test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So little enterprise content?

commadersetekcommadersetek Member Posts: 45 Arc User
I just noticed that there‘s very little content in the game about Star Trek: Enterprise. I mean we did have the temporal accords and the Na‘kul with the cold war but nothing directly to do with the cast of enterprise for example. They‘re still pretty young when it comes to voice acting though.
We don‘t even have the ship interior.
Anyone got an idea why? Enterprise is one of my favourite Trek shows and I‘d love to see more of it in game...
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    > Anyone got an idea why? Enterprise is one of my favourite Trek shows and I‘d love to see more of it in game...

I'm afraid you're in the minority there. I blame the theme song ;)

Discovery + Picard bring in new Trek viewers and new STO players. Before that the Kelvin movies did the same.

Enterprise is now 15 years old, older that STO, and it was the least popular of the series up to that point.

Not enough fans = not enough money for creating content.

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Well according to the devs the main issue with ENT is the fact it's set in the 2150s, 250 or so years before STO is set. So "not enough money for creating content" isn't technically speaking correct but rather the issue is more or less the same as with DSC and TOS only worse as there's even larger timeskip and not as many people calling for a "faction" that starts in that era.

Also I dunno how it's now but when ENT ended a lot of the main cast didn't want to return to those roles. They may have the age but it's possible they're not willing.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Don't forget the Player's favorite Console, the Grappler.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    I completely disagree with the OP and I wonder what the OP was thinking when they posted this. We have so much stuff from Enterprise in STO. Including all of the following...

- 2 T6 NX Class variants (The NX Enterprise makes an appearance in at least two story missions)
    - Lower Tier NX ship that comes with the grappler console
    - T6 Enterprise-J (and it makes an appearance in a TFO and a story mission)
    - T5/T6 T'varo
    - Romulan Drone ship pets
    - T5 Vulcan ship
    - 6 total T5/T6 Andorian ships based on the Kumari
    - T6 Tellarite Ship
    - T6 Suliban cruiser
    - T1 Suliban cell ship
    - Multiple Elachi ships including a T5/T6 version of the one from Enteprise
    - Probably every single Xindi ship in the show at T5 and/or T6
    - T6 Orion Blackguard
    - Enterprise Era Starfleet uniforms
    - Mirror Enterprise Era Terran Starfleet uniforms
    - MACO Uniform in the lobi store
    - T'Pol outfit
    - Multiple Xindi outfits
    - Daniels time traveler outfit. Heck, DANIELS HIMSELF in multiple story missions
    - "Future Guy" in multiple story missions
    - Elachi freaking everywhere in the game throughout story missions, TFO's and patrols
    - Elachi NPCs and even an Elachi boff now
    - Suliban NPCs
    - Xindi NPCs and even a Xindi boff
    - Also Xindi Primate parts for Aliens so you can look like a Xindi primate
    - Xindi weapons in both space and ground
    - Denobulan NPC's IIRC and definitely Denobulan parts for Aliens so you can look like a Denobulan
    - Xindi doffs
    - Suliban doffs
    - Porthos as a pet (credit: westmetals)
    - Zefram Cochrane's shotgun (credit: westmetals)

I'm probably forgetting a bunch of stuff too because there's so freaking much stuff it's hard to remember all of it.

Outside of the bridge, what else do you want? The bridge was not added and almost no bridges have been added since that time since Cryptic announced that they were essentially not making bridges anymore.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • oclosoclos Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    1st off, the OP is not in the minority. It's a Trek show and part of Canon. I was angry at it back then, but now that Trek is in more acceptable waters, I can even accept Kelvin Timeline for what it is. I would want to see more of its content too. Obviously more of everything Star Trek, including 26th and 29th centuries stuff(Stories would be good, Altair and other ships, a possible uniform for 26th century but even more a badge for it, since I had to devise my own but would be better with more futuristic parts and a badge(I wanted to put the Fed badge there but it only works with elegant, which looks more Baku or Talaxian and in any case they could retrofit it in the battle of Procyon V so it doesn't look it happens in 25th century), maybe a few more future ships like the Vorgon and the Lukari(new summer ship reminds me of the Lukari process a lot since it is obvious they created models for all versions of it). There is always the possible Timeline incursion, like with the recently added FCD mission which is just that. The Vulcan uniform, other eras and stuff that could derive from the episodes, etc. We know they're in the process of making and/or made new stuff, like Halloween so its not a question if they can allocate resources but if they're willing to.

The series has to mainly go and explore the future, but STO is more flexible and can add more stuff to fill in the gaps or add to existing lore by not violating what's there as it has been doing for the most part the previous decade(besides there has been at least one fan made series that was made by professionals and very successful and its lead actor has done VO for STO too, so obviously there is an audience for older stuff as well, if done properly and with respect to the genre). There are plenty of stories left to tell.
    Adm. Necheyev didn't own ANY Starfleet ships. Starfleet did. Also she didn't make one bolt, connect a single wire, gelpack or device, or otherwise helped on making them. I find it presumptuous she claimed it was HER ships. In fact saying as much would probably warranty a reprimand from any of her superiors in Federation and possibly not participating in said actions as other superior personnel do, would in our days(2409 onwards) result in herself facing the same fate as what she has threatened, in that same penal colony.
    edited April 2020
    Enterprise is actually a really good show IMO. Better than Voyager, Discovery and Picard for sure as far as I'm concerned. Though not as good as TNG and DS9. More watchable than TOS though that isn't fair since TOS is so old now.

I'll go out on a limb and say that I like Enterprise more than most people but I honestly think that the devs have done a very good job sprinkling Enterprise related content into the game in a way that isn't jarring or lame (hOLo siMULaTiOns tO pRePaRE fOr j'ULa). Unlike Discovery story content so far which isn't much of a story as far as STO goes.

If the OP wants something like say Enterprise Era recruits, I don't think that's happening but it would be most welcome.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • crossmrcrossmr Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Most of the stuff we have from enterprise is secondary stuff like cosmetics, items/etc. DS9, Voyager, Discovery all have episodes/multiple missions associated with them. Yes, Daniels is in some time missions, and Archer is name dropped a couple times, but that's it. There is no enterprise time jump arc, or anything like that. I think there is like part of 1 mission but don't you have to stay away from the Enterprise and not let it see you?

Let's look at how busy the cast is as well:

Scott Bakula - he's been pretty busy, and may not be available, but a lot of the captains don't get involved.
    John Billingsley - He's also been pretty busy. May not be available.
    Jolene Blalock - She appears to have nothing going on
    Dominic Keating - He's somewhat busy but also a professional voice actor, so he should be fine
    Anthony Montgomery - He's on a soap opera now. Or was, that may have ended last year. He may be available
    Linda Park - She was busy, but seems to have quieted down in the last year or so
    Connor Trinneer - Somewhat busy, he may be available

based on their IMDB schedule you could probably get 5 of the 7 to do voice work, so that shouldn't be an issue. Who knows you might even be able to get Bakula and Billingsley if you caught them at the right time.

• really2297really2297 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I would like to see the temporal agent recruitment come back
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,205 Arc User
    Honestly I think the best we could hope for is either something "Disco" related, that involves T'Pol, or Archer since supposedly Admiral archer was still alive by that time. We might get more time travel shenanigans someday, that could bring in more of the cast, but those are the only two I could see fitting in easier
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    Can we at least get Enterprise era ground weapons?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Outside of the bridge, what else do you want?

Phase pistols, rifles, MACO weapons, spatial torpedoes, and the Enterprise era Intrepid are all things I'd like to see added.
    I blame the theme song ;)

Best theme song in the franchise!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yijcWsLda8&feature=youtu.be
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • crossmrcrossmr Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Enterprise ended after only 4 years and didn't really end "at the end" in the same way the others did. There is plenty of potential to write some stories involving that time and crew and other people from that era, especially if they could get the full cast.

I wouldn't mind seeing some more science related missions, maybe something like time traveling historian going back and studying some specific events or something of that nature.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    A rock solid list!

I'd like to add to it:

The particular Rigellian race for Feds to make characters out of is from Enterprise.
    The basic Tellarite look for Feds is from Enterprise.
    And all of the Andorian ships are from Enterprise.
    The KDF raptor class ships come from the Somraw in Enterprise.
    I completely disagree with the OP and I wonder what the OP was thinking when they posted this. We have so much stuff from Enterprise in STO. Including all of the following...

- 2 T6 NX Class variants (The NX Enterprise makes an appearance in at least two story missions)
    - Lower Tier NX ship that comes with the grappler console
    - T6 Enterprise-J (and it makes an appearance in a TFO and a story mission)
    - T5/T6 T'varo
    - Romulan Drone ship pets
    - T5 Vulcan ship
    - 6 total T5/T6 Andorian ships based on the Kumari
    - T6 Tellarite Ship
    - T6 Suliban cruiser
    - T1 Suliban cell ship
    - Multiple Elachi ships including a T5/T6 version of the one from Enteprise
    - Probably every single Xindi ship in the show at T5 and/or T6
    - T6 Orion Blackguard
    - Enterprise Era Starfleet uniforms
    - Mirror Enterprise Era Terran Starfleet uniforms
    - MACO Uniform in the lobi store
    - T'Pol outfit
    - Multiple Xindi outfits
    - Daniels time traveler outfit. Heck, DANIELS HIMSELF in multiple story missions
    - "Future Guy" in multiple story missions
    - Elachi freaking everywhere in the game throughout story missions, TFO's and patrols
    - Elachi NPCs and even an Elachi boff now
    - Suliban NPCs
    - Xindi NPCs and even a Xindi boff
    - Also Xindi Primate parts for Aliens so you can look like a Xindi primate
    - Xindi weapons in both space and ground
    - Denobulan NPC's IIRC and definitely Denobulan parts for Aliens so you can look like a Denobulan
    - Xindi doffs
    - Suliban doffs
    - Porthos as a pet (credit: westmetals)
    - Zefram Cochrane's shotgun (credit: westmetals)

I'm probably forgetting a bunch of stuff too because there's so freaking much stuff it's hard to remember all of it.

Outside of the bridge, what else do you want? The bridge was not added and almost no bridges have been added since that time since Cryptic announced that they were essentially not making bridges anymore.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2020
    crossmr wrote: »
    Enterprise ended after only 4 years and didn't really end "at the end" in the same way the others did. There is plenty of potential to write some stories involving that time and crew and other people from that era, especially if they could get the full cast.

Well... Scott Bakula did reprise his role as Archer in Star Trek Legacy...

And the finale was not the best. I did like how they tied it in with TNG, but at the same time it almost felt like it was either a crossover with TNG or just a TNG episode. It needed work.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited April 2020
    rattler2 wrote: »

And the finale was not the best. I did like how they tied it in with TNG, but at the same time it almost felt like it was either a crossover with TNG or just a TNG episode. It needed work.

Yeah that episode felt more like TNG episode with ENT stars as guest rather then the other way around, it was a decent episode just not a good finale for ENT.
  • peteed1985#9096 peteed1985 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have no idea what to do I made an account on these forums to ask for help finding out how to relearn the game as a returning player who preordered the CE and has a lifetime sub, signed up to this new devs fail forums 20 months ago now and yet I can't post threads only reply so I can't even make my own thread asking for help with the fact that I can't make threads...

Please note that, for a short period of time after account creation, posting new threads is disabled. You will still, however, be able to post replies on already-existing threads as you like. After this probationary period, you'll be able to create threads as normal. Thank you!

-The Arc Team

Short period? Bull......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    I can see Ent-Era Mirror universe trying to mess up OTL first contact in the future.

Edit: Is there anyone else who thinks a story tying into the Earth-Romulan war would be interesting?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    There really is a lot of Enterprise era stuff in the game, but it just isn't the same without the actors themselves, given how prevalent the other shows actors are within the game. And as much as I don't like the decision to pay for all that voice acting, they've already done it, and Enterprise representation among the voice acting is very much lacking.
    reyan01 wrote: »
    True, but it was certainly implied, by Zhaban, in 'Maps & Legends' that the " Zhat Vash holds a deep loathing and fear of artificial lifeforms" and pointed out the absence of any form of AI in Romulan culture.

I think there may be a discrepency in the kind of AI allowed. Ships need at least some form of AI to handle all the calculations and data searches being performed in day to day operations. Even something as simple as contacting someone on the ship from the bridge or some other location. Tapping a combadge and contacting someone in Engineering actually goes through the process of the ship's computer locating the individual and connecting you to them.

In this case, the distinction is probably sentience and atonomy. Something like Data, the Exocomps, and Nanites would fall under that category, whereas starship computer systems don't.

Basically the difference between modern real world's Siri and Halo's Cortana. One is a dumb AI, the other can actually think for herself and, in the case of Halo, can move from system to system and even control things by herself.
    So... its not lack of ANY kind of AI, its lack of AI that can think for itself like Data. Dumb AIs are ok as long as they don't pass a certain threshold.

As for not going after Data... I'm not sure if the Zhat Vash was even aware of him for the most part until Nemesis. They clearly didn't know about the Nanites or Exocomps either. Data, on the other hand, would have been identified for sure during the events of Nemesis. However due to Shinzon's coup, were powerless to try and act without exposing themselves.

The Tal Shiar themselves relied on secrecy to achieve their goals. The Zhat Vash was basically the boogy man of the boogy man. For them, secrecy was EVERYTHING. They "didn't exist".
    The problem for the Zhat Vash now is that the Federation knows of their existance.
    True, but it was certainly implied, by Zhaban, in 'Maps & Legends' that the " Zhat Vash holds a deep loathing and fear of artificial lifeforms" and pointed out the absence of any form of AI in Romulan culture.

I think there may be a discrepency in the kind of AI allowed. Ships need at least some form of AI to handle all the calculations and data searches being performed in day to day operations. Even something as simple as contacting someone on the ship from the bridge or some other location. Tapping a combadge and contacting someone in Engineering actually goes through the process of the ship's computer locating the individual and connecting you to them.

In this case, the distinction is probably sentience and atonomy. Something like Data, the Exocomps, and Nanites would fall under that category, whereas starship computer systems don't.

Basically the difference between modern real world's Siri and Halo's Cortana. One is a dumb AI, the other can actually think for herself and, in the case of Halo, can move from system to system and even control things by herself.
    So... its not lack of ANY kind of AI, its lack of AI that can think for itself like Data. Dumb AIs are ok as long as they don't pass a certain threshold.

As for not going after Data... I'm not sure if the Zhat Vash was even aware of him for the most part until Nemesis. They clearly didn't know about the Nanites or Exocomps either. Data, on the other hand, would have been identified for sure during the events of Nemesis. However due to Shinzon's coup, were powerless to try and act without exposing themselves.

The Tal Shiar themselves relied on secrecy to achieve their goals. The Zhat Vash was basically the boogy man of the boogy man. For them, secrecy was EVERYTHING. They "didn't exist".
    The problem for the Zhat Vash now is that the Federation knows of their existance.

This also assuming that Zhat Vash was in a position to do anything about Data, for all we know the reason they didn't vaporize Doctor Soong or kill Bruce Maddox (until PIC that is) was that they didn't have the political pull within RSE to do it. it wouldn't surprise me at all if during the TNG era Zhat Vash was essentially used to keep scientist and Tal Shiar agents in line thru fear but the organization itself had very little true power.

So the RSE goverment would make sure AI research within the RSE wouldn't get too advanced and in exchange the Zhat Vash would eliminated members of romulan scientist community or members of the Tal Shiar who would ask too many questions (or just wrong kind of questions) while not going after targets the RSE goverment didn't want them to go after (for example due fearing it would provoke a war with UFP)
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    There really is a lot of Enterprise era stuff in the game, but it just isn't the same without the actors themselves, given how prevalent the other shows actors are within the game. And as much as I don't like the decision to pay for all that voice acting, they've already done it, and Enterprise representation among the voice acting is very much lacking.

There's a difference though in the voice acting that exists in the game.

- TOS: Spock is mostly recorded and reused dialog since Nimoy passed away, Chekov was used as a temporal operative so they could excuse the fact that he'd either dead or really really old by the time we get to the 2400s. Scotty they had to use James Doohan's son for the role. Everyone else that they had were archival footage clips. The actors from this series though are aging.

- TNG: So far, Worf, Geordi, Tasha, Sela, Kurn (as he first appeared in TNG) have all been in game.

- DS9: Kira, Bashir, Nog, Odo, Quark, Martok, Female Founder, Weyoun, Brunt, Rom, Leeta have lent their voices to the game, among others.

_ Voy: Tuvok, Harry Kim, Tom Paris, Neelix, Seven, Miral Paris and Jhet'leya have all lent their voices to the game.

- DSC: Tilly, Lorca, Landry, Stamets and Burnham have all lent their voices to the game so far.

The biggest issue with DSC & TOS voices is that you either have to do the whole Temporal Operative thing or artificial recreation of them in order for them to exist in the game, especially since the game's story is no longer involving the 2250s for Discovery stuff.

Enterprise would also be equally as hard because of the fact that all the characters would fall into the same problem. Daniels is the lone exception since he's from the future and can come back at anytime.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »

Yeah that episode felt more like TNG episode with ENT stars as guest rather then the other way around, it was a decent episode just not a good finale for ENT.

According to an interview with the producers the finale was abstracted into a holodeck recreation that way to make it possible to restart the series if they could drum up enough support to sway or sidestep Moonves. If they had done it without the deniability of it being just the popular "official" version of a legend it would have hard-locked them into the events shown.
    questerius wrote: »
    I can see Ent-Era Mirror universe trying to mess up OTL first contact in the future.

Edit: Is there anyone else who thinks a story tying into the Earth-Romulan war would be interesting?

I don't know - if we see anything more of the Romulans, past-tense, I'd love to know why the Zhat Vash ignored Data, Lore and B4 (particuarly since the disassembled B4 was in Romulan hands at some point).
    The answer to your question is Alex Kurtzman.
    spiritborn wrote: »

According to an interview with the producers the finale was abstracted into a holodeck recreation that way to make it possible to restart the series if they could drum up enough support to sway or sidestep Moonves. If they had done it without the deniability of it being just the popular "official" version of a legend it would have hard-locked them into the events shown.
    I don't mind it being a holographic recreation, my issue with that episode is that the focus is on Riker and Troi and not the ENT cast. That's why called it a decent episode but a bad finale. A good finale should celebrate the series it ends.
    questerius wrote: »

I don't know - if we see anything more of the Romulans, past-tense, I'd love to know why the Zhat Vash ignored Data, Lore and B4 (particuarly since the disassembled B4 was in Romulan hands at some point).
    The answer to your question is Alex Kurtzman.

Honestly there's a perfectly logical explantion that doesn't demand assuming everyone working on the new series are total idiots and that's that Zhat Vash weren't as powerful during the height of RSE, after our sources on them aren't exactly reliable to begin with IIRC Picard's servants were not that high ranking Tal Shiar agents (before retiring) and active Zhat Vash agents have no reason to tell the truth.
This discussion has been closed.