test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

🔥🔥🔥 "The Year of Klingon" 🔥🔥🔥

Comments

• fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    So get your Bat'leths and Bloodwine ready, Captains

It may be a good idea to rework melee as well as part of this update.

The fact that you can't keep moving while attacking, or even interrupt attacks makes the whole thing kind of annoying. And bat'leths are perhaps the most annoying melee weapon to work with.

The Devs did it right with the Voth fangs. Its attacks come with an automatic closing in on enemies. Please use that as an example to update Bat'leths (and Lirpa's and those other Klingon knifes perhaps).
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • grimoaldus1701grimoaldus1701 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    LOVE LOVE this news!!! Long live the Klingon People! I hope to hear more voices of Tony Todd, Michael Dorn, and J. G. Hertzler. And maybe if we are really lucky Roxann Dawson to bring back B’Elanna Torres!
  • grimoaldus1701grimoaldus1701 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    Maybe more Gorn love too? A story arc telling the tale of Klingon victory over the Gorn and what is taking place in their species lives today?
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    About time something other than non-stop back-to-back federation gets a focus!!

That's a rather unfair statement. While PWE/Cryptic obviously tend to do what has mass-appeal and rakes in cash, they did prove that non-federation-contents are a thing to them. As divisive as the DSC-klingon-ships are, I take those as proof that PWE and Cryptic are in fact *willing* to deliver non-federation stuff when there's a reasonable "excuse" to do so.

Can't wait to get the reworked KDF-ship-models, and hopefully some other glorious Goodies. Legendary KDF-ships/traits would be neat too.
  • nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    The only problem and I use that term loosely that comes to my mind is if they redo the tutorial since it can't be replayed and a new character should never be made out of necessity. At least in my experience I never have any passion for them.
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    nrobbiec wrote: »
    The only problem and I use that term loosely that comes to my mind is if they redo the tutorial since it can't be replayed and a new character should never be made out of necessity. At least in my experience I never have any passion for them.

I wouldn't make a new character just to play a new tutorial. There are better opportunities, like when they re-run Delta Recruits (which do have KDF- and RR-exclusive extras) or perhaps even a new recruitment-event.
  • cirran1cirran1 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Well this is surprising news. Very welcome to hear the KDF get some attention. I am hopeful but wary, I hope they use this to move along to fresh content. The last batch of releases have been stale. I do hope they don't botch this but it is Cryptic, very tone deaf with a bad case of selective hearing. I wish you well my KDF brethren.

Cirran
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    I'm sure this is all just a prelude to the Klingons joining the federation
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    Players though without Twitter or FB won't get to see the Stovokor Saturday content (until a player posts it here. IF a player decides to post to here that is)

You do not need to have a Twitter account to read STO's twitter posts.

https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame

You do not need to have a Facebook account to read STO's facebook posts.

https://www.facebook.com/StarTrekOnlineGame/

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    This coming on the heals of an all Faction Alliance Ship.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    Players though without Twitter or FB won't get to see the Stovokor Saturday content (until a player posts it here. IF a player decides to post to here that is)

Yes I was checking twitter before before making an account for at least 1+ years

Facebook though throws you a big window as your scrolldown that informs you to make an account and covers a lot of the content
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    d1Bhlgl.jpg
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    nrobbiec wrote: »

I don't think they have to redo the Tutorial. The current Klingon Tutorial was 100% made from scratch during Legacy of Romulus as part of the Klingons finally getting their chance to once again start from level 1, after being shafted to being unlocked by Federation characters during the F2P move.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    > @questerius said:
    > (Spoiler)I'm sure this is all just a prelude to the Klingons joining the federation

Fortunately I think their desire to keep the game in line with Picard (as much as possible) will prevent them from doing that...unless it happens in the show.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    > @questerius said:
    > (Spoiler)I'm sure this is all just a prelude to the Klingons joining the federation

Fortunately I think their desire to keep the game in line with Picard (as much as possible) will prevent them from doing that...unless it happens in the show.

That being said, the Picard content gives hopes for Rom goodies next year
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    I do not do social media so i will wait for it to show up in game :).
    edited April 2020

Yes I was checking twitter before before making an account for at least 1+ years

Facebook though throws you a big window as your scrolldown that informs you to make an account and covers a lot of the content

I just tested and you can just click "not now" to get rid of the popup blocking the screen. Yes, there is still a section at the bottom asking you to login or signup, but you can still scroll around enough to read everything.

Anyone complaining about not having access to the things on websites you can view without even registering has one of the saddest examples of "first world problems" I have ever seen :|

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User

I just tested and you can just click "not now" to get rid of the popup blocking the screen. Yes, there is still a section at the bottom asking you to login or signup, but you can still scroll around enough to read everything.

Anyone complaining about not "having access" to the things on website you can view without even registering has one of the saddest examples of "first world problems" I have ever seen :|

Entitlement issues...

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
    Sadly, kabutotokugawa, your posts do not show up so there is no need to spend the time writing them.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    LOVE LOVE this news!!! Long live the Klingon People! I hope to hear more voices of Tony Todd, Michael Dorn, and J. G. Hertzler. And maybe if we are really lucky Roxann Dawson to bring back B’Elanna Torres!

Roxanne Dawson was talking about wanting to return to Star Trek. Her brother, who plays STO, suggested she should return as a captain (most likely on Picard). Her father suggested she come back as Q.

I couldn't find a clip of Q telling Picard he would have chosen a female form when he first met Picard, had he known it would trip up the captain. Oh well, here's the next best thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_0dgKgSDgo
    Well, if they are going to make a Klingon Legends ship pack, we should make sure to have enough Zen to cover it.
    Before I forget, looks like they are going to bring in the Klingon script for the ship name.

Good thing they worked on it for the Alliance ship :)
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    The only thing I really want with my KDF toons is a removal of the majority of costume and pallet restrictions. That would make my KDF year complete.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
    edited April 2020
    After this year-long overhaul to the Klingons, I fully expect the game to shift completely to a single faction. The Alliance.

I don't doubt at least some of the dev team would "like" to do this just to make their lives easier.

That said, they are trying to keep the game in line with the storyline of Picard when possible. For this reason I actually don't think they would merge them with the feds UNLESS they have gotten some advance info from CBS regarding that happening in Picard's timeline.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    As long as we get unique Klingon ships, I'm ok with a merged alliance tbh
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    As long as we get unique Klingon ships, I'm ok with a merged alliance tbh

I think you'd see more Alliance ships like the battlecruiser and things would get bland.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
This discussion has been closed.