons and aux.
    Well, power is a key thing to work out in a hybrid build. It isn't easy, but it is possible to get it pretty good to both weapons and aux.

Unless you play on console where it is not possible to have custom power levels, only the 4 "standard" settings.
    garaffe wrote: »

Unless you play on console where it is not possible to have custom power levels, only the 4 "standard" settings.

I have no idea why anyone plays on consoles, reason #1029. But if that's true, how does anyone do a science ship? There is no standard power to aux setting, as you have weapons, shields, engines, and balanced.
    Balanced is replaced with power to aux.