test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A question about a Romulan Republic Uniform Badge.

ultimoore#6295 ultimoore Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Hey everyone,

I have been playing as a Romulan for the past 4 months. I love being a Romulan as well the Story is wonderful. It fits far more for progression to the Hobus event. anyways... Lately I have noticed a few player have a Romulan Republic Badge on their Uniforms and some clothing. I cant find anything on the wiki about it. Is it a special thing that comes with purchasing the game? Or is it something I can obtain in game?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• tagentagen Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    You know, I never really looked at that. I still find some of the tailor aspects confusing when it comes to where certain items can be found.

I did take a look for this, though, and the only Romulan badges I found were on the Romulan Veteran uniforms. There may be others hiding in the various options that change depending on what other pieces are being worn, or unlocked through other means. Maybe a fleet outfit option?

I'll keep looking, but hopefully someone knows what all the options are.

Edit - this is the one I was referring to:
    unknown.png
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Hey everyone,

I have been playing as a Romulan for the past 4 months. I love being a Romulan as well the Story is wonderful. It fits far more for progression to the Hobus event. anyways... Lately I have noticed a few player have a Romulan Republic Badge on their Uniforms and some clothing. I cant find anything on the wiki about it. Is it a special thing that comes with purchasing the game? Or is it something I can obtain in game?
    Only Romulan Republic badges I know of are the ones tied to the rank insignia (IIRC full admiral or higher have the Republic emblem on their insignia). There's no seperate Romulan Republic badge that I know of.

EDIT:epwyGSz.jpg

You mean like this?
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    tagen wrote: »
    Edit - this is the one I was referring to:
    unknown.png

I think that particular one is tied to the Veteran Jacket. Meant to kinda look like awards or something. Kinda like the TOS Dress Uniform can have awards on it.
    However I do know of a more accessable jacket that has an actual Republic badge. If you get that nanofiber jacket from one of the Discovery era missions, Romulans can wear that with a Romulan Republic badge on it. As of right now I don't know if Fed Allied Romulans wearing Starfleet Uniforms can put the Republic badge on those, but I at least know of the nanofiber jacket.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I think that particular one is tied to the Veteran Jacket. Meant to kinda look like awards or something. Kinda like the TOS Dress Uniform can have awards on it.
    However I do know of a more accessable jacket that has an actual Republic badge. If you get that nanofiber jacket from one of the Discovery era missions, Romulans can wear that with a Romulan Republic badge on it. As of right now I don't know if Fed Allied Romulans wearing Starfleet Uniforms can put the Republic badge on those, but I at least know of the nanofiber jacket.

Correct, that is on the veteran gear. I went through all the other uniform jackets I have and did not see any other options for my FED Romulan (well, Reman, which may affect the options, too).

I'll have to see if I can get that nanofiber jacket and check that.
  • trekkiejedigirl#9564 trekkiejedigirl Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    You can get a Romulan Republic Badge by playing the First Contact Rocket Launch Event and choosing it as your reward at the end or playing through the new mission and choosing it. It's one or the two but I think I got mine by choosing it at the end if my first playthrough of the Rocket launch mission.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Yeah, there's on in the reward box for First Contact Day or the new Patrol.

Lots of badges to choose from. I got them all by playing different characters and choosing a different one each time
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    edited April 2020
    You can get a Romulan Republic Badge by playing the First Contact Rocket Launch Event and choosing it as your reward at the end or playing through the new mission and choosing it. It's one or the two but I think I got mine by choosing it at the end if my first playthrough of the Rocket launch mission.

Unless it is not listed in the tooltip for some reason, the badge box for First Contact Day does not have a Romulan Republic choice. I have also claimed all the badges from the box over the course of the event and don't see a Romulan Republic option at the tailor, though I do find all of the others that are listed in the image below.

Are you certain that is where you got it? Do you have a picture of what it looks like?

unknown.png
  • ultimoore#6295 ultimoore Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Only Romulan Republic badges I know of are the ones tied to the rank insignia (IIRC full admiral or higher have the Republic emblem on their insignia). There's no seperate Romulan Republic badge that I know of.

EDIT:epwyGSz.jpg

You mean like this?
    It looks similar to that yes, But all the people I saw didnt have the shoulder pads on.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Sounds like it's maybe a emblem that you can put on your character's left arm. If you own your fleet, you can customize it in a multitude of ways. There are multiple eagle looking emblems as well as the RSE option. In the picture above with the Reman posted by @spiritborn, the character has a fleet emblem on it's left arm.

DElPO2U.png
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    > @salazarraze said:
    > Sounds like it's maybe a emblem that you can put on your character's left arm. If you own your fleet, you can customize it in a multitude of ways. There are multiple eagle looking emblems as well as the RSE option. In the picture above with the Reman posted by @spiritborn, the character has a fleet emblem on it's left arm.
    >
    > (Image)

I have seen those before, but no. This was where the normal starfleet badge would sit. On the characters left chest.
    > @salazarraze said:
    > Sounds like it's maybe a emblem that you can put on your character's left arm. If you own your fleet, you can customize it in a multitude of ways. There are multiple eagle looking emblems as well as the RSE option. In the picture above with the Reman posted by @spiritborn, the character has a fleet emblem on it's left arm.
    >
    > (Image)

I have seen those before, but no. This was where the normal starfleet badge would sit. On the characters left chest.

Next time you spot one, see if you can get a screenshot. Now I am curious. The picture above you said looks like it does not seem to have a badge there.
    Found it! Well a friend told me that a friend of a friend has one! Here is the image he sent me on Discord.
    Untitled.png
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    I must say I've never seen that one before, according the UI the badge is called "romulan insignia" but I couldn't tell you how you get it, it isn't avaible on any outfits my romulan characters (I have 2) have.
  • oclosoclos Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Maybe it's wearable only with the survival jacket for some odd reason.
    Adm. Necheyev didn't own ANY Starfleet ships. Starfleet did. Also she didn't make one bolt, connect a single wire, gelpack or device, or otherwise helped on making them. I find it presumptuous she claimed it was HER ships. In fact saying as much would probably warranty a reprimand from any of her superiors in Federation and possibly not participating in said actions as other superior personnel do, would in our days(2409 onwards) result in herself facing the same fate as what she has threatened, in that same penal colony.
    oclos wrote: »

Very possible. There are so many combination exclusives and restrictions it is near impossible to keep track of them all.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    All right, devs, you have your marching orders. The very next time you have a moment to breathe (preferably without anyone nearby - never know who might be asymptomatic), you need to start making this badge available for all the Romulan/Federation uniforms at the very least. (Working with all FedRom and Fed uniforms would make sense; neither the Republic itself nor the Klingon Empire really goes in for the whole "chest medal" thing, as it gets in the way of sashes and such - those Imperial types, of whatever empire, really love their sashes, don't they?).
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png

That's actually the badge I was talking about on the nanofiber jacket. Forgot it was also on the Survival Jacket.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • aboundedorc0#8479 aboundedorc0 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Yeah. Those particular Romulan badges are nowhere near as jazzy as other factions options. I run six different RRW characters and would dearly love to see a bit more options added to their tailoring experience.

I do however offer some extreme kudos to the Cryptic person, a woman I believe, who has been ramping up the appearances of the games many hairstyles. Those have all been fantastic and I hope that she keeps it up!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Thanks to this Thread, I realized I had two more Uniform Options to pick up at the Starbase Tailor (Odyssey stuff).
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    That's actually the badge I was talking about on the nanofiber jacket. Forgot it was also on the Survival Jacket.
    If you look red-side You'll also see a KDF logo for that jacket.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    KDF side, OR the Diplomacy Opposing Faction BOff.
    Funny thing though, is that I've got the Orion, and she's limited to mostly KDF outfits Fed side (outside of cross faction outfits that is), yet I've got an Andorian KDF side... who can wear KDF uniforms. lol
This discussion has been closed.