test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

🔥🔥🔥 "The Year of Klingon" 🔥🔥🔥

thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
Announcement post on 4/29:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11423783-the-year-of-klingon

Update 1 on 5/2:

Update 2 on 5/6:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H_kXCgLbzA

Update 3 on 5/9:

Update 4 on 5/13:

From this week's ten-forward livestream:

Originally playable DIS klingon heads were just "something that would be nice to do" (and andorian too), but now they are in "Year of klingon" they have a plan what they want with them and thus those heads now have actual place in schedule.

Worf's hair and sash may become more available.

Klingon tutorial would be updated.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/gjjs84/ten_forward_weekly_14052020_random_questions/

Update 5 on 5/16:

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Good. Only took 10 years.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    Players though without Twitter or FB won't get to see the Stovokor Saturday content (until a player posts it here. IF a player decides to post to here that is)
  • centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    I didn't realize how excited I was for Klingon content until this was posted.
    eazzie wrote: »
    Players though without Twitter or FB won't get to see the Stovokor Saturday content (until a player posts it here. IF a player decides to post to here that is)

this. i have neither, so will rely on postings in the forums.

I will do my best to post for you :) Players shouldn't be excluded.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User

Yeah this is an ever present annoyance here, and personally there's no way I'm going to bother with Twit or FB, so I'd miss out on it. However I'm also of the mindeset that I don't really care until its in game anyway.
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    Klingon content updates? Yes! YES!! YES!!!

Indeed, eazzie.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • aboundedorc0#8479 aboundedorc0 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    I have two lifetime accounts. On my main I run nine FED oriented toons and on my alt, I run nine that are predominantly KDF oriented. So ..... half of me is really excited, but the other half will make due as well!

much appreciated mate.

can we get a sticky for this?

NP at all :smiley:
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited April 2020

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • poseidolonposeidolon Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11423783-the-year-of-klingon

(although it’s a fair bet that J’Ula and her time traveling cohorts are involved)

Please, no!

who doesn’t love a story that involves descending into Grethor and fighting a god?

Right here! That's the only Klingon Arc I skip. The rest of them I will go back and replay just for how fun they are, unlike a lot of late game missions which I replay just for items.

While I am quite happy to hear that the KDF is finally getting some love again, I am worried that those early missions might lose some of their charm while they are getting a shiny new coat. I hope we get to see more arcs of Klingons being Klingons: going on raids, reveling in their victories. Although, I am aware that there are dailies that can sate that desire already.

Also, maybe next year you could do something with the Romulans or Dominion. You remember the Dominion, right? The half-faction you made and then did nothing with.

Well, I'll be looking forward to this with very cautious optimism.

Good luck.
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    OMG! Cryptic! Sometimes I love you! Best news ever...

I think we should set the calandar back a year due to Corona. I don’t know what I am going to do with all these 2020 Olympic t-shirts I printed. Makes sense that the missing year would be the Klingon year...

I’m teasing of course. I got six unrestricted slots—can’t wait to celebrate by minting some new toons.

Hope we can also get curly non-dreaded long hair, d'ktang, “crazy Gowran eyes”, D7s with the bird of prey paint, some of the long jackets you made like the stuff j’mpak has...

And I guess I want DISCO-Braveheart warpaint.

I can’t add the picture for some reason

https://66.media.tumblr.com/1552830c5303e5d8cf60004b98c2bfe6/tumblr_pf2qxbwI9b1sbhayu_400.jpg
    Post edited by qultuq on
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Dare we hope for new T6 Klingon zen ships?
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    About time something other than non-stop back-to-back federation gets a focus!!
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    That is the best news I heard in like 2 and half years
  • parazallisparazallis Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Wait, the Klingons exist for other purposes other than being contraband farmers for dilithium?
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Ok.. I may have a heart attack here. Al Riviera is finally letting go of his dislike for the KDF? What's next they're actually going to work PvP too?
    parazallis wrote: »
    Wait, the Klingons exist for other purposes other than being contraband farmers for dilithium?

IF you go by ingame story, they're the loyal lapdog fighting force of the Alliance.

Mm5NeXy.gif
  • psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    Nice another reason to get rid of my last 8 Feds out of 31 :)
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Will we finally see a T6 Vo'Quv

https://youtu.be/2q35PgSXhKg
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    Ok.. I may have a heart attack here. Al Riviera is finally letting go of his dislike for the KDF? What's next they're actually going to work PvP too?

IF you go by ingame story, they're the loyal lapdog fighting force of the Alliance.

I give it 3 to 1 odd in favor this being preparation to fold the kdf faction into the federation. I really can't think of any other reason they'ld actally put any effort in this at all.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
    Nice another reason to get rid of my last 8 Feds out of 31 :)

I got "just" 7 toons and my only Fed is a Human TOS Engineer. TOS is only Fed I like really
  • ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    Ooohh.....I'm definitely going to need more character slots...

Maybe we'll get a half sized Klingon legendary pack? 5 ships for 15K discounted to around 8. Wouldn't that be a nice treat...I could finally have a D7!
  • nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    An unexpected and most exciting surprise. I do wonder if this is running concurrent with the romulan revamp that has been sort of happening with no fanfare (lots more fully voices dialogues instead of just "I'm not afraid of the tal shiar") or if it's supplanting it and the romulan full make over will be a 2021 thing.

Either way it is nice to bring some of the older stuff more in line with the visual quality they're capable of now.

Then all they need is to fix the bugs victory is life introduces and all will be well.
    Will we finally see a T6 Vo'Quv

Would be awesome if they did that too
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    I have two lifetime accounts. On my main I run nine FED oriented toons and on my alt, I run nine that are predominantly KDF oriented. So ..... half of me is really excited, but the other half will make due as well!
    So, pretty much the same as the past decade? :smile:
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    nightken wrote: »
    trennan wrote: »

I give it 3 to 1 odd in favor this being preparation to fold the kdf faction into the federation. I really can't think of any other reason they'ld actally put any effort in this at all.

I been waiting for that since the "Everyone can now fly Romulan ships." was announced. This would just make things easier, cause then Cryptic can just release all feddie-bear stuff.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    What!? Why so little love for the Federation?! ;)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
This discussion has been closed.