What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TOS Movie Bridge Pack

romulan1138#2589 romulan1138 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
TOS Movie Pack

Enterprise bridges from: TMP, WOK,UD
Reliant bridge
Excelsior bridge

I am puzzled as to why these bridges were never made, especially the Wrath of Khan Enterprise refit bridge

Thoughts
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,497 Arc User
    Money. Not enough people are willing to pay money for ship interiors.

Interiors now mostly only get made when needed for an episode set inside a ship.
  • paladinrja#5247 paladinrja Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    Is that a reason? -- sounds more like a result to me..

Perhaps the fact nobody uses them, makes developing them less of a priority? Which could change if they ever do a run on cosmetic elements. Doing some might then be added to the to-do list.

I've rarely had anyone beam over to my ship, ever; and the game tends to push you to your homeworld, or starbase, so often it makes interior functionality refundant.

Its not just this game, either.
    XBOX One GT: Paladinrja
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

When the game first launched the primary item available in the C-Store was bridge packs (almost all of the ones currently available in the store are from this period in STOs history). They take a lot of time and resources to make but they didn't sell, so now they only make bridges and interiors if they are going to be included in a mission. Lockbox and Lobi ships used to be an exception to this but starting with the NX Refit even they don't get bridges made anymore.

Would canon bridges sell better than those early attempts? I think so, but it would be a HUGE gamble for Cryptic to take and it might not pay off. They also already have some data to go off of with the Galaxy bridge + interior, and since they haven't sold a Discovery interior even though everything already exists for missions I'm kind of leaning towards the Galaxy not doing so well with sales either.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • paladinrja#5247 paladinrja Member Posts: 155 Arc User

When the game first launched the primary item available in the C-Store was bridge packs (almost all of the ones currently available in the store are from this period in STOs history). They take a lot of time and resources to make but they didn't sell, so now they only make bridges and interiors if they are going to be included in a mission. Lockbox and Lobi ships used to be an exception to this but starting with the NX Refit even they don't get bridges made anymore.

Would canon bridges sell better than those early attempts? I think so, but it would be a HUGE gamble for Cryptic to take and it might not pay off. They also already have some data to go off of with the Galaxy bridge + interior, and since they haven't sold a Discovery interior even though everything already exists for missions I'm kind of leaning towards the Galaxy not doing so well with sales either.

Maybe the resources its costing, are runtime; as in, its taking away from the stability of the game, or impacting on their ability to put in other / new things in? (Causing problems).

I mean, theres a lot of bloaty things in the UI that could do with a tidy up. Like why would you even want to place protection on consumables? -- then again, that may be more complicated to exclude things than include an entry in the UI. Ya just neber know unless you're working on it.
    XBOX One GT: Paladinrja
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,948 Community Moderator
    They also already have some data to go off of with the Galaxy bridge + interior, and since they haven't sold a Discovery interior even though everything already exists for missions I'm kind of leaning towards the Galaxy not doing so well with sales either.

I'm thinking its the pricetag that came with the Galaxy interior. 2000 Zen for JUST a canon Galaxy interior. Frankly a missed opportunity. They could have made a full fledged TNG bundle in a similar style as the already existing DS9 bundle. Pack the Interior with things like a Type 6 Shuttle, TNG era Type 2 Phaser, Crusher's Lab Coat, maybe a couple DOffs... that would have justified the price. But on its own?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They scr*wed the pooch on that Galaxy Bridge. They even made an Infomercial one-off Mission just to showcase it and then to add nothing to it like they did with the DS9 and TOS Bundles? Boggles the mind.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • diocletian#7546 diocletian Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    I would like to see a TOS movie pack, but even more, a fix to the TOS Constitution Bridge set where we actually see our BOff's and not some generic characters and the people sitting down are actually in chairs and not on the floor with their feet buried into the floor. Same for K-13. Otherwise I really like it and use my ships interior often. Having my captain go through the corridors of my ship and K-13 really escape me into a TOS experience.
  • karleya09karleya09 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    They also already have some data to go off of with the Galaxy bridge + interior, and since they haven't sold a Discovery interior even though everything already exists for missions I'm kind of leaning towards the Galaxy not doing so well with sales either.

I'm thinking its the pricetag that came with the Galaxy interior. 2000 Zen for JUST a canon Galaxy interior. Frankly a missed opportunity. They could have made a full fledged TNG bundle in a similar style as the already existing DS9 bundle. Pack the Interior with things like a Type 6 Shuttle, TNG era Type 2 Phaser, Crusher's Lab Coat, maybe a couple DOffs... that would have justified the price. But on its own?

well they do have the Picard Bundle @12K zen, not a specific TNG bundle but it's close, 3 ships, TNG bridge, bunch of outfits and token and a SMG but I agree, 2K for just a bridge while others are like 500Zen?
    hwRjIGn.gif
  • ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Oh I would love an Undiscovered Country Constitution bridge.
    Not for any price however. Bridge only, 500 Zen, I would accept.

The issue I see is that there is little to no point to it. There is nothing you really do on the interiors of the ships therefore it becomes a novelty item.

Intrepid and Galaxy interiors became available due to an episode being placed in them. Unless there comes a TMP episode around there is little to no chance it becomes available.

And even then 2k Zen for a novelty item is a no go for me.
    It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy at this point:

Cryptic says there is no money it.
    Players say we would buy accurate interiors.
    Cryptic makes accurate interior but makes the price high for a novelty item.
    Players refuse to buy novelty item at high price.
    Cryptic says there is no money in it.

I got the Voyager interior because… I honestly don’t even know why I have it. Was it part of the Pathfinder?
    And it is nice but I would never pay 2k Zen for it.
    It was part of a Bundle when the Pathfinder first came out.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • aboundedorc0#8479 aboundedorc0 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    There are images online for various "packs" that I've assumed were very pre-console, such as: Defiant Bridge Pack, Emissary Bridge Pack, Galaxy Bridge Pack, Miranda Bridge Pack, Intrepid Bridge Pack, Destiny Bridge Pack, Prometheus Bridge Pack and Sovereign Bridge Pack.

Some of these are represented in games if you've purchased certain ships, but I'm uncertain if they all are (again, I'm on console)? I don't think I've ever seen the Intrepid, Destiny or Prometheus bridges on any vessel that I've bought. Other than most of these designs are ridiculously arena-sized and thus highly impractical for a starship to waste power and atmosphere in a cavernous spaces that size, I do like them .... had they sized them down to a more effective or workable layout. It's funny that they imagined any captain having to turn and yell at whomever was seated at a duty station dozens of feet away. No cinematic depiction within Star Trek has equaled what the designers did with these.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,826 Arc User

Perhaps the fact nobody uses them, makes developing them less of a priority? Which could change if they ever do a run on cosmetic elements. Doing some might then be added to the to-do list.

I've rarely had anyone beam over to my ship, ever; and the game tends to push you to your homeworld, or starbase, so often it makes interior functionality redundant.

it's a primary reason. if no one buys a bright pink F-150 ford ain't gonna make any more pink F-150s if no one buys the bridges, why waste resources in making them? I would have loved from the get-go interiors for various ships, but the reality is, how many times have anyone gone to the bridge of their ship in the mast 410 times the logged in? maybe if you RP?

if they had designed it so you went to different parts of the ship (assuming you bought the interior) to start R&D projects and Boff assignments. but there are far too many lazy people who would cry they can't log in click click click log out.. old saying goes, can't make everyone happy...
    Spock.jpg

• foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Bridges still lack solid functionality. No one goes there because there is no reason to. It is honestly silly. If they had some real unique features and bank/mail access they would definitely be more widely used.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,948 Community Moderator
    edited April 2020
    Most have at least ACCOUNT Bank access in the Ready Room on those bridges that have that room.

But still... its a cosmetic that mostly sees use with the RP community and has no practical use outside of a couple missions in game.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,497 Arc User

I've rarely had anyone beam over to my ship, ever; and the game tends to push you to your homeworld, or starbase, so often it makes interior functionality redundant.

it's a primary reason. if no one buys a bright pink F-150 ford ain't gonna make any more pink F-150s if no one buys the bridges, why waste resources in making them? I would have loved from the get-go interiors for various ships, but the reality is, how many times have anyone gone to the bridge of their ship in the mast 410 times the logged in? maybe if you RP?

if they had designed it so you went to different parts of the ship (assuming you bought the interior) to start R&D projects and Boff assignments. but there are far too many lazy people who would cry they can't log in click click click log out.. old saying goes, can't make everyone happy...

Also, on consoles all the hidden doff assignments that only show up on your bridge on PC instead show up normally in space and ground zones, so RP is the only reason I can think of to visit interiors.
    Ferengi Ships.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,197 Arc User
    I think they should add in more stuff to normal bridges to incentivise their usage. I use my ferengi bridge all the time for the exchange access and the Dabo table for endeavors.

Maybe add in exchange access to "unique" bridges like the TNG, DS9, VOY, and TOS bridges?

Give them some unique different assignments too, maybe ones that give doffs from that era, weapons, maybe some marks or something.

Also the reason the ship bridges didn't sell originally is a few different things 1. They were cheaply and quickly made with low effort and then copy pasted with slight changes in order to make them seem more... "worth it"
    And 2. There was no reason to ever visit the bridge back then. I don't think there was even account bank back then, so it was just normal bank and that console for that one romulan mission. Doffs didn't exist yet at that time.

Nowadays we have a decent amount of things to do, but there's still not too many incentives to actually going to your bridge. I'm sure if Cryptic tried they could make it worthwhile and then people would want to buy bridges more
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    Turn in Commendation Reports. It's really silly that we have to go to the Starbase to do this. Paper Reports?
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Most have at least ACCOUNT Bank access in the Ready Room on those bridges that have that room.

But still... its a cosmetic that mostly sees use with the RP community and has no practical use outside of a couple missions in game.

Yes, account bank is there if you have it, but not regular bank, mail, or exchange. There are the Ferengi ships of course, but as most don't fly one, it seems a moot point.

Heck they could sell an upgrade to bridges to give access to these things. They just need to make sure there is an account wide option.

And a look at all the ancillary stuff fleets can unlock for the various bases, like the doff missions and other vendors, a lot of that could be duplicated for a ship interior. And yes it would work just like them, if of course, your fleet has it unlocked for the various equipment sellers, otherwise they do nothing. Or they could offer some new bridge interior exclusive items too.

They could even go so far as to develop a similar system as fleet holdings for bridges on your account. Just think about all the useless RnD materials with no real purpose right now that could be given new purpose in getting people to unlock new features for your bridges.

They would have to go further still, but all it needs is some imagination.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Bridges still lack solid functionality. No one goes there because there is no reason to. It is honestly silly. If they had some real unique features and bank/mail access they would definitely be more widely used.
    There's actually a few things you can do in your ship interior that you can't do anywhere else. More if you have certain special bridges. Standard bridges have account bank, medical and engineering fabrication. The fabrication stuff gives you free consumables. Regenerators, batteries, repair components, that sort of thing.

Ferengi ships have a bridge with Dabo, exchange, regular bank, and a Ferengi trader contact.

Tuffli freighter has bank, exchange, and a commodity vendor

Suliban cell ship has those and a special doff recruiting console
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • oclosoclos Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    The interior if they don't want to make more should be selectable. Also could be redressed with generic Era-related floors, like Engineering, Shuttlebay and science experiments and/or recreational area that are different depending on what one RP's and the crews from that time. As is selectable in the case of Voyager(but obviously to a greater extent) that many have due to the pathfinder pack. The bridge has to be different and also selectable cause of kitbashes and refits and retrofits. It is part of what Star Trek is. It's not like the request is fully customizable furniture on bridges or something. Recent smaller bridges shouldn't be over 100 zen as they are. They give a feeling of prison(if any of you ever watched the quite old now Hammer Thriller series for TV you can understand what I mean, maybe even from some older decades Twillight Zone or Outer Limits too), whereas the bridge should be about mobility.

As for functionality they could run parts of the tutorials on them. Obviously a possessions hub too(as is to an extent depending on species themes) Labs work on missions. Medical episodes in possible sickbays and medical emergencies(that currently are not covered though it has always been a part of trek). Libraries for acquiring lore pieces and studying species info in order to get a better understanding of how to deal with them either in diplomacy, or conflict and duty missions related perhaps. See what the series are using them for, proceed from there.
    Adm. Necheyev didn't own ANY Starfleet ships. Starfleet did. Also she didn't make one bolt, connect a single wire, gelpack or device, or otherwise helped on making them. I find it presumptuous she claimed it was HER ships. In fact saying as much would probably warranty a reprimand from any of her superiors in Federation and possibly not participating in said actions as other superior personnel do, would in our days(2409 onwards) result in herself facing the same fate as what she has threatened, in that same penal colony.
    There's actually a few things you can do in your ship interior that you can't do anywhere else. More if you have certain special bridges. Standard bridges have account bank, medical and engineering fabrication. The fabrication stuff gives you free consumables. Regenerators, batteries, repair components, that sort of thing.

Ferengi ships have a bridge with Dabo, exchange, regular bank, and a Ferengi trader contact.

Tuffli freighter has bank, exchange, and a commodity vendor

Suliban cell ship has those and a special doff recruiting console

I have plenty of free consumables junking up my inventories so I don't consider that useful. The specialty ships are nice, but exceedingly rare to the point that most people don't have them, or don't use them in the case of Ferengi ships.

Personally, I have the Nandi available account wide because it was an event ship. Do I ever use it? No. I don't want to fly it, so what is the value of its services to me if I have to swap ships to use them?

My point was clear, I don't want to switch ships to use these services, I'd like to have them on any and all of my ships, whether that takes a Cstore purchase or a grindy unlock process or whatever, that seems fair if the special ships can get most of that stuff free.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,815 Arc User
    I'd really like this pack but unfortunately the odds of it ever happening are probably zero.

Wish Cryptic would try crowdfunding for stuff like this...
    They should do a Movie Bridge Pack just for the Even Numbered Movies, as the Odd ones would be inferior and no one would buy it. :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,382 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    lianthelia wrote: »
    I'd really like this pack but unfortunately the odds of it ever happening are probably zero.

Wish Cryptic would try crowdfunding for stuff like this...

Crowdfunding is mentioned in the FCT. So no they cannot do crowdfunding based on their model and they have said so.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    The TOS bridge has been broken for over a year all you see is template bridge officer your own TOS people won’t show up but my discovery crew did
    And on the Lower Decks your crew sits under chairs or the floor.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,345 Arc User
    The designers mentioned a while back that it takes just as much time and expenditure to make a bridge as it does to make a ship. But they can sell ships for thirty bucks. You going to drop $30 on a bridge? I'm not.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    The designers mentioned a while back that it takes just as much time and expenditure to make a bridge as it does to make a ship. But they can sell ships for thirty bucks. You going to drop $30 on a bridge? I'm not.
    Yeah that's the thing, it takes more to make a bridge then just doing the 3D geometry, there's also a much gameplay mechnical work that needs to be done and tested (for example making the nodes that make the doors work).
  • christian#3573 christian Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I'd love to have those three bridges listed at the beginning of this. And I do understand the reasoning behind why we don't (don't like it or agree but I digress). My issue with the current selection of preset bridges (and maybe this isn't the thread to bring it up on) is that some of them make no sense from a logical standpoint. Example, the Alliance Bridge setup. You've got the captain's chair right there. You want to get up and walk toward the screen a la Picard. DROP. No steps down, just one big drop off from your chair. Seriously who thought that up? 'Let me just take one large step back up to my chair here. TRIBBLE I just pulled a hammy.' Put some steps there. Hell one would make it better. 'Nuff venting.
This discussion has been closed.