test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is no one interested in content expansion? Habitable Biomes!

123578

Comments

  • oclosoclos Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Yes, I'm well aware of that. What I'd like to see (in focusing on how to make this work for STO and get to the core benefits of the OP's suggestion without rebuilding the game from stractch to accommodate that kind of live building) is a space where those triggers are built around more immediate and personal decision making in the context of world building, character, and story telling. Ie. basic motivators of playing an video game (do we need to pretend this is also a point for debate?) Being able to place specific assets where ever I want is not required, at all to carry that out. Maybe you don't see that, but what does that matter to me? If it works, it works. It's self correcting per natural selection. That's how feedback goes.

    In referencing fleet holdings, you should have been able to do the math on this one. Take that same principle and built it into a personal space where the targets for completing these projects fall into much more achievable means . Furthermore, build these spaces so that they can be used in gameplay (as the fleet holding space map was back in season 6.
    How, or even WHY for that matter, would something like a personal apartment on Risa by affected by what you do in any sort of story mission, patrol, TFO, or any other such gameplay mechanic, to meet the requirements you set above of having it be determined by "immediate and personal decision making in the context of world building, character, and story telling"?

    Beyond that, an apartment, or something similar, with pre-set item locations would just lead to another fleet holding situation, where people throw a whole bunch of resources in it not for the appearance changes, but for item store unlocks. Then they get the items they want, and then never go back. Except, in this case, something like a personal holding wouldn't logically have the item stores with powerful gear one would logically get from a fleet holding, so they would be doing all this for literally nothing, and thus have no reason to even get involved in the first place.

    Then there's another thing to consider, the reason why Cryptic stopped making social maps in the first place is because it didn't matter how much time or effort they put into them, or how many functions they had, people would just go right past them back to ESD or First city to do everything. Even if Cryptic put everything from a basic item vendor, to a tailor, and an exchange, on it, why would people spend the time going there instead of ESD?

    The only reason why such a system would be even worth doing is for the ability to fully customize it any way you want by placing things anywhere you want. Not having that is literally just saying "make it worthless"

    I disagree. People choose ESD cause they're more familiar with it. And frankly it is faster to find stuff there. Plus there's more than one accessible option for many of them(etc shipyard and exchange have mail and banks in addition to the Officers HQ room). That does not mean that they will not be useful or wanted anywhere and they shouldn't be accessible elsewhere. There are a ton of missions related to Bajor and DS9. Bajor has none and why the heck aren't there accessible banks and mail services in the most logical place in DS9 which would be Quark's bar or visibly next to it, in an ATM fashion, or in the 1st floor hallway that has loads of open space with nothing on it?). I could also use and often use Romulan HQ for that purpose which is also easy to find most of the stuff on. And Drozana when I'm near it.

    But it would also help a lot if they had more transwarp points leading to social areas they'd want to get visited. IMO transwarp auto destinations should be selectable. Also they should have added professions to social areas working throughout the year with selectable merchandise. Say Bajor with Jumla sticks selling or producing. And if one had an Earth plantation/vineyard, trade Chateau Picard of various years with other goods there, maybe open a franchise. Risa, something with the birds or luxurious items. Etc. That would make social areas much more desirable as destinations. There are other ways too, including expanding them and adding high quality graphic stuff. E.g. add some tropical jungles where science officers can search for medicine materials, or humanoid surveys or botanical research to catalogue local flora and fauna, etc. Mountainous cave areas where engineers could mine for materials, Wastelands were tacticals could perform military exercises or enroll on tactics educational classes. That sort of thing. Give some sort of vision to those meant to using them.

    And use Pahvo or better grade graphics so it's beautiful to look at them. Not just, "hey these are some new social areas made, go visit them now". Cause why would anyone do that more than a few times if there is nothing there to do other than bank and mail use? When is the last time any of you had an actual vacation on Risa without competition, just doing things on a personal level as an actual vacation, all year long? Isn't there stuff to do? Archaeological expeditions(scientists could do the expedition and search, while tacticals would deal with policing or security and threats elimination and engineers could provide the tools or analyse the soil etc.), improve or repair meteorological equipment and satellites(remember Kal Dano mission when they're mentioned?) and others based on Star trek existing lore or what happens in everyday life.

    Adm. Necheyev didn't own ANY Starfleet ships. Starfleet did. Also she didn't make one bolt, connect a single wire, gelpack or device, or otherwise helped on making them. I find it presumptuous she claimed it was HER ships. In fact saying as much would probably warranty a reprimand from any of her superiors in Federation and possibly not participating in said actions as other superior personnel do, would in our days(2409 onwards) result in herself facing the same fate as what she has threatened, in that same penal colony.
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    A TFO is an active event that you are participating in, following a ship convoy with a 16% chance for an enemy encounter is a passive event that you can just set your ship to go forward and then walk away. One is doing something, the other is waiting for something to happen.

    You haven't answered my question though. How is doing the same thing a number times like blowing up stuff any different? It's the same repetitive task. You're doing a mindless task like anyone else playing this game is doing. Just because you can finish it quicker doesn't change that.
    Sure, but that isn't what Star Trek is about, nor should it be what Star Trek Online is about either. If you want that, go play the Sims. Those kind of games exist to fulfill that sort of gameplay, and not every game has to do it. I don't expect Doom to have Animal Crossing island management.

    Not saying it is. Nor is Star Trek about blowing TRIBBLE up repetitively or chasing the DPS goal posts that you seem to believe.

    "It's to seek out new life and new civilisations, to boldly go where no one has gone before."

    Oh right I almost forgot... NUTrek.
    "It was never going to be any of the things. Not only couldn’t it be those things if it tried, but it wasn’t going to try. Because that’s not what we have to do. Sometimes you’re motivated to have things simply because it’s possibly going to TRIBBLE off or provoke people who seem to have missed the memo about just what exactly “Star Trek” is and always has been all about." - Chabon

    I missed that memo. Star Trek is about violence and intolerance. It's about murdering people for revenge etc. They should hire Michael Bay while they're at it. At least I can see what is happening in his explosions.​​
    Post edited by terranempire#7881 on
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Not that I disagree with the sentiment that the STO should not be a moisture farming sim...but did you seriously make the argument that Star Trek is a more blow em up IP than Star Wars?!?
    No. Star Wars wasn't about moisture farming, and looking at SWG, the game imploded on itself because the devs had no idea what they were doing from the get go. Which is why I always find it funny when people try to use SWG as justification for anything. SWG is ltierally the definition of how NOT to do anything ever.

    What I find hilarious stomtaawkhar is that you think exactly like those who you claim "had no idea of what they were doing".
    "We really needed to give people the experience of being Han Solo or Luke Skywalker rather than being Uncle Owen, the moisture farmer. We wanted more instant gratification: kill, get treasure, repeat. We needed to give people more of an opportunity to be a part of what they have seen in the movies rather than something they had created themselves."

    It wasn't just SOE fault. It was idiots at LA putting pressure on the devs to copy WoW that lead to their failure. Sandboxes aren't failures it's funny people that 'don't get them' or those who think that something is only engaging is when you're shooting at it.​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2020

    That being said, the only Star Trek where the crew didn't fight almost everything they came across was TNG, and only because Picard was so self righteous he cared more about his image then the safety of his crew. Everyone else from Kirk to Archer fought, and frequently killed, their opponents. Not to mention the large number of wars humanity, and the Federation, have gotten themselves into
    • Eugenics Wars
    • WW3
    • Earth-Kzin Wars
    • Xindi Conflict
    • Earth-Romulan War
    • Federation-Klingon War
    • Cardassian War
    • Galen Border Conflict
    • Tzenkethi Wars
    • Dominion War
    • Temporal Cold War
    Star Trek history has been a near constant stream of conflict for the good guys over the course of the 300+ years the canon covers.

    For one Kirk era was like the Cold War. Not WWII. Second Archer era was just getting its foot into space and hadn't yet become the Federation of Planets as it exists.

    Your argument falls flat. Kirk battled that Gorn captain and decided to spare him even though he and his crew killed a Federation colony. The Federation didn't just go out on a war quest and murder people because it felt like justice to them. Star Trek isn't all about war... it's about resolving your problems. It doesn't mean you just kill the bad guys to win. You're simplifying it and making it look cheap.​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Whats funny about this argument is that Star Trek stopped being this even in TNG, where most episodes of TNG had them politicking with species that the Federation had already encountered decades ago.

    Yeah... sure... Somtaawkhar whatever you say...

    TNG: Progenitors, Calamarain, Anaphasic lifeform, Beta Renner cloud, Douwd, Borg, Q, Ophidian, Crystalline entity? They already knew them! Sure... Did you even watch TNG? Like at all?

    Anyone else feel free to add to the list of any that I missed.

    It wasn't about pushing new boundaries? Ok...

    *cough* Where No One Has Gone Before & The Nth Degree *cough*

    DS9 wasn't about that either? Do I really need to remind you of all the new races they met there? Voyager? Really? Come on you're just making it up now.​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 55,670 Community Moderator
    Ok... probably should ease up on the saber rattling a bit guys before Darkblade pokes his Hussar Helmet in here...

    I do want to point out though, that there were times Picard actually outplayed his opponents and defeated them without firing a shot. For example that one time Tomalok lured the Enterprise into the Neutral Zone to justify attacking her as a pretence for war with the Federation, and Picard revealed he had a squadron of Klingons with him.

    Picard may have been more of a diplomat than Kirk, but if the situation called for it, Picard was actually quite skilled in combat.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Yes, lets ignore all the episodes of TNG focused on the Klingons and Romulans. Or all the "new" species that were introduced that the Federation had met before the episode of TNG they first appeared in

    I am not ignoring that. You're the one that's pretending they stopped doing all those things with your blanket statement of:
    "Whats funny about this argument is that Star Trek stopped being"

    "It's to seek out new life and new civilisations, to boldly go where no one has gone before."


    Just because I like Terran Empire or Dominion Wars doesn't mean that's the only thing that defines what Trek is about like you do.​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • paladinrja#5247 paladinrja Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Its not an issue guys. I've made it clear games like Subnautica and No Mans Sky (more recently) premise the thread. Neither are anything like the sims. Nor is @terranempires suggestion based off being actually "on topic".

    Its also true there are other, more obvious ways to properly interpret what the producers have said in the past. Contextually, its a faithful admission that beyond a certain point there is not much for players to do with their careers, or this hoard of stuff they've accumulated, and keep accumulating, via events. Its a concern for them and I can appreciate that.

    @somtaawkhar, its clearly obvious this thread is making you exponentially angry. I feel like you've made it quite clear you're neither willing to properly get on board the topic, much less support it -- many posts ago. Embattling others by picking posts apart, in order to derail discussion with hyperbole, is quite rude. It should have been obvious to you by now, that, like anything introduced into the game, participation is entirely up to you.

    Finally, I'd like to extend an open invitation to the producers of the game to explore this idea with us in their game, and how it might take shape? should the time and interest be available to them. -- Should there be a need to format the idea in a different way? I'd welcome direction and would be more than happy to freely develop this, as I'm sure others would.


    Now, I suggest we get back on track before an official decides to make it quite clear, that the games funding, business and technical development; isn't something we need to concern ourselves with? -- As they either directly employ, or outsource people to handle such matters.

    Try to stay aware that from the perspective of the games producers, this is a job; and the same etiquette applies, as is standard between any two parties when discussing &/ requesting work.

    TIA
    Post edited by paladinrja#5247 on
    XBOX One GT: Paladinrja
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,481 Arc User
    'Will no one rid me of this turbulent Thread?'
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 9,832 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Its not an issue guys. I've made it clear games like Subnautica and No Mans Sky (more recently) premise the thread. Neither are anything like the sims. Nor is @terranempires suggestion based off being actually "on topic".

    Its also true there are other, more obvious ways to properly interpret what the producers have said in the past. Contextually, its a faithful admission that beyond a certain point there is not much for players to do with their careers, or this hoard of stuff they've accumulated, and keep accumulating, via events. Its a concern for them and I can appreciate that.

    @somtaawkhar, its clearly obvious this thread is making you exponentially angry. I feel like you've made it quite clear you're neither willing to properly get on board the topic, much less support it -- many posts ago. Embattling others by picking posts apart, in order to derail discussion with hyperbole, is quite rude. It should have been obvious to you by now, that, like anything introduced into the game, participation is entirely up to you.

    Finally, I'd like to extend an open invitation to the producers of the game to explore this idea with us in their game, and how it might take shape? should the time and interest be available to them. -- Should there be a need to format the idea in a different way? I'd welcome direction and would be more than happy to freely develop this, as I'm sure others would.

    At this point it might be best to ask a moderator to close this thread and try again with reworked version of this topic.

    If you'll accept some advice, in my opinion why this thread didn't turn out the way you'd hoped is that you didn't make it clear in the first post that you understand that there is almost no chance of this actually happening.

    Consider this topic: let's discuss how we can add the biomes version of strongholds / player housing / simcity to the game

    That invites people to consider the practical and business aspects of making this change. Those who want the features feel like we're stifling discussion by pointing out real-world problems with implementation.

    Consider this topic: let's discuss how it would be fun to have biome creation in the game, even if it isn't practical.

    If you make it clear up front that you don't care about business realities or the F.C.T. closed topics of custom interiors and STO 2.0, then people who want to tell you why it isn't going to happen should stay away, and if you're clear enough then people might even flag such intrusion for moderation as derailment.


    (If you do intend to insist that the change is easy, will surely pay for itself, etc. then you're going to have to accept discussion about that. This is "general discussion" not "everyone must agree with me".)


  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Nor is @terranempires suggestion based off being actually "on topic".

    I was only pointing out that not everyone thinks "shooting" is the be-all and end-all. Not that Star Trek Online should be about being Uncle Owen... People who read that and took that literally... yeah... you missed the point entirely. It was mean't only as example that not everything is about blowing things up exclusively and there are other things that STO can do besides that but didn't. So I am just going to detract everything and you can continue to argue with somtaawkhar about how Star Trek is only about killing things.
    Its also true there are other, more obvious ways to properly interpret what the producers have said in the past.

    I believe this may have lead to moving the discussion off-topic which I can agree on. However I disagree that there is more obvious ways to interpret what these producers have said. If I called you "man baby" as a counter argument like Rian Johnson often does or called you "Toxic and sad little corner of fandom" how would you interpret it?

    Good luck with your suggestions OP.​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • paladinrja#5247 paladinrja Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Theres really no need for anyone to attempt to justify their behavior. If you're not supportive of the idea and have made your point, move on? -- I'm not interested in arguing with anyone online for any reason.

    Look, I'm well aware some of you persistently exist in the forum and are easily intruded upon. I'd like to remind you that much of the games community are persistently in the game? -- So from time to time, are going to take time, out of the game and raise topics they feel deserve public attention here. This place is provided for them and exactly that reason.

    May I suggest starting your own discord (or something) if anyone feels it should be otherwise? -- I dunno if some of you realise this; but frustrating and embattling others in practically every-single-thread? Isn't a good look. Lol!

    XBOX One GT: Paladinrja
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Theres really no need for anyone to attempt to justify their behavior. If you're not supportive of the idea and have made your point, move on? -- I'm not interested in arguing with anyone online for any reason.

    When people have a conversation they do so to debate about a topic while also exchanging ideas. That is the whole point of having a discussion. Yes I usually disagree with somtaawkhar but they should be allowed to make their argument while keeping it reasonably civil. If you want everyone to just agree with you on every point you make then it no longer becomes a discussion, sorry OP. You would be better off raising this to one of the developers themselves in one of their live streams or through direct messages or make it clear that nobody is allowed to interfere with your suggestions in the title.​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • paladinrja#5247 paladinrja Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    Nor is @terranempires suggestion based off being actually "on topic".

    I was only pointing out that not everyone thinks "shooting" is the be-all and end-all. Not that Star Trek Online should be about being Uncle Owen... People who read that and took that literally... yeah... you missed the point entirely. It was mean't only as example that not everything is about blowing things up exclusively and there are other things that STO can do besides that but didn't. So I am just going to detract everything and you can continue to argue with somtaawkhar about how Star Trek is only about killing things.
    Its also true there are other, more obvious ways to properly interpret what the producers have said in the past.

    I believe this may have lead to moving the discussion off-topic which I can agree on. However I disagree that there is more obvious ways to interpret what these producers have said. If I called you "man baby" as a counter argument like Rian Johnson often does or called you "Toxic and sad little corner of fandom" how would you interpret it?

    Good luck with your suggestions OP.​​

    Oh, I understood your point very well and even went on to explain its transformative implications.

    Not entirely sure what you mean in your second point tbh..? If you merely want to say "..everyone is entitled to their own interpretation, and one is no more valid than another" then, sure. Thats generally true. However, if you're deducing away from the critical path then objectivity goes out the window, right?
    XBOX One GT: Paladinrja
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2020

    Not entirely sure what you mean in your second point tbh..? If you merely want to say "..everyone is entitled to their own interpretation, and one is no more valid than another" then, sure. Thats generally true. However, if you're deducing away from the critical path then objectivity goes out the window, right?

    Second point is you can get your message across without just insulting people. I have seen plenty of show runners disagree with fans before. Never have I seen them call them all those things you see quoted before you. It's really unprofessional and I expect better from those who claim to be intellectually superior in all things Trek compared to fans.​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »

    As for all the wars...fair enough that there were a lot of wars in the Trek universe...but ALL of Trek was that? Really? Hell half of those are ones we don't even see on screen. There was NOTHING else in Trek other than those wars? REALLY? And what do we see for Star Wars in screen? A war trilogy...followed by a war prequel trilogy followed by another war trilogy. On and a series about war...and another series about war. There is NOWAY that Trek is the more blow em up IP of the two...no if and or buts about this. And yet SWG and hell even SWtOR is less of a mass genocide war game than STO...Where the "good guys" blows up tens of thousands of people on a mission as par for the course. And how many story missions do we have in the span of what, 2 years we have progressed in game now? We are MONSTERS in this game.

    What some people think Trek is about:


    What Trek is really about:
    UGiUGZX.jpg​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • paladinrja#5247 paladinrja Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited April 2020

    Not entirely sure what you mean in your second point tbh..? If you merely want to say "..everyone is entitled to their own interpretation, and one is no more valid than another" then, sure. Thats generally true. However, if you're deducing away from the critical path then objectivity goes out the window, right?

    Second point is you can get your message across without just insulting people. I have seen plenty of show runners disagree with fans before. Never have I seen them call them all those things you see quoted before you. It's really unprofessional and I expect better from those who claim to be intellectually superior in all things Trek compared to fans.​​
    Yeah.. ya kinda lost me a bit.. but I agree. Its much better for people to be as constructive as they can, and honest (at least with themselves) about their position in any given set of circumstances.

    Sorry for the long reply. I'm actually trying to find a Tholian Capt. on Nukara.
    XBOX One GT: Paladinrja
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,481 Arc User
    Need to do the TFO.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • paladinrja#5247 paladinrja Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Need to do the TFO.

    Yah, lol, thats what I ended up doing. Had to convince some newly players in the area to join in. No one was jumping in the cue. -- mutual benefit ftw ;)
    XBOX One GT: Paladinrja
  • sirsitsalotsirsitsalot Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    'Will no one rid me of this turbulent Thread?'

    Rid yourself of it by just not reading it. We'll keep on discussing things that we think can improve the game by adding more depth and meaning to the things we ccan have and do in it...

    You have a nice day now...
    There can be no meeting of the minds between two parties
    if both parties are not willing to meet in the middle...
  • keepcalmchiveonkeepcalmchiveon Member Posts: 4,140 Arc User
    lots of heated exchanges, and certainly emotive replies.

    i for one would not go against having something else in this game similar to SWG when it first came out. Im not looking to debate the oddities and diffs b/w STO and SWG, or for that matter SWTOR, but many other games have some sort of personal house, apt, space etc.

    i dont see why they cant build out a few huge towers off starfleet academy and turn those into condo instances.

    why cant they put a resort building on Risa, and make it another instance.

    New Romulas? why not.

    DS9? sure.

    its not like they can instance these places and provide an alternate means of enjoyment from the game. aside from launch, travel, pew pew, pew pew, travel, pew pew, beam down, pew pew, talk, etc etc etc.

    i recall way back in the day, they had floor trophies and stuff. if i also recall, the ship bridges were to act as a "house" for your toon, but the idea fell flat i think and while they offer different bridges, no one really uses them, and i dont think any floor trophies really are in the game anymore.

    so to the OPs point, i for one would enjoy something else in this game to occupy myself and to build on my toons. i did really enjoy this with SWG, but sadly that game is no longer around.

  • keepcalmchiveonkeepcalmchiveon Member Posts: 4,140 Arc User
    i dont see why they cant build out a few huge towers off starfleet academy and turn those into condo instances.
    As Cryptic themselves have stated several times during livestrems and interviews, they literally don't have the teamsize for it.

    and? doesnt mean we cant discuss and keep it in the foreground for them. playable content. new stuff. not just pew pew all the time.

    i said i didnt have time or money during beta to get the life sub. but i did. :)

  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    I am not ignoring that. You're the one that's pretending they stopped doing all those things with your blanket statement of:
    "Whats funny about this argument is that Star Trek stopped being"

    "It's to seek out new life and new civilisations, to boldly go where no one has gone before."


    Just because I like Terran Empire or Dominion Wars doesn't mean that's the only thing that defines what Trek is about like you do.
    Stopped being about =/= includes none of it. Your argument is fundamentally based on a strawman.

    Just like Voyager not being about seeking out new life doesn't mean they didn't do it sometimes.
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    As for all the wars...fair enough that there were a lot of wars in the Trek universe...but ALL of Trek was that? Really? Hell half of those are ones we don't even see on screen. There was NOTHING else in Trek other than those wars? REALLY?
    I have no desire to argue a strawman.

    But, just for information. The Dominion War alone takes up over 10% of all of Star Trek's episodes. More if you count all the side stories that aren't just "we need to blow up this enemy shipyard!" episodes. The Xindi conflict took up most of the 26 episode S3 of Enterprise, with a dozen or so episodes from S1+2 tied into it via the Temporal Cold War. This not getting into the Klingon civil war from TNG, or the Klingon conflicts in DS9, Discovery S1, and other conflict based stories. IIRC, something around 1/4 of all Trek episodes are based on one war or another.

    Star Trek absolutely stomps Star Wars in terms of how much war content it has. Its not even a comparison.

    Sorry @somtaawkhar just because you can't or won't argue anymore doesn't mean it's a straw man.​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    i dont see why they cant build out a few huge towers off starfleet academy and turn those into condo instances.
    As Cryptic themselves have stated several times during livestrems and interviews, they literally don't have the teamsize for it.

    and? doesnt mean we cant discuss and keep it in the foreground for them. playable content. new stuff. not just pew pew all the time.

    i said i didnt have time or money during beta to get the life sub. but i did. :)

    It does if somtaawkhar believes he is in charge of F.C.T.​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
Sign In or Register to comment.