test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A question about Winter Event in April

zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
So, should Rattler re-open - Rattler's Winter Events Tips and Tricks Thread - or just start a 2.0 version?
f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    I thought the event was today but I see no new announcement or schedule for it.​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    I thought the event was today but I see no new announcement or schedule for it.​​

It's started. Kinda. Q is where he usually is at the event and you can get to wonderland, but there's no event timer so you have no idea what's on except by asking around. And there appear to be no winter doff missions either :(
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
    ilithyn wrote: »

It's started. Kinda. Q is where he usually is at the event and you can get to wonderland, but there's no event timer so you have no idea what's on except by asking around. And there appear to be no winter doff missions either :(

Is it just me or is there awful lot of ground lag too?
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User

Is it just me or is there awful lot of ground lag too?

Not unusually much. At least not considering how many people are on and how many instances there are.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
    edited April 2020
    Great... another 2 days of unstable servers... You think Cryptic would be prepared this time for the influx of bots & players.
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User

There are doff missions, just not that many. Only one mission showed up for one toon, but 3 or 4 showed up for another.

Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    what's the cost of the lobi?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• p331p331 Member Posts: 161 Arc User

90 each of the common ornaments and 60 each of the uncommon ones.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    So, should Rattler re-open - Rattler's Winter Events Tips and Tricks Thread - or just start a 2.0 version?

Could always ask Darkblade to repin and reopen the most recent one. I know it would be a bit of a necro, but it does have the most updated stuff. *shrug*

@darkbladejk I would like to ask you opinion on that? Reopen the old thread or make a special Coronavirus Spring edition?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    If nothing in the event has changed then no reason not to recycle the old thread other than being really pedantic over a perceived necro.
    Well... its still pinned but closed. Not sure if it would fall under the Necro Rules or not. So I have requested an opinion.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    p331 wrote: »

thanks - this is a very kind price.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Could always ask Darkblade to repin and reopen the most recent one. I know it would be a bit of a necro, but it does have the most updated stuff. *shrug*

@darkbladejk I would like to ask you opinion on that? Reopen the old thread or make a special Coronavirus Spring edition?

It's still pinned for me. Closed of course, just under the FCT thread. You can't post anything to it, but you can jump in and read it.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    Hey guys for now I've re-opened the old thread to keep things organized since it was already pinned. It's also the one for the most recent event. If need be I will make a new thread for folks should issues arise.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The Dilitium Reward for the Bonus Days seems to have picked up where it left off. However, it will now increment up by 1k per day rather than 2.5k as before.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    also guys if you're having issues with the timers please let me know.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • crossmrcrossmr Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Tides of ice is broken and won't run properly Fishing isn't finished and when you go to tides of ice, nothing is happening. No borg snowmen, you can join, but not do anything and when it completes also no reward.
  • predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User

"Common". I have 30 targ muffs and 551 Andorian sleighbells.
    edited April 2020
    What I've noticed about the Doff Assignments is that Federation Characters start off with four and subsequent times are generally two with an occasional one, then recycling back to four. Five is possible but the fifth is not in the Current Tab. They tend to get more fours than the KDF.

KDF start off with two and may stay there or go to one, eventually hitting four. It really depends on the time you hit it and the Current 'Sector' cycle.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • toraknutoraknu Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    gentleman thx to the game masters for that short winter event (without some ship win) ?

but reallyl we have to sit at corona home and i barley like to see R I S A beaches , dance partys , flying jetpackjs
    and like to race for a ship and search lolunats until all the suns are going down .......

damm q in the summer .... who was the beach party disabler......
    This gives you more time to finish the Winter Event and claim the Ship.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    toraknu wrote: »
    gentleman thx to the game masters for that short winter event (without some ship win) ?

but reallyl we have to sit at corona home and i barley like to see R I S A beaches , dance partys , flying jetpackjs
    and like to race for a ship and search lolunats until all the suns are going down .......

damm q in the summer .... who was the beach party disabler......

Check you events tab in the journal. The Winter event is there, along with the ship progress, if you haven't already claimed it. If you have, then it will be the daily dil payout.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    Hey guys for now I've re-opened the old thread to keep things organized since it was already pinned. It's also the one for the most recent event. If need be I will make a new thread for folks should issues arise.

Thanks Darkblade. I'll go ahead and post in it so people see that its open again with the current date.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter

thanks - this is a very kind price.

Yea, I thought that was very nice of them as well.
    0zxlclk.png
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    I thought we'd be able to get a bit of lob every day, but it looks as if it was a one shot deal.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    I thought we'd be able to get a bit of lob every day, but it looks as if it was a one shot deal.

Yeah. The announcement listed it as a once-per-account purchase. But still, I'll take it! :)
This discussion has been closed.