test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FCD event will be extended due to the issues there have been with it.

ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    Thanks for the update. What about the people who bought out the event? Will they get recomposition? With just 1 week, they are still out dilithium.

Doesn’t the new system have a dilithium cap? Will that mean more people will hit the cap, or will our reward dilithium be reset?

Also how does this effect the winter event? Can two events run at the same time with the current system?

Just curious really. I will play no matter what. I like the game.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    > Thanks for the update. What about the people who bought out the event? Will they get recomposition? With just 1 week, they are still out dilithium.

Unlikely. There was no need to buy out early before the event was over unless having the shiny early was worth the price.

> Doesn’t the new system have a dilithium cap? Will that mean more people will hit the cap, or will our reward dilithium be reset?

A cap still means a giant pile of dil every day. If you bought out early to get more dil, then why? The buy out price would have fetched a small mountain of refined dil from the dil exchange.
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    > @davefenestrator said:
    > > Doesn’t the new system have a dilithium cap? Will that mean more people will hit the cap, or will our reward dilithium be reset?
    >
    > A cap still means a giant pile of dil every day. If you bought out early to get more dil, then why? The buy out price would have fetched a small mountain of refined dil from the dil exchange.

Good point.

Also more people will likely make more dilithium with the bonus week than they would if the system was working as intended. And there are often people who miss deadlines on the timed events anyway.

So I guess it is the best solution. It is also an easier to fix it too than to figure out how much people lost or create a new system.
  • Options
    grimoaldus1701grimoaldus1701 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    I love hearing "Magic Carpet Ride" at the end. So when are we getting some Vic Fontaine at Quark's? Maybe Quark does not want any broken tables...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0Snrm_gwOI
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    There is no upper limit on the Bonus Dilithium you could get per day. Whereas, the old System capped out at 25,000 Dilithium per day after an Event of 23 days or more with no buyouts, a 43 day Event would net you 37,000 Dilithium on that last day of that 43 day Event.

Show of hands, how many 43 day Events do we actually have?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Isn't it funny how immediately after kicking Admiralty payouts in the teeth we get a bug where people can get upwards of 30k dilithium a day? The only part that upsets me is knowing I won't be one of the people to be able to exploit that 'feature' for myself.

Also I really hope they finally fix the bug with the Phoenix rewards not being account unlocked. That'd be nice.
  • Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    where exactly is this said? I don't see anything on the news page.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,321 Arc User
    A few days extra dilithium. Did anyone do an Easter egg hunt for this mission already?
    I know you can hear a drunk counselor somewhere talking about "time".
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options

@captainbrian11 I linked in the quote. Clicked on it and you get the tweet where they say it.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited April 2020

News is only passed on social media. If you don't follow them on Facebook or Twitter then your only hope is people linking to the information like the OP of this thread was kind enough to do.

Our 'Community Manager' simply can't be bothered.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    I picked 43 because I thought they were 42 days. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Is Winter Wonderland being pushed back to extend First Contact Day?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    well if this is the case, guess I'll be able to snag a XP bonus on... EVERYONE!
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    You don't need a Facebook or Twitter page to check out what Ambassador Kael as well as the Star Trek Online team has said on social media. You can access that info without creating two accounts.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    @questerius what is this Easter Egg Hunt you speak of? You've gotten me curious...

:)
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,321 Arc User
    @crm14916

The devs have embedded some audio from the Movie First Contact. E.g. the barn where the Borg first use their transporter, after defeating the Borg.. move close to the barn and make sure audio is at max.

There may be others, but this is the one i know of.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Reports are after todays patch they broke the reward box which came with the badges where it says collect 1 of 3 items but you only have the xp bonus as reward and cannot claim it.

Glad to know QC hasn't been affected by the Coronavirus and everyone in that department is safe and healthy.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I just ran the TFO to verify. As was stated, you get the Box, open it, it only has the XP Boost in it (exhausted the Badges days ago) and it says select 1 of 3. You cannot select the XP Boost.

Let me posit this. There was absolutely no reason whatsoever to touch the Box. It was never a problem.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Update

I've not been collecting the badges during runs only the xp bonus. I've just ran the mission and the only way at present to collect anything from the reward box is if you have 2 badges left to collect with the XP bonus or 3 badges or more left to collect.

I don't know if this is a bug or an intentional change but you have to select 3 items to collect from the reward box

This change however the next time you come to run the event will have the reward box issue because you no longer have 3 items to select for collection.

Why they made this change god only knows?

I don't know about the dil rewards as I picked up my daily before the patch
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    If you get two Badges and the Boost and Select the Boost, the next time you are eligible to get that Box on that Character the XP Boost should be readded giving you three again. At this stage don't select a Badge as they won't replenish that.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    Seems to be fixed with the restart.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    Seems to be fixed with the restart.

Probably the reason we had it, the restart that is.
This discussion has been closed.