test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which ship did you vote for?

Comments

• duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Nick Duguid's design, #1
    My first vote would have been for an updated T6 version of the Risian Cruiser. But since that wasn't an option...No.1
    While not sure what the legs/hydrofoils are suppose to be, its pretty sleek and fast looking. And has the ol' Tim Burton's Batmobile turbine intake too. ;)
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    duasyn wrote: »
    My first vote would have been for an updated T6 version of the Risian Cruiser. But since that wasn't an option...No.1
    While not sure what the legs/hydrofoils are suppose to be, its pretty sleek and fast looking. And has the ol' Tim Burton's Batmobile turbine intake too. ;)

Isn't that what #2 is? It seems like a ship where you can take the beach with you on your adventures. A ship with its own biodome is interesting, but it needs more work due to the hull and currently #1 has far more style. #1 seems more like a warship, but #2 certainly fits the style of the Luxury Cruiser the most.
  • arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    I'm not voting
    None of them look particularly enticing, so I'll grab whichever one wins for the admiralty card and mothball the ship alongside most of the other event ships I have accrued.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Nick Duguid's design, #1
    They all look pretty far out and hip. Though I think I wound up digging the first one the best.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • liontriadliontriad Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Christian Griffin's design, #2
    I voted for number 2 mainly because of the big holosphere in the middle, very appropriate for a science vessel. I dont like no1 mainly because it looks just like the jupiter and look like big slow whales. I prefer more sleeky sci ships.
  • kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Nick Duguid's design, #1
    S2ocTm4.jpg

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    Number two looks decent, but i hope they make it a small nimble vessel and not some lumbering hulk.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • relicthiefrelicthief Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    I need that big environment bubble.
    Ancient Alien.
  • thedarkphenoixthedarkphenoix Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    It's definitely between 2 and 4 for me. Though I voted for 2 in the end. It's the most unique design out of the 4 ships imo.

I just like the overall design, and having such a large habitat dome is very appealing, though due to that it's not a ship I would want to fly in combat ;) I could see this as a generational ship similar to the one we see, as a recent example, in the Orville, or garden ship like out of Battlestar Galactica.

Not overly keen on #1. It's just a very vanilla design. Too much of a hot rod boat combined with a starship for my tastes. It is a nice design, but too bland for me.

#3 is an interesting design, but I'm really not happy with the two domes being so high on the ship. if they were more recessed into the ship, and a portion of the front section was raised higher like on the original concept, I'd like it more. As is... I just want to paint the thing green and call it the "U.S.S. Kermit"

#4 I rather like. It's very much a submarine style. It's got some great lines and curves, and is a rather appealing design, but just like #1 for me it's a little too bland. A little too much of what I would expect of a Starship.

Would just like to thank everyone involved in this. It has been great to watch all the designs develop and grow into these beautiful concept images. Whichever one wins. I can't wait to see the finished model.
    Original wave Lifetimer and Closed Beta tester.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Jesse Heinig's design #3
    If they made it small and nimble like the Jellyfish, they'd be obliged to put it in a Promotion Box. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    Jesse Heinig's design #3
    Wow, those are some beautiful ship designs!

I had to pick ship 3. Even though it actually seems the least 'Risian' in design to me, it's the one I'd most like to see filling my screen while flying through space.

Design 2 is very nice but a bit Flash Gordon-y for my taste. Design 1 looks very ocean-predator style, perhaps a bit aggressive for the Risian mindset. Design 4 actually looks the most 'Risian' to me, but it also has a bit too much of that Flash Gordon/20,000 Leagues Under the Sea feel to me... kind of retro sci-fi.

Anyways, all nice, would be happy to fly any of them. But let's see a little more voting love for #3 please!
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    arabatur wrote: »
    None of them look particularly enticing, so I'll grab whichever one wins for the admiralty card and mothball the ship alongside most of the other event ships I have accrued.

LOL! They could mess up your plan.... by sticking THE most useful ship trait on it.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Nick Duguid's design, #1
    #1 got my vote. I mean, T5 Risian cruiser says speed, T5 & T6 Risian Corvettes say maximum speed on water or impulse in space, naturally #1 Nick Duguid's says mega-speed on water or in space, while housing many tourists and crew dedicated to charting new pleasure planets and boldly pleasuring like no one has pleasured before!!
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Nick Duguid's design, #1
    liontriad wrote: »
    I voted for number 2 mainly because of the big holosphere in the middle, very appropriate for a science vessel. I dont like no1 mainly because it looks just like the jupiter and look like big slow whales. I prefer more sleeky sci ships.

Very true, but it's thinner and sleeker, and once the nice wild Risian color schemes racing stripes show up it'll only have a passing resemblance. One could say number 2 is like a Nautilus and also not unique. The quest for speed often results in uniformity of designs, like in race cars, and it would be no coincidence federation ships which also focus on speed share some such design aspects, unlike space birds, or space bricks.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Jesse Heinig's design #3
    I was going to go with the obvious choice with number 1... but then I thought nah we have so many long ships and number 2 reminds me too much of another Fedbear ship so I decided to go with number Number 3.

It also reminds me of the Asgard from SG-1 which is pretty neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ4CBHe5R70
    e9334e9d1316bc4503c0032189d8bcb2.jpg​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Nick Duguid's design, #1

The T6 Risian Luxury Liner was suppose to be this years ship. But, they changed it up to next years ship so that they could do this.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Nick Duguid's design, #1
    I really liked 1 and 4 most, ultimately went with 1 because of those funny winglets/hydrofoils or whatever they are supposed to be that make it look like it was designed for deep sea, surface sea, and space exploration, and can probably put down on land somewhere too if it wanted. I do think it is a bit long, though.

I found 2 interesting but a little too simple and small, too focused on the biodome which we kinda already have in the cruiser, so it feels too much like rehashing that idea without bringing much new to the table.

For 3, what really put me off about that ship is the double dome setup. They don't look right like that. Maybe if they were blisters on the sides rather than on top I might like it more.

On 4, it looks like a neat submarine which is great, but the multi dome setup again puts me off since they are all in line with each other. Why have multiple domes that all have basically identical field of view? They look a lot more integrated though, which works a lot better.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Mike Fatum's design, #4
    I went with 4. The aft fin convinced me, it looks like a big bellied dolphin. I want catecean crew members pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • parmeggidoparmeggido Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    #2. Risa is supposed to have some of the most advanced environmental control systems out there, and this ship seemed to really push that.
  • zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    I voted for #1
    #1 looks the most Risian.
    #2 could be a sort of alien colony ship. overall looks massive with the landscape inside it.
    #3 looks like a racing corvette. Looks on the small side
    #4 could be a new Xindi Aqutic type of ship. for a new amphibious race.
    all have a place in game. I think.
    I cant brain I have the dumb
  • futilepurposefutilepurpose Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Easy choice, #2
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Nick Duguid's design, #1
    When I look at Design #3.
    3yjXLDR.png?1

What I see is a ship that looks like the Akira class.
    CO7Oa7p.jpg
    Post edited by trennan on
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    Nick Duguid's design, #1
    starkaos wrote: »

Isn't that what #2 is? It seems like a ship where you can take the beach with you on your adventures. A ship with its own biodome is interesting, but it needs more work due to the hull and currently #1 has far more style. #1 seems more like a warship, but #2 certainly fits the style of the Luxury Cruiser the most.

Not really. The change is too much. Take the other Risian ship for instance. Very little change was made between T5 and T6.
  • relicthiefrelicthief Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »

Not really. The change is too much. Take the other Risian ship for instance. Very little change was made between T5 and T6.

This isn't a T6 Risa Cruiser, it's a new ship altogether.
    Ancient Alien.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Mike Fatum's design, #4
    I liked 1, 2 and 4 about equally much. But what I wanted was a Risan Science Vessel Submarine, and the 4th seemed to fit the most. Though the first might, too, perhaps.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2020
    Jesse Heinig's design #3
    rezking wrote: »
    It was close, between 1 and 3.
    Ship 1 would have been the choice for me if it didn't look so elongated.
    Ship 3 looks like it can function as part of a Task Force but is at home in orbit above Risa.

I was mixed between 2 & 3 myself, mostly cause I'd love to see a Speedy, Nimble, and Manueverable Risian SCI Ship.
    westmetals wrote: »
    I voted for #3 as I felt it had the most design continuity with the Corvette.

My thoughts were similar, yet now we can just wait, and see what everyone thought.
    0zxlclk.png
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Mike Fatum's design, #4
    kimony wrote: »
    Remember:

KW7waLR.jpg

You already have this ship in the game. 7826392a713508a437ec22c5dfeeb5a1.jpg
  • beardrummer#0708 beardrummer Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @"saimorphx#5330" said:
    > %2 Doesn't look like an "active" ship it looks like a colony ship that would orbit a sun, like Yorktown, or in the case of #2 the predecessor to Yorktown.

I am sure there would still be a story there. Maybe a race of space faring folk who think of that ship as their "home planet", because the terrain under the bubble is all that's left of their home world.
This discussion has been closed.