test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Temporal Reckoning I.S.S. Enterprise Bug?

2»

Answers

• Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    Mumbles a reply to zamweasels answer but only the players understand what was said.
  • Options
    mcghiey13mcghiey13 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    this is TRIBBLE, why isn't it being fixed
  • Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    hevach wrote: »
    The mission was never revamped. The ISS flees while waves of adds engage you, then stands and fights with the last wave. Before the introduction of the bug, the Enterprise would be disabled instead of destroyed, and once combat ended it would reactivate and flee one more time, ultimately escaping. It does attempt to engage, but it's locked at its flee speed so its turning radius is around 60km and it can't close to range or stay there if it wanders in.

Nope, at no point did the player disable her. When she reached 80% health, Captain Walker would appear with the rest of the fleet and she would fly off. Here's a video showing just that from September 2019. Now if your fortunate enough to get her to 80% or lower she flies off to the Krenim fleet and you just get the scene I previously posted, there's no cut scene with Leeta or no Krenim fly off as you previously noted, which leads me to believe they tried to stream line this part of the mission.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqZmee6Sgbw

Post edited by kaithan1975 on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    hevach wrote: »
    Definitely still broken. I was able to managed Kaithan's workaround today. She's got really good tractor resistance, but not perfect. Have two tractor beam powers and tractor mines on hand. Match speeds, wait until she's within about 12 km of the NPC pack, and tractor her. 75% chance she'll just keep going and you've got to start over. If it sticks, the NPCs will hopefully engage before she gets away, that seems to make her stand and fight, at least for a few seconds.

This took six tries - four times the tractor beam didn't stick and one the NPCs just sat and watched and it seems she won't actually engage the player, only the NPCs, so she just took off again. The sixth try the NPCs jumped in, and I'm not 100% sure if the Enterprise stood and fought or if all the tractor beams everywhere were enough to hold her in place but it was a curbstomp.

Once I did beat the Enterprise and she fled again, however, the mission just abruptly flagged as complete with no additional dialog. Seems to be another bug lurking behind this one.

The fact you curb stomped her shows how broken this mission is as you aren't supposed to defeat her.
    Post edited by kaithan1975 on
  • Options
    sthe91 wrote: »
    Hey guys guess what? It's been 3 months and this IS STILL NOT FIXED!!

Please wait, grasshopper. Also, this month is not over yet. Instead play something else, read a book, or skip it for now. Thanks. :)

What does the month not being over have to do with anything? This mission has been broken for over 3 months, that's simply not acceptable.
  • Options
    akilomasakilomas Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hey guys guess what? It's been 3 months and this IS STILL NOT FIXED!!

Please wait, grasshopper. Also, this month is not over yet. Instead play something else, read a book, or skip it for now. Thanks. :)

Yes of course, why play a game when you can skip the game play. Read a book you say? Should I also skip every other chapter too? Play something else? But how can I? They don't let me skip the gameplay, they are forcing me to play to progress... they too hard ... sad face emoji!...
    I'm sorry for being a jerk but your solutions are not solutions and makes the offended party... well... offended. It's like responding to "people don't have bread, they are hungry" with "well, why don't they eat cake"... Because we want to eat our bread (Yes I know it's an extreme example - dying from hunger is not the same as being have to skip a mission, but it "is" an example).

Also, why isn't the bug report not working. I tried reporting it 5 times, non worked. Is the bug report bugged? -_-

• Options
    I personally think its time to pull back ALL new content PERIOD and start fixing missions, i have played several missions in the last 8 wks, I have found that alot of them have graphical issues where pannels have the wrong texture / color, there are splits in the floor, some of the textures that belong on the floor are gone There is now time in a bottle that was messed up since lighting 2.0 has gone in and now a green tint has been added to brighten up the mission, THIS SOLUTION MAKES THE MISSION LOOK HORRIBLE!. Then you have leeta, the big chicken who flies at max full impulse so you cant chase her, catch her, kill her, or stop her, making the mission unplayable. I have played nearly 50 missions the same missions on unfinished characters to collect traits and consoles and weapons on said toon, each with a separate energy type, and have found many missions bugged. Some of the bugged missions were following the implement of the anniversary missions, the mission environments those touch on have messed up the environments that are on the older episodes. I feel you should hire a bunch of us who can point out mistakes for you since you apparently dont know and give you a list to fix. The number of issues in this game will soon make every mission unplayable then what will we be forced to play only the verry new content that only works? ENOUGH, this has gone on long enough, the last 2 years every major update and weekly update has messed up an older mission and now they are rendering missions outright unplayable. Hrm, makes one want to go find another game and SPEND our money there for us who actually feel spending money on a broken game works for them. The developers who are on staff now are just putting in new content without regard for what there breaking. It worked before you touched it work the new missions AROUND what already works, STOP BREAKING THINGS!.
  • Options
    shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    Mission is still bugged.
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Cryptic is the one who decides to address it, Arc is the publisher. People almost always get that confused.

PWE is the publisher. Arc is just the platform for their own games. People almost always get that confused.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Cryptic is the one who decides to address it, Arc is the publisher. People almost always get that confused.

PWE is the publisher. Arc is just the platform for their own games. People almost always get that confused.

Thanks for the correction. I fixed my post that I did in that year. Still will be glad when this Temporal Reckoning bug is fixed for everyone's sakes. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    sargon1791sargon1791 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Still bugged.
  • Options
    leciviuslecivius Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Still bugged. If they can't fix it, it is not a stretch for a programmer to remove the scenario from options
  • Options
    airlaforge54#3210 airlaforge54 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I equipped tractor beams 1 & 2 and it did the trick. Still had to chase about 3 or 4 times to get her down to 80%. Have beams fire at will and high yeild torpedo/spread equipped too. Aceton beam or any ability with intrusive radiation as well.
  • Options
    sargon1791sargon1791 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I figured out a way to beat it. You need to be in full screen window, have a browser open, move your ship into its flight path, have all your weapons set to auto fire, alt tab to the browser and the lag will cause your auto fire and the other ships to beat it.
  • Options
    vieth1vieth1 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    sargon1791 wrote: »
    I figured out a way to beat it. You need to be in full screen window, have a browser open, move your ship into its flight path, have all your weapons set to auto fire, alt tab to the browser and the lag will cause your auto fire and the other ships to beat it.

That's not really a fix for most people.

This bug STILL exists.
  • Options
    gundog#7922 gundog Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Omg somebody....anybody.... PLEASE FIX THIS!!!
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I posted this in another Thread in this Forum the other day:

'Alright, so when I ran this yesterday, I eventually warped out because the ISS Enterprise was untargetable by me. Tonight I picked up where I left off in 'The Die is Cast'. I had to re-eliminate three groups of TLF Ships but the ISS Enterprise was targetable by me. The Gravity Well caused damage but it was not sucked in to the extent that normal NPC Ships are.

Got it worn down and Leeta bailed. I completed the Mission and got the Datacore.'
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    axegaijin13axegaijin13 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    It's been 5 months, how the flipping heck has this not been fixed yet?
  • Options
    People are now reporting a similar issue with the Tarantula in 'Temporal Ambassador'. where the USS Pastek can't or won't target it to help take it down.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I have recently run temporal ambassador within the last month and although the cut scene is messed up and doesnt show the Pastak firing on it the Tarantula does get wasted. In fact the cutscene has been broke for a while now possibly up to a year. I have not seen where I had to help kill the Tarantula yet.

The episode i find a similar problem is in Time In A Bottle. Both enemies go running after they engage you, the only thing that saves you is that they are not trying to escape at max velocity like chicken doodle does in the enterprise and can be caught and destroyed without spending an hour trying. Less than 15 you can kill both ships, takes somewhere around 5 min per ship to kill chasing them down to eliminate them.

I have also ran into problems in multiple missions where ground enemies literally jump over you and land behind you and attack you from behind, the equivalent of 10 ft into the air and land behind you. This problem i have seen in multiple missions, I wont even name them all cause its the same problem in all of them.
  • Options
    The Six Million Dollar Vaadwuar? :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Actually its more like the Six Million Dollar NPC cause its more than one species of npc who can do this.
    I also watched the 6 million dollar holiday event npc the other day LOL Jumped clear over my head and landed like just outside weapons range LOL.
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • Options
    wer1973wer1973 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hello all,
    bug still exist. I opened an issue (171651) and support asked me to report the bug in the forum....
  • Options
    For those who are tempted not to try temporal reconing till they know the bugs fixed. I have only one thing to say

GET HER! Shes no longer traveling at escape velocity LOL!