test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't reclaim Toy Rocket Launcher and Holo Emitter from the FCD Event

jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
As per GM Zildross request, I'm opening this thread so that others may use it, too.

Basically, once I completed the First Contact Day Event, reclaiming the Toy Rocket Launcher and the Holo Emitter is simply... not possible, on ANY character, not even the one that actually claimed the rewards.

Also, the Specialization Point was automatically awarded to the character that clicked "claim", instead of coming as an item that could be transferred through the account bank to other characters, (which was something that I would've done, since the toon I claimed the rewards with did not need the point).​​
kv1Ohsx.png
Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
- quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
- quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
- quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Same issue here, can't re-claim the Rocket Launcher or Holo Emitter.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • devencombsdevencombs Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    Same for me. I can't reclaim either item for my other characters. This page says they are account wide unlocks.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11386403-defend-first-contact-day!
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    If you read the event reward info page, it clearly states only the first character to claim the reward receives the First Contact Day Bundle.
  • devencombsdevencombs Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    If you read the event reward info page, it clearly states only the first character to claim the reward receives the First Contact Day Bundle.

If YOU read the page, it clearly states they are account wide unlocks. See below.

“Launch Toy Rocket” Social Device (Account Unlock)
    Holo-Emitter – Phoenix Shuttle (Account Unlock)

• tagentagen Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    edited April 2020

And the announcement page clearly lists the claim status of each individual item with the specialization point and dilithium saying they can't be reclaimed and the toy and holo-emitter saying they are account unlocks.

The two things need not be mutually exclusive since reclaiming the toy and emitter would not be getting the whole bundle again. Or, the toy and emitter could have been intended to be account bound items that can be passed to other characters as needed. I'd have been ok with that.

We need Cryptic to explain what is going on here. People are claiming the reward based on what they have been told and, for some of us, that means we would not have claimed on the character we did had we been told the holo-emitter was once only.
    devencombs wrote: »
    If YOU read the page, it clearly states they are account wide unlocks. See below.

I believe kaithan was referring to the text in game when you click on "Reward Info".
    unknown.png

The problem is that the text here is not as clear as that in the announcement which specifically spells out the status of each item. Plus, you would have to know to click on that info to see if it is any different from the announcement which you may not do since the announcement already provided information on the rewards.

And, as I mentioned, it does not have to mean the toy and emitter are not account unlocks.
    Post edited by tagen on
  • jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    Same here ... Unable to find the account unlock vanity items anywhere ...
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11386403-defend-first-contact-day!

- Console – Universal – Temporal Vortex Probe (Account Unlock)
    - First Contact Day Bundle – contains all of the following:
    1x Captain Specialization Point (cannot reclaim)
    25,000 Dilithium Ore (cannot reclaim)

The Vortex Probe is in the apropriate SPACE EQUIP tab to be reclaimed, the Toy Rocket & Holo Emitter should be in the same location as the Dot-7 non-combat pet ... aka the MISC TAB

• oclosoclos Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Probably. If it was misleading or erroneous info they at least ought to make them account bound items. As I would not have claimed them on the toon/alt I did if I knew they'd be only useful there. I RP my toons and that's a TOS based toon when Phoenix Warp 1 ship would be useless as a ship disguise. I have other toons/alts that can use it though.
    Adm. Necheyev didn't own ANY Starfleet ships. Starfleet did. Also she didn't make one bolt, connect a single wire, gelpack or device, or otherwise helped on making them. I find it presumptuous she claimed it was HER ships. In fact saying as much would probably warranty a reprimand from any of her superiors in Federation and possibly not participating in said actions as other superior personnel do, would in our days(2409 onwards) result in herself facing the same fate as what she has threatened, in that same penal colony.
  • betsyphotog#1877 betsyphotog Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Adding my name to the list. I wouldn't have claimed the reward on the character I did, if I'd known I wouldn't be able to reclaim the toy rocket.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    oclos wrote: »
    Probably. If it was misleading or erroneous info they at least ought to make them account bound items. As I would not have claimed them on the toon/alt I did if I knew they'd be only useful there.
    Same here. The toon I claimed the reward with was the one that had no Dilithium Ore and, coincidentally, is also the one that have all the knickknacks from all previous years events. So, if they are indeed meant to be claimable only once per account, they should've been way more specific in annoucing it so that people could've choosen better.

It's not such a big deal, in the sense that I can survive without both items with no problem at all, but if they're moving towards account-unlocks for old items within this new event system, I think it's a good idea to give them as much info as we can if a problem presents itself.

But I guess it's easier to just say "if you had read this and this and that".​​
    kv1Ohsx.png

- quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
    Same here. The toon I claimed the reward with was the one that had no Dilithium Ore and, coincidentally, is also the one that have all the knickknacks from all previous years events. So, if they are indeed meant to be claimable only once per account, they should've been way more specific in annoucing it so that people could've choosen better.

It's not such a big deal, in the sense that I can survive without both items with no problem at all, but if they're moving towards account-unlocks for old items within this new event system, I think it's a good idea to give them as much info as we can if a problem presents itself.

But I guess it's easier to just say "if you had read this and this and that".​​

True that these items are not the end of the world. But the bigger picture for me is that the only way to excuse the error at this point would be for Cryptic to say they get things wrong so often that it would be irresponsible for any of us to believe the announcements. Which...probably not a great message to send? :)
    @tagen Zildross, in his email, said that this is a bug and that's why he suggested I opened this thread, to accumulate as much info as possible. So, while we all know that the announcements often contain typos, in this case I'm inclined to belive that it's a genuine bug.
    One that I'm no hurry to see fixed, considering the time of crysis we're all living true, but that was in need to be reported anyway.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Comment removed.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    @tagen Zildross, in his email, said that this is a bug and that's why he suggested I opened this thread, to accumulate as much info as possible. So, while we all know that the announcements often contain typos, in this case I'm inclined to belive that it's a genuine bug.
    One that I'm no hurry to see fixed, considering the time of crysis we're all living true, but that was in need to be reported anyway.​​

Ah, ok. I thought it might have been similar to the response I sometimes get from a ticket saying there is nothing they can do to fix the issue, but I should report it as a bug. If you were told it is an actual bug and the announcement was wrong, that's a different story! :)
    @ltminns I agree, up to a point. I'll be happy to discuss it with you, but not here. Let's just leave this thread for the bug report, as it should be. Please?

@tagen Eh, no worries! I should've specified it in the opening post, but it was quite late and I had a long day.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png

• eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    I claimed the reward on my main character, Lezlie, since I usually do anyways. She's also the one I really wanted to try the console on first. Same character who already had one in her inventory from last year's event. As well as being the only one who has one at all, now she has two, and they're character locked.

But when I went to reclaim from my other characters, I noticed I could not get the rocket or holo-emitter. I am disappointed, since I really wanted the toy rocket. Not that it's the worst thing ever, but I was looking forward to it being account-wide.
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
  • stalkmercstalkmerc Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Same here. Claimed this reward on one of my "auxiliary" toons, because he had no dill and my main has a tonn of unrefined.
    Unversal console, yes, reclaimable in the space equip tab, but holo-emitter and the toy are nowhere to be found, hence can not be reclaimed on any other character.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    Those items were character unlocks in previous years. Looks like someone thought about how the new event system would make it impossible for your other characters to get them, and even put it into the blog post, but nobody managed to get the change into the game itself.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    Was this ever resolved? Or at least get any kind of response from the devs? Thanks.
    I haven't gotten any news about it at all, so I'm simply keeping my fingers crossed that they haven't forgot.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png