test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Verity Ship Gone?

navar#3536 navar Member Posts: 198 Arc User
Was this thing only a limited time offer? I'm not seeing it anywhere. I played the game from pre-release to the time when PWE took over the game (sorry PWE, not your biggest fan, nothing personal, lol) so I am a bit out of the loop here. I logged in about 15 minutes ago and thought to myself, "This ship alone could keep me ehre for a good long while, wow!" and now...not so sure. Please tell me this ship is still available?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• mothermoymothermoy Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    if it was a ship you got on a character you can reclaim it from the event store
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,247 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Was this thing only a limited time offer? I'm not seeing it anywhere. I played the game from pre-release to the time when PWE took over the game (sorry PWE, not your biggest fan, nothing personal, lol) so I am a bit out of the loop here. I logged in about 15 minutes ago and thought to myself, "This ship alone could keep me ehre for a good long while, wow!" and now...not so sure. Please tell me this ship is still available?
    The Verity was the legendary Oddy wasn't it? If avaible still it's in the 10 ship pack you won't get it otherwise, if it's the ship I'm thinking I'm using it atm that said if it's not avaible atm it's possible they might rerun the pack next year.

EDIT:having bought the pack myself I can't check if it's avaible.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    As far as I know it isn't currently available if you didn't get the Legendary pack when it was first offered. It will probably return at some point, but no one knows when. It is one of the bad ways they handled the Legendary bundle.
  • jr20mb13jr20mb13 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    yeah the verity was only available during the sale of the legendary pack, big flashy warnings from everywhere that is was a limited time purchase. im sure we will see the legendary ships show up in mudds market at a high purchase price over the next year
  • navar#3536 navar Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    jr20mb13 wrote: »
    yeah the verity was only available during the sale of the legendary pack, big flashy warnings from everywhere that is was a limited time purchase. im sure we will see the legendary ships show up in mudds market at a high purchase price over the next year

Well TRIBBLE. Guess I won't be returning to the game after all then. I'll have to keep an eye on when that thing comes back and make sure I come back then. I'm a Lifetime sub, so I'll let that cash add up over time and buy the ships with that, heh. See ya when the ship comes back out!
  • navar#3536 navar Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    you could always send a ticket in. (not saying it will do diddly - but an option)

ive probably lost many things on older toons ive deleted. meh. i go away and return, then rinse and repeat. :)

Oh I have never owned it. I own the other skins though, just not that one. I have been gone a couple of years, only dropping in for a few minutes every great once in a while to see if there is anything that could keep me playing. That ship was the only thing I saw that would have kept me here for a while, but since it is no longer an option to purchase....well, as Terminator would say, "I['ll be back."
  • falkyr#5689 falkyr Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Damn I really want the Verity. The others be damned, it's just an amazing looking starship ;-;
    I just don't want to spend an exorbinant amount for a Collection, when i'm after just one starship.
    Post edited by falkyr#5689 on
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    Damn I really want the Verity. The others be damned, it's just an amazing looking starship ;-;

I'd say check back during Star Trek Anniversaries like "Star Trek Day"; or new season premiere dates that involve a show with one of the ships from the bundle, etc. (They just offered the Legendary ship bundle on the recent "Star Trek Day" (9/8).

Basically ANY 'Star Trek' related 'special date' has the possibility of them doing one or more STO merchandise 'tie in' offerings.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User

Please don't revive old threads.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    As far as I know it isn't currently available if you didn't get the Legendary pack when it was first offered. It will probably return at some point, but no one knows when. It is one of the bad ways they handled the Legendary bundle.

The legendary T'liss was included in the option to level up a brand new romulan character a couple of months ago, which is how I got that one.
  • falkyr#5689 falkyr Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    > @crypticarmsman said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I'd say check back during Star Trek Anniversaries like "Star Trek Day"; or new season premiere dates that involve a show with one of the ships from the bundle, etc. (They just offered the Legendary ship bundle on the recent "Star Trek Day" (9/8).
    >
    > Basically ANY 'Star Trek' related 'special date' has the possibility of them doing one or more STO merchandise 'tie in' offerings.

Yeah, but I really want just the Verity. I don't want to spend $300 on a ship collection with only one that I'm after, i'd much rather have it sold seperately. You know, so I can actually get it ;-;
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Yeah, but I really want just the Verity. I don't want to spend $300 on a ship collection with only one that I'm after, i'd much rather have it sold seperately. You know, so I can actually get it ;-;

Many would prefer a 'per ship' basis of sales, but given the overwhelming popularity of the pack it seems highly unlikely that will ever happen.

Cryptic puts the pack in the store and people buy it up as fast as they can and then ask for it to come back as soon as it leaves the store. With profits like that, there is just no reason for them to split the ships up to sell individually. This pack is a huge money maker for them, it seems unlikely that they will change the distribution method given the success they have had.
    Insert witty signature line here.
This discussion has been closed.